ESPN Top 10 NBA Players of All Time Mistake | The Boneyard

ESPN Top 10 NBA Players of All Time Mistake

Reaction Score
Lol this toddler has no clue.

Lebron is more of a physical freak and has more God given talent but Jordan is far and away the GOAT. It's not even debatable.

One of my best friends is the biggest Lebron fan I've ever met. Would call him better than MJ for years and there was no changing his mind. After watching "The Last Dance" he has changed his mind and thinks anyone who thinks Lebron is better is certifiably insane.

If Jordan played in today's league he would be a better scorer than James Harden. He'd probably average 40-45 points a game and he at the free throw line 20 times

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Did anyone ever average a triple double for their entire NBA career?

Reaction Score

Lebron is more of a physical freak and has more God given talent but Jordan is far and away the GOAT. It's not even debatable.

One of my best friends is the biggest Lebron fan I've ever met. Would call him better than MJ for years and there was no changing his mind. After watching "The Last Dance" he has changed his mind and thinks anyone who thinks Lebron is better is certifiably insane.

If Jordan played in today's league he would be a better scorer than James Harden. He'd probably average 40-45 points a game and he at the free throw line 20 times
This is pretty much me. My feeling was always 1 and 1a with LeBron and MJ but after The Last Dance I think it's definitely a clear 1 and 2

Reaction Score
Did anyone ever average a triple double for their entire NBA career?
Oscar Robertson and Russell Westbrook are the only 2 who have even averaged a triple double for a season, and both are well below that for their career

Reaction Score
Between Lebron and MJ there is no wrong choice, just a matter of preference. I have Lebron ahead, but both are deserving.

My beef is the rest of the list. May he Rest In Glory, but Kobe was far too inefficient to be top 10. He played almost half his career as Shaq's "Robin" and still never managed a great FG%. Lebron, Jordan, Bird, Dr. J, hell KD are all great non-bigs and all shot at least 48% from the field. You can't be inefficient at the thing that is your best attribute. His career numbers are almost identical to Carmelo's.

Reaction Score
Between Lebron and MJ there is no wrong choice, just a matter of preference. I have Lebron ahead, but both are deserving.

My beef is the rest of the list. May he Rest In Glory, but Kobe was far too inefficient to be top 10. He played almost half his career as Shaq's "Robin" and still never managed a great FG%. Lebron, Jordan, Bird, Dr. J, hell KD are all great non-bigs and all shot at least 48% from the field. You can't be inefficient at the thing that is your best attribute. His career numbers are almost identical to Carmelo's.

I am yet to hear to one person over the age of 38, who was old enough to appreciate the full Jordan experience from late-80's through late-90's suggest that Lebron is better. I am sure they are out there, but it seems the vast majority of people who think Lebron is comparable or better never really got to watch Jordan.

Reaction Score
The real farce is that LeBron isn't ranked #1 AND #2. He's that great that he deserves the top two slots.

Reaction Score
I am yet to hear to one person over the age of 38, who was old enough to appreciate the full Jordan experience from late-80's through late-90's suggest that Lebron is better. I am sure they are out there, but it seems the vast majority of people who think Lebron is comparable or better never really got to watch Jordan.
I am in my mid 40s. I am telling you I think Lebron is better. And no, I wasn't anti-Jordan. I cheered for him during every championship finals except the one against Barkley.

I have never seen an athlete in a team sport get more out of bad teams than Lebron. He elevates everyone around him. He made bums into max contract players. This is not a shot at Jordan. He was the most beautiful basketball player to watch, and I don't expect to see anyone as beautiful in my lifetime.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think LeBron might be better but Jordan was more clutch. Is that a hair we can split?

Reaction Score
Chamberlain is the GOAT.

MJ was, at least, partially created by the NBA because they needed an attraction post Magic/Bird. He was protected by the refs in a way no other NBA player in history was protected. He got virtually every call. Was allowed to travel. His favored treatment was only surpassed by the amount of hype the league put behind him. He was a tremendous player. But his monetary value to league accounted for much of his preferential treatment and success.

Chamberlain was allowed to be beaten on by opponents. Rules were changed to limit his effectiveness. He received no special treatment, yet dominated in a way never seen before or after.

Reaction Score

Jordan couldn’t shoot 3’s.

Reaction Score
Nope.

Jordan career 3P% - 32.7% Playoffs - 33.2%
James career 3P% - 34.4% Playoffs - 33.2%
I’m not comparing him to LeBron in this circumstance, but you’re forgetting to point out that MJ shot about 1/3 the amount of 3’s per game that LeBron has. So that certainly skews the statistic.

Either was I was responding to the idea that MJ would average 40-45 ppg in today’s league, which is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I am in my mid 40s. I am telling you I think Lebron is better. And no, I wasn't anti-Jordan. I cheered for him during every championship finals except the one against Barkley.

I have never seen an athlete in a team sport get more out of bad teams than Lebron. He elevates everyone around him. He made bums into max contract players. This is not a shot at Jordan. He was the most beautiful basketball player to watch, and I don't expect to see anyone as beautiful in my lifetime.
He sure got the most out of those two stacked Heat teams that lost to Dallas and San Antonio.

You're thinking too much about the 15-16 Cavs and the subsequent couple of years. Don't forget the Eastern Conference was by and large objectively terrible. No one approaching the mid-90s Pacers, Knicks, or Magic. If James gets credit for great performances in losses to the Warriors, shouldn't Jordan get credit for his series performance against the loaded Celtics in 1986?

Lebron deserves immense credit for beating that Warriors team, that was one of the best overall individual performances in professional sports history. The thing that he'll never get past is losing so many times in the playoffs, especially with those two Miami teams. And some of his Cleveland Finals appearances are bolstered by a putrid Eastern Conference.

Reaction Score

The problem with your analysis is that the level of talent greatly diminished as time passed.

Jordan had to go against Bird, Issiah, Magic, Wilkins, Ewing, Shaq, Olajuwan, Robinson, Malone, Barkley, Kemp, and so many more all stars.

Lebron is amazing, but honestly, the NBA during the Lebron era pales into comparison with the heavy weights the Jordan faced every game.

Jordan > Lebron

Reaction Score
I’m not comparing him to LeBron in this circumstance, but you’re forgetting to point out that MJ shot about 1/3 the amount of 3’s per game that LeBron has. So that certainly skews the statistic.

Either was I was responding to the idea that MJ would average 40-45 ppg in today’s league, which is ridiculous.
Agree that the 40-45 ppg stat is ridiculous. In reality, comparing the stats of the two is a false equivalency in a lot of ways. The 3-point shot was much more rare the first half of Jordan's career. Also, the way the game is officiated now versus the 80s and 90s are on two different planets.

Reaction Score
The problem with your analysis is that the level of talent greatly diminished as time passed.

Jordan had to go against Bird, Issiah, Magic, Wilkins, Ewing, Shaq, Olajuwan, Robinson, Malone, Barkley, Kemp, and so many more all stars.

Lebron is amazing, but honestly, the NBA during the Lebron era pales into comparison with the heavy weights the Jordan faced every game.

Jordan > Lebron
Ooh that’s a bad take IMO. There are more stars back to front in todays NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom