ESPN | The Boneyard

ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was there anyone playing besides Wiggins and Randle?

Watch ESPN and it's a circle jerk about the frosh and nothing about the Harris's of the world who were really good.......ESPN sucks!!

Reaction Score
Couldnt agree more. It was disgusting how much ESPN lauded these players/teams.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Agreed.

Keith Appling went for 22 pts, 8 reb, 8 ast, and 4 steals.... but you dont hear anyone talking about him.

ESPN is becoming worse and worse as far as accurately reporting on the sports landscape.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They only talk about what they know will get people to watch. Nobody cares about upperclassmen playing well, they want to hear about the freshmen.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
They only talk about what they know will get people to watch. Nobody cares about upperclassmen playing well, they want to hear about the freshmen.
Not I

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Kansas's Perry Ellis went for a career high 24 points and you didn't hear jack squat about him. The highlights were all Parker and Wiggins.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Agreed.

Keith Appling went for 22 pts, 8 reb, 8 ast, and 4 steals.... but you dont hear anyone talking about him.

ESPN is becoming worse and worse as far as accurately reporting on the sports landscape.

Yeah, and the headline for the KU/Duke game was something like "Wiggins leads KU to victory."

Uh, more like, "Wiggins scores a bunch of glamour points at the end after Perry Ellis and Wayne Selden hold down the fort for 30 minutes." Wiggins did have a big step-back jumper (followed by a leak-out dunk) but Ellis was making big play after big play. Mason was also a beast: 11-12 from the line.

Reaction Score
wiggins second gear is Westbrook like ... But he's 6'8. Also it may sound like a circle jerk , but those three dudes are really rare talents. Watching them play this year will be a pleasure, mainly wiggins.

Reaction Score
wiggins second gear is Westbrook like ... But he's 6'8. Also it may sound like a circle jerk , but those three dudes are really rare talents. Watching them play this year will be a pleasure, mainly wiggins.

I like Randle the most with Parker 2nd. Think Wiggins has a ways to go and I agree it would be a pleasure to watch them, as long as ESPN isn't spewing everywhere about it. There were other basketball players who were better last night and they were forgotten and that's ridiculous! Some are actually college "student-athletes" too who have shared their careers with the campus while some are one-and-dones. But let's be sure we throw the one-and-dones up there on the pedestal right? ESPN is BS......they blow!

Reaction Score
they hired goodman, you could guess where I stand with their 'analysts' and content. jay bilas is cool though
I like Randle the most with Parker 2nd. Think Wiggins has a ways to go and I agree it would be a pleasure to watch them, as long as ESPN isn't spewing everywhere about it. There were other basketball players who were better last night and they were forgotten and that's ridiculous! Some are actually college "student-athletes" too who have shared their careers with the campus while some are one-and-dones. But let's be sure we throw the one-and-dones up there on the pedestal right? ESPN is BS......they blow!

Reaction Score
Im not a big fan of BSPN. Theyre becoming the TMZ of sports.

Unfortunately, the competition is even more shrill. Would be cool to see a TV channel devoted to more hardcore analysis but not sure there's a market for that. Just reading comments on ESPN stories should give you a good idea of the level of intellect of many ESPN fans.

Reaction Score
Was there anyone playing besides Wiggins and Randle?

Watch ESPN and it's a circle jerk about the frosh and nothing about the Harris's of the world who were really good.......ESPN sucks!!
They do, but in a world that gives the Kardashians a tv show, are they really at the bottom?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The OP is certainly right about the high-light shows but during the game the announcers did praise Ellis, Harris etc.

I must admit that I was favorably impressed by all three of the canonized frosh.
Parker is the most polished, best ball-handler, mid-range and perimeter shooter of the 3. He was also more athletic than previously reported...probably because he was recovering from injury last year.
Randall was a beast on the boards and has Moses Malone-like low post moves. The zebras did swallow their whistles for a plethora of player movement restriction-type fouls that he committed (the KY jelly players complained vociferously about every call and certainly deserved technicals a lot more than Bazz ever did).
I was expecting Wiggins to be an over-hyped, spectacular dunker but he showed a degree of maturity in letting the game come to him and knowing where to be on the court which is rare for a freshman. His body type suggests that he will become stronger over time and the forethought to perform that step-back shot at that time reflected a special mental understanding of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom