ESPN Top 100 NBA Prospects | The Boneyard

ESPN Top 100 NBA Prospects

Reaction Score
For the 2018 draft....no Jalen

it really sucks being a UConn fan right now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Jalen's problem is he is not a true point and can't shoot from three's and his defense is okay but not great.

If his shooting was over 40% and averaged say 6 assists a game then he would be ranked. Then again if UConn record is the same he would remain off the list more than likely

Reaction Score
I think a strong and sturdy Larrier who mixes it up would be a solid NBA prospect, trouble is that’s not who we have. His handle is a turnover at any moment, and his injuries make him seem fragile ready to break.

Reaction Score
When you play the way Adams is playing he'll be lucky to make the Bolivian League and Ollie needs to somehow get that through his head.
Unless, of course, Adams believes he's helping his cause with turnovers and poor shooting.............

Reaction Score
I think a strong and sturdy Larrier who mixes it up would be a solid NBA prospect, trouble is that’s not who we have. His handle is a turnover at any moment, and his injuries make him seem fragile ready to break.
Hamilton though similar in frame and turnovers and perhaps a worse shooter was far more aggressive, better passer and rebounder. Do you all realize he led the league in boards as a sophomore?

Reaction Score

Well, can't argue the part about his handle, but he has been passing the ball well of late.

Injuries? Plural? There's the ACL and?

Reaction Score
When you play the way Adams is playing he'll be lucky to make the Bolivian League and Ollie needs to somehow get that through his head.
Unless, of course, Adams believes he's helping his cause with turnovers and poor shooting...
Not getting it through his head is precisely the problem, and one that won't get SOLVED. He won't get it through his head until his is on that Bolivian league team wondering how the hell he got there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hamilton though similar in frame and turnovers and perhaps a worse shooter was far more aggressive, better passer and rebounder. Do you all realize he led the league in boards as a sophomore?
Hamilton is extremely versatile. People feel pissed off he left early and the team stinks so they discredit his time here but he went for like 13ppg 9rpg 5apg his sophomore year. Larrier is a very good 15 ft jump shooter but it’s not 1953 anymore.

Reaction Score
So obvious Jalen doesn't take the game serious during off season. Got to put the work in.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Jalen's problem is he is not a true point and can't shoot from three's and his defense is okay but not great.

If his shooting was over 40% and averaged say 6 assists a game then he would be ranked. Then again if UConn record is the same he would remain off the list more than likely
Well he’s shooting 42% or so and averaging 4 and a half assists so he’s only an assist and a half away from your metrics!

Reaction Score
So obvious Jalen doesn't take the game serious during off season. Got to put the work in.

Don't think adam's is an elite athlete.... he's a jack of all trades combo guard that doesn't excel in one area. Wish he played "mad" like Bazz or Boatwright.

Think the best potential NBA prospect on the team is Whaley.
Lot's of development needed before he gets considered, but he has the athletic body type that the nba is looking for these days.

Polley has the genes...hopefully he continues to grow...very anxious to see Sid get on the court

Reaction Score
I dont see Jalen in the 2018 draft, bu he could be in the next one. If Ollie stays he needs to have a plan in place for both Jalen and TL to learn how to hit jump shots. Jalen more so needs the pull up jumper too. Being able to hit the three and penetrate and stop on a dime and consistently hit that mid range jumper... There would be no way for any defender to stop that kid. He's gotta put in the work though.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is extremely versatile. People feel pissed off he left early and the team stinks so they discredit his time here but he went for like 13ppg 9rpg 5apg his sophomore year. Larrier is a very good 15 ft jump shooter but it’s not 1953 anymore.

Larrier is going to be much better than that.

Compare Larrier to Daniels. Both of them have similarities in their games, but Larrier is probably the better shooter.

Am I the only one that remembers Deandre's dribbling problems (which he eventually got over, not necessarily by improving his handle, but by figuring out where he could do it, when, and where/when he couldn't?). Take the other night for example. Larrier one on one is more than capable of putting the ball on the floor and making a move. What we don't want to see is him trying to dribble through multiple defenders in the lane.

I think Larrier is coming on here.

Reaction Score

Compare Larrier to Daniels. Both of them have similarities in their games, but Larrier is probably the better shooter.

Am I the only one that remembers Deandre's dribbling problems (which he eventually got over, not necessarily by improving his handle, but by figuring out where he could do it, when, and where/when he couldn't?). Take the other night for example. Larrier one on one is more than capable of putting the ball on the floor and making a move. What we don't want to see is him trying to dribble through multiple defenders in the lane.

Yes. Larrier's handle is very bad, but because of his length he really only needs one dribble to get himself open anyway. I don't mind his one dribble and strong spin move play. When he starts trying to do crossovers and behind the back dribbles you know it is going to get stripped. Unfortunately, he can't dribble in the open court either, although it seems like even Adams, Vital, and Anderson have trouble dribbling on fast breaks too, which really sucks for us.

Reaction Score
Yes. Larrier's handle is very bad, but because of his length he really only needs one dribble to get himself open anyway. I don't mind his one dribble and strong spin move play. When he starts trying to do crossovers and behind the back dribbles you know it is going to get stripped. Unfortunately, he can't dribble in the open court either, although it seems like even Adams, Vital, and Anderson have trouble dribbling on fast breaks too, which really sucks for us.

Like Daniels?

Reaction Score
Bring Jalen back next year with a more polished 3 point shot, hand the keys to Akinjo at PG and we'll see how much Jalen's draft stock improves

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
IMO Jalen and Larrier won’t be drafted at all. They’ll be 23 for the 2019 NBA Draft.

So many kids are younger, better, and have much higher potential.

Reaction Score

Larrier has a great midrange game, but the handle of a middle schooler...DD was huge down the stretch of his final year. If Larrier can repeat that overthe next couple of months, things could get exciting

Reaction Score
IMO Jalen and Larrier won’t be drafted at all. They’ll be 23 for the 2019 NBA Draft.

So many kids are younger, better, and have much higher potential.
Age is a big factor with the draft....21 is now old...it's crazy

Reaction Score
Bring Jalen back next year with a more polished 3 point shot, hand the keys to Akinjo at PG and we'll see how much Jalen's draft stock improves

Not much because 6'2" SGs that are okay from 3 and can't really defend aren't exactly in the NBA wheelhouse right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom