ESPN top 25 | The Boneyard

ESPN top 25

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when Geno made this statement:
"Evina Westbrook (9.4 PPG, 4.3 APG) could get pushed by Azzi Fudd the No. 1 recruit in the country and one of the best shooters Auriemma says he has ever seen."
I happen to agree as do people like @MilfordHusky who have actually seen Azzi play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good!

Massey = Stanford #1
AP= SCar #1
ESPN= UConn #1

As it should be. Waiting on first Coach's Poll.

Kentucky overrated as usual. No love for the Dawgs seems to be Stanford.

Big Ten won't end up that strong like PAC did last year.
Massey should not be cited as a preseason ranking.

Unbelievable that they have Kentucky #12 and no Georgia? I don't get this.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Good!

Massey = Stanford #1
AP= SCar #1
ESPN= UConn #1

You may be the only Gamecock fan taking this well.

Reaction Score
"Evina Westbrook (9.4 PPG, 4.3 APG) could get pushed by Azzi Fudd the No. 1 recruit in the country and one of the best shooters Auriemma says he has ever seen."
I happen to agree as do people like @MilfordHusky who have actually seen Azzi play.
No surprise to me. If Fudd can play good enough defense, I’d play her ahead of EW too. Once she gets her shooting rhythm in games she has to play.

Reaction Score
Yes,
For 3 years we've had hundreds of Azzi posts on the BY. Now that she's here, all we hear are crickets. BTW what about the experts last year talking about Paige coming off the bench as a freshman. Ugh. Certain players you start, from the first second on. Certain other players you not only start but you never take them out of the game. (Paige, Azzi- we'll see) Of course we (as fans) won't know until we see it, but there are tea leaves for us to read. Can anyone foresee Paige and Azzi for at least 3 more years nonstop ridiculousness? E deserves the utmost respect for what she's done on and off the court. Whether she plays a minute of WNBA no one can take away what she's contributed at UConn. But I contend Azzi is different. This is gunna be other-worldly, outrageous! That's my bet!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

There are no quotation marks. I think Charlie Creme is just stringing together several thoughts to suggest that Azzi could push Evina & Christyn for PT. While that may be true, the only comment that appears to be a Geno quote is that Azzi is one of the best shooters he’s ever seen.

Reaction Score
Azzi could score an efficient 20 ppg in her sleep...Hope Geno starts her.
Geno won't start Azzi at the beginning but I believe she will be a starter in February, 2022. And I hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
Good!

Massey = Stanford #1
AP= SCar #1
ESPN= UConn #1

Massey is not a poll.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
True. But it’s a ranking that some ( not me) assert is more accurate because it lacks human bias
It's a complete non sequitur because it cannot take into account offseason changes in personnel. Massey just needs something as a starting point and so they use a weighted average of ratings from the past several years.

Hence why Arizona is listed as #7 in Massey (compared to #22 in AP and #20 in ESPN) and Syracuse is showing as #37 when probably shouldn't even be considered top 100 after their mass exodus.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom