Espn. What happened? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Espn. What happened?

Reaction Score
So espns two options are to stay with the current new format - which everyone hates or go back to the old ways of highlights which will please some people ? Hmmmm sounds simple to me. Some is better than none.
Will someone please think of JB75’s needs here people!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mean it still preceded MNF, just one more game in between... again I watched the show for Berman and TJ more than anything else. Wouldn’t matter to me.

You want an hour on NFL highlights 24 hours after the game ends to hear Chris Berman yell?

Yeah I guess there are all sorts of fetishes.

Reaction Score
Things I love about ESPN:

1. ESPY’s
2. X-Games
3. LeBron James breaking news.

Things I hate about ESPN:

1. Sports - Boring!
They really missed the boat letting Taylor Rooks slip away and get her own show on another network. Would’ve captured about half the audience on The Boneyard. Not @JMick tho, he’s too busy checking out sweet welds on garage-art.com

Reaction Score
Lol I kno. Was just saying primetime was great - Red zone is everything I cud ask for - Last thing I’ll say - if I want to see a crazy play or a sick dunk I’ll check it on my phone or laptop or tablet or whatever but if I want to see a comprehensive highlight show neatly done and packaged up nicely nothing beat espn. You can’t get that on your iPhone that’s the point I’m trying to make - I understand the easy access of the highlights took away some of the luster of sports center but you can’t tell me that’s the main reason for It’s decline. And to respond to the “ratings to lose” response - we’ll i find it hard to believe the ratings for espn cud be worse than they are now.

Reaction Score
Thx Mano. Lol. Ok I’m done. On a positive note , tell me this isnt the best time of year ? football starting up baseball playoffs around the corner , uconn hoops and b-ball in full swing come November. nothing beats October November if you’re a sports fan

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm a statistical anomaly but me and alot of guys I know stopped watching ESPN because of politics. Not necessarily in the traditional sense of I'm boycotting ESPN because they are liberals but more so in the why on Earth is ESPN political in the first place. It's just unpleasant and uncomfortable to mix sports and politics. 22 by the way

Your first inclination was correct. There are 300 million people in this country; you and your buddies may be an exception to the rule, but you don't disprove it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
ESPN takes too much time to consume quite frankly. I want targeted highlights of teams/games I want to watch. Don't wanna have to sit around wading through all the extra clips, on top of commercials.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He’s the star of Sunday night Baseball. They need to upgrade that team.
I'm apparently listening to a different broadcast than a few on here, so it must be me. I thought he sounded like a moron. Couldn't decide who his MVP was and the lady with them liked Mookie because of his athletic at-bats. Just stupid. I just found the whole thing to be dreadful and uninformative.

Reaction Score
Eh, maybe they’re not all bad:

9_B79_B3_F0_A8_D0_4_C9_F_906_D_AAE380174521.jpg

Reaction Score
I definitely can relate to how watching NFL prime time after the Sunday games was a must watch. I used to find out if my Panthers won or lost with those high lights. Tick tick tick tick tick .

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I understand people can now get thier highlights on their phone in an instant or any other way but sometimes you just want to sit down after a long day and watch some damn highlights which covers everything that happened in sports for that day. Unreal.

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely despise smartphone culture and the effects that mobile internet has had on us as a society.

Reaction Score
Your first inclination was correct. There are 300 million people in this country; you and your buddies may be an exception to the rule, but you don't disprove it.
I don't mean me and my group of guys though. I mean people at school who were in general apolitical who could do without. Obviously a personal experience but from what I've seen and considering it took place on a college campus in a liberal state leads me too believe that although it definitely isn't exclusively because of politics it played a bigger role than some on this thread think it did. I think it was Jason Whitlock who talked about how sports fans and sports culture traditionally leans towards conservative idea which which explains outrage towards what people consider "pushing an agenda".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm apparently listening to a different broadcast than a few on here, so it must be me. I thought he sounded like a moron. Couldn't decide who his MVP was and the lady with them liked Mookie because of his athletic at-bats. Just stupid. I just found the whole thing to be dreadful and uninformative.

What exactly is an 'athletic at-bat'?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Someone earlier mentioned appeasing the 35-50 demographic, I agree wholeheartedly. ESPN does not have a monopoly on protest politics coverage, all their competitors covered in a similar fashion and continue to thrive. So politics is a non-factor relative to the quality of its productions. ESPN lacks the on-air talent and wit that they possessed as recent as the early 2000's. Also competition is stiff. There are so many alternatives to consume sports information and entertainment. It really seems as though ESPN is losing their way within the sports entertainment arena.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom