ESPN top guards in cbb | The Boneyard

ESPN top guards in cbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...o-russell-top-point-guards-college-basketball

Which guard would you want taking the last shot?

Goodman: There's certainly a history with Kentucky's Aaron Harrison. He's done it time and time again, especially on the game's biggest stage. However, Harrison isn't shooting it as well as last season and I'd rather have a guy who has done it all year long. I think I'd even take another Kentucky guy, Devin Booker, over Harrison. He's a lights-out shooter. We never made it clear whether this was a big spot 3-point shot or just a last-second shot, but I'd take Gonzaga senior Kevin Pangos for a big, last-second 3-pointer.

ncb_a_kevinpangos_ms_288x162.jpg

AP Photo/Young KwakGonzaga guard Kevin Pangos is shooting 47.2 percent from 3-point range this season.

Bilas: For a last shot, I would go with either Marcus Paige of North Carolina or Ryan Boatright of UConn. Paige has not had the type of season I expected -- he hasn't shot the ball as well as I know he can -- but he is still the same courageous player. He's a player I would trust with a last shot. Boatright is an excellent breakdown guard who can get his own shot and make challenged shots. He is unafraid of the moment and willing to accept the consequences of missing. Not all players are.

Goodman: OK, you decided to go "shot-maker" with Paige or Boatright, instead of a pure shooter like Pangos. I've got no problem with either of those guys (although Boatright frightens me with his decision-making) -- and I'll add another one who I might take over both of them: Wichita State's Ron Baker. He can create his shot and also drill 3s. He's fearless, is not as quick as Boatright but stronger than Paige and can finish around the basket a little better.

Bilas: Baker is an excellent choice for a last shot, and you can run him off some screens to get him open. He is not the player that you expect to create his own. I'll tell you one guy I would want to create his own shot, and another guy I would put up there with Paige and Boatright to take my last shot, would be Chasson Randle of Stanford. Randle is one of the most underrated players in the country. He is a target of opposing defenses, yet consistently makes difficult, yet necessary, shots. Randle is a great scorer who is unafraid of the moment. No player has been better in the Pac-12 than Randle.

Some love from Bilas, frightens Goodman. ESPN insider article.

Reaction Score
dogs need to start zoning up at various junctures in game time to rest and protect boatman if they expect to avoid hades

olywould let boatman sink on offensive end cuse he make canoe brake arse on d and then not have enuf in tankee to register markers at munchcrunchbunch

oleewould only do it rite if dude stop spending time playin titlywinks and checkers and learn a big boyz game called chesticles

Reaction Score
Baker and Booker? C'mon Goodman when have you seen them handle the ball like an actual "guard" - they are shooters off the screen and mostly like swing or 3 men. clueless and has not shot in a discussion with Bilas.

Reaction Score
Boatright seems more effective when the clock is winding down, and he's under pressure . It's like he stops thinking and just plays. No stats to prove it but I think Bilas has seen that too.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm definitely in the minority, but I wouldn't want Boatright taking the last shot over Paige.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom