ESPN -WV fans support | The Boneyard

ESPN -WV fans support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/24551/holgorsen-not-pleased-with-wvu-fans

I found this article interesting. Very strong statements, I wonder how the fans will react...I think RE's similar approach backfired....I notice PP is going out of his way to thank the fans, almost as mending wounds...and really fan support has not changed....it will be interesting to see this weekend if Wv sells out...I would expect a big east game the get more fans

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Interesting approach. He better win is right.

Reaction Score
WV residents will probably take this personal and try and prove him wrong by showing up. CT residents are too busy leaf peeping this time of year to take notice of their State U's coach calling them out.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Um.... what's Mantrip??? The only clues from Holgorsen is that Mantrip is at 9:45 AM and they had to cancel it before BGSU due to weather.

Reaction Score
"They are 2-3 but should be 5-0". That's DAMN RIGHT DANA!

I love this dude. He's good for the game, good for excitement.

Reaction Score
Gutsy words from a confident coach. WV fans love this guy so he can get away with it and there will probably be a positive response.

Geno has called out the fans for not showing up in a similar fashion to this.

Reaction Score
Um.... what's Mantrip??? The only clues from Holgorsen is that Mantrip is at 9:45 AM and they had to cancel it before BGSU due to weather.

I think a mantrip is the cart in a coal mine that ferries miners into the depths of the mine... I think its their version of the husky walk etc

Sent from my Droid

Reaction Score
I think a mantrip is the cart in a coal mine that ferries miners into the depths of the mine... I think its their version of the husky walk

More or less. The players are dropped off below the stadium and walk up through the tailgate lots and into Mountaineer Field. There are no ropes or barriers separating the fans from the players. Gives the two groups a chance to see one another up close. It occurs ~2.5 hours prior to kickoff, and unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to the stadium early enough to see it yet.

I agree with everything DH said about the lack of support last Saturday. Barely 46,000, and it was Homecoming. Pathetic showing, especially by the students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom