ESPN trying to set UConn narrative again... | The Boneyard

ESPN trying to set UConn narrative again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The original story was an AP story: Compare Titles from various Twitter feeds:

AmericaNews247 1:10pm via twitterfeed
AD says UConn will still challenge for national championships in the American Conference: ... Post original url/17Si8iv #Fox #Sports #AN247

AP_Top25 1:18pm via SocialFlow
AD says #UConn will still challenge for national championships in the #AAC apne.ws/19ZeZ1d

WTIC1080 1:23pm via dlvr.it
UConn Expected To Be Cornerstone Of Conference cbsloc.al/1cZqAwQ

YahooSportNCAAF 1:40pm via twitterfeed
UConn expected to be cornerstone of conference (Yahoo! Sports) yhoo.it/17SpfYc #Collegefootball

College_FB 1:21pm via twitterfeed
AD says UConn done chasing other conferences: It's a prickly question, and one that visibly frustrates Connect... es.pn/17SkKNj which points to article below.

UConn content to stay in AAC
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-uconn-huskies-done-chasing-other-conferences

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why do I even bother? No one in storrs gives a crap...the guy is flat out telling u he has no fight and no aggressiveness to go somewhere. Ppl here will still defend him.

Reaction Score
I agree they fugged with the headline, but the article is the same. Manuel says we're not looking elsewhere, which is all he could say publicly. Moving along.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
1. If he said UConn's success is independent of.conference affiliation then it would have been good press. Instead, his loose discipline allows the message to be detailed a bit.

2. Lol at Rutgers being mentioned as another big name.

3. If Aresco wants us to be the bell cow, and for the AAC to challenge the P5, then I still support the idea of massive conference sponsored cheating.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Aggressive people go get sh it
Passive ppl wait to see what happens
Aggressive ppl make things happen
Passive ppl monitor the situation

Can this get any more clear?

We pay him 400k to do what?

Schedule Boise and BYU and Stanford basketball?

F my di ck.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was my only point (and sharing the article).
Your point is valid. It creates an opinion with anyone who only reads titles that is beneficial to ESPN and is detrimental to UConn with regards to CR.

Reaction Score
Are the Huskies done looking for a landing spot in one of the so-called five power conferences, or is the school a member of the new American Athletic Conference just until something better comes along?

"I’ve been done,” Manuel said during a recent interview with The Associated Press in his office to discuss the recent past and future of UConn athletics. “If my focus is always looking outside this organization and what we’re doing, we’re not going to maintain the success that we’ve had.”

Just when I pushed the thought of manuel jetting off early to the usvi during one of the most important periods in UConn's athletic life, he opens his mouth to remind me that maybe manuel just doesn't get it.

Does he not know the diplomatic answers to these questions, or is he just that clueless?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Are the Huskies done looking for a landing spot in one of the so-called five power conferences, or is the school a member of the new American Athletic Conference just until something better comes along?

"I’ve been done,” Manuel said during a recent interview with The Associated Press in his office to discuss the recent past and future of UConn athletics. “If my focus is always looking outside this organization and what we’re doing, we’re not going to maintain the success that we’ve had.”

Just when I pushed the thought of manuel jetting off early to the usvi during one of the most important periods in UConn's athletic life, he opens his mouth to remind me that maybe manuel just doesn't get it.

Does he not know the diplomatic answers to these questions, or is he just that clueless?

Give warde a raise. He's doing a great job here. Just ask sd husky and others. Great frucking job.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Agree about the comments after the article...UConn is easily the most hated school in the former Big East. We are hated on almost Duke-like levels by Syracuse and BC fans. It's pretty sweet, actually...lol

We surpassed Syracuse from an athletic standpoint years ago, and are in the process of passing them academically. This doesn't sit well with their fanbase, for sure, but deep down they know its true. Just like they know that the only way they can possibly regain the upper hand with us is with conference inequity. It's all they got. On level ground, UConn puts them farther and farther in the rearview mirror.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Agree about the comments after the article...UConn is easily the most hated school in the former Big East. We are hated on almost Duke-like levels by Syracuse and BC fans. It's pretty sweet, actually...lol

We surpassed Syracuse from an athletic standpoint years ago, and are in the process of passing them academically. This doesn't sit well with their fanbase, for sure, but deep down they know its true. Just like they know that the only way they can possibly regain the upper hand with us is with conference inequity. It's all they got. On level ground, UConn puts them farther and farther in the rearview mirror.

We're actually farther away then we were since the 80s but this is the uconn fan fantasy now. We were catching them all quick. Now we fell right back down to 2003. The gap is huge. Stop puffing chest and realize how bad things are.

$1 gets you a candy bar at the gas station. $20 gets you that candy bar, then 4 more. Then a coke and 4 gallons of gas. Now times that by the million and make the goodies more sexy.

Reaction Score

This is my point. ESPN's headline fits what Manuel is saying. He is basically saying, "leave us alone were happy, move one". He is just better off declining questions about CR. Just say you have nothing to add and are working on scheduling games.
STFU Warde please.

Reaction Score
People who get worker up over innocuous statements by Warde seem like they'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Seriously. Do they really think that Delany or Swofford are reading that article and thinking "well, I was going to give Uconn a call but it doesn't seem like they are interested anymore"?

How many times did we see programs say they were happy where they were only to leave shortly thereafter? Off the top of my head I can think of Boise St, WVU, TCU, UL and of course ND. Hell, even the ACC said they wouldn't take partial partners but then they added ND.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
People who get worker up over innocuous statements by Warde seem like they'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

After the buzzer sounds, the band stops playing and the cheerleaders home, college sports isn't fun, it's big business full of serious people fighting over big dollars. Some schools get it and some don't we didn't get it until it was too late.

Warde has shown on several occasions that he isn't the rock star we were promised. It doesn't mean he should.be fired. It does mean that he, like us, aren't in the major league at this point in time.

Every personnel decision going forward has the added question, "Can we attract top talent?" KO and whoever succeeds Geno is baked in. Our next FB coach, AD not so much.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
If Warde says we're looking to leave the AAC, that's not going to help with the AAC. We have to strengthen the hand of cards dealt and when someone else invites, we move on.

Reaction Score
..., even the ACC said they wouldn't take partial partners but then they added ND.

Apparently Coach K is not thrilled with their partial membership.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more...with_mike_krzyzewski_Qsfun4H1MoBy9tk8455gLL/1

Q: Do you like the relationship with Notre Dame the ACC agreed to (joining in all sports except football, but playing five football games a season against ACC foes) in order to add the Fighting Irish?
A: I think you can’t do something for one that you’re not willing to do for all in these type of situations. I would never have accepted personally them coming in and not being totally in. Why don’t Duke and North Carolina do something different in basketball? I mean it’s not right. I’m happy that they’re part of it I’m just not happy the way that they’re apart of it. They add value but, just being old-fashioned, [if] we’re playing cards, we all get five cards. That’s why they were never a member of the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."
Someone tell PP same goes for offensive football.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Aggressive ppl make things happen
Passive ppl monitor the situation

Seems like all you do is monitor the situation and whine, cry, complain etc like a 6 year old girl.

If I'm wrong, tell me about all the things you make happen for yourself

Reaction Score
When Syracuse/Pitt/WVU, and to a lesser degree, Maryland announced moves, UCONN was a little over-the-top publicly about wanting to get OUT (comments by admin, gov, etc.). When it doesn't happen, it's tough to save face. My guess is that this article is trying to "recenter" perceptions. CR is as much a politics and perception game, as anything else, and you won't have leverage if you look desperate. UCONN needs to have confidence in the value it brings, its past accomplishments, and its future prospects.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The original story was an AP story: Compare Titles from various Twitter feeds:

AmericaNews247 1:10pm via twitterfeed
AD says UConn will still challenge for national championships in the American Conference: ... Post original url/17Si8iv #Fox #Sports #AN247

AP_Top25 1:18pm via SocialFlow
AD says #UConn will still challenge for national championships in the #AAC apne.ws/19ZeZ1d

WTIC1080 1:23pm via dlvr.it
UConn Expected To Be Cornerstone Of Conference cbsloc.al/1cZqAwQ

YahooSportNCAAF 1:40pm via twitterfeed
UConn expected to be cornerstone of conference (Yahoo! Sports) yhoo.it/17SpfYc #Collegefootball

College_FB 1:21pm via twitterfeed
AD says UConn done chasing other conferences: It's a prickly question, and one that visibly frustrates Connect... es.pn/17SkKNj which points to article below.

UConn content to stay in AAC
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-uconn-huskies-done-chasing-other-conferences
Hell! ESPNFC even tweeted this! How is that a related topic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01