ESPN sucks!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN sucks!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Why in the hell would you show Trey, Carolyn, and Kara talking and then highlights when there is still 7mins to go in the UConn game??? Isn't the coverage of the NCAA Women's Tourney about actually letting people WATCH THE FRICKIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those of us not priviledged enough to be in CT on Sat. 3/17 should not have been subjected to highlights and bracket talk while LIVE GAME ACTION was still going on (and not 1 min of action, but SEVEN minutes)!!!!!!!! And not once did they cut to live action, all they did was show highlights of the UCONN game. SO PATHETIC AND SHAMEFUL. I am so furious right now that I don't want to watch another game that isn't UConn, just so that I don't contribute to their ratings. The producers of the NCAA Tourney should be disgusted with themselves. :mad:

Now, tell us how you really feel about ESPN.

You think you had a tough day? Think of the abundant verbal abuse poured on that lovely and very polite young lady at the Webster Bank arena parking garage as she did her duty to extract $15.00 from each irate driver of incoming cars.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Forgot to mention in prior rant...Cablevision in Fairfield County DOES NOT provide ESPN3! :mad:

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
ESPN3 had it in its entirety, and DirecTV did as well.

I have DirecTV and live in northern Connecticut. I tried to get the game multiple times during the game and never could. Ended up watching it on ESPN3.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
ESPN is truly unwatchable. They have such a high opinion of themselves.......why the hell do they feel they have continue to say "the former olympian and the coach" when they introduce Kara and Carolyn. Also Wingo is just winging it. It is no wonder ESPN can't broadcast any of the men's games.
ESPN can't broadcast any of the men's games because CBS and Turner bid more than $10 billion over the next 14 years.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
ESPN can't broadcast any of the men's games because CBS and Turner bid more than $10 billion over the next 14 years.
At least there's competition to ESPN on the men's side. Every game of the men's 1st round was viewable in it's entirety on the combo of CBS, TNT or TBS.

The alternative of no competition was on full display with ESPN's coverage yesterday. A person living in the state [CT] the game was played - within 30 miles of the actual arena [Bpt] the games took place - with their home state #1 seed [UConn] in the tourney, was effectively blacked-out from seeing their team.

And we're not talking about professional sports "home black-out" rule due to Stadium/TV contractual agreements here, we're talking monopolistic ineptitude and omnipotence. Priceless!

Reaction Score
I don't know if I can take another day of Kara and Carolyn reminding me that BG is 7' 8" and a force at every station break. And Baylor didn't play yesterday. How bad will be today

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
At least there's competition to ESPN on the men's side. Every game of the men's 1st round was viewable in it's entirety on the combo of CBS, TNT or TBS.

The alternative of no competition was on full display with ESPN's coverage yesterday. A person living in the state [CT] the game was played - within 30 miles of the actual arena [Bpt] the games took place - with their home state #1 seed [UConn] in the tourney, was effectively blacked-out from seeing their team.

And we're not talking about professional sports "home black-out" rule due to Stadium/TV contractual agreements here, we're talking monopolistic ineptitude and omnipotence. Priceless!
Hey, if someone else wants to bid competitively against ESPN, we live in a market economy. As is, I'm happy all the games are available.

I have DirecTV because it provides the best and most comprehensive sports coverage. They came through again yesterday; UConn-PV A&M was available in its entirety. I also know that espn3 is a must for me a) because my kids bogart the tv, and b) for coverage of tennis, basketball, and the women's tourney. Thus, I selected Comcast as my ISP.

As a consumer, you can make decisions about what's important and necessary for you to be able to see. If you don't care about having access to ESPN3, you can't complain about not having it.

Some of the complaints on this thread are legit, but some of it has to do with people who don't make their tv and Internet provider decisions based on being able to watch the most sports possible. Everyone has different priorities and budgets- I get that. But if it's not your priority to have comprehensive sports coverage, you can't complain when you don't have comprehensive sports coverage.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
As a consumer, you can make decisions about what's important and necessary for you to be able to see. If you don't care about having access to ESPN3, you can't complain about not having it.

Some of the complaints on this thread are legit, but some of it has to do with people who don't make their tv and Internet provider decisions based on being able to watch the most sports possible. Everyone has different priorities and budgets- I get that. But if it's not your priority to have comprehensive sports coverage, you can't complain when you don't have comprehensive sports coverage.
Don't see where it's any of your business telling me what I can and can't complain about. And excuse me for being disappointed that I couldn't watch the UConn game living where I do in CT, subscribing to Cablevision and not having the foresight (you enjoy) to think I'd require ESPN3 and/or a switch of my service to Direct TV to see this one friggin' game...the only game all year it turns out I'd have needed it for.

I've lived through this BS in Manhattan before with TimeWarner and their contract feud with YES, ESPN3 and ESPNU up until approx. two years ago. I have other things to do besides playing musical chairs with cable providers and their screw-the-customer-first approach to contract negotiations. Hope you enjoyed the game.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
REP & ALEX--

I got home from a meeting in time to see the last 10 minutes of the game - but guess what? It wasn't on - having "whipped around" so that in Fairfield County we got to watch commercials and interviews among the brilliant trio at the ESPN head table. And the end of one of the other games.

Well, all I can say is that as far as I am concerned, it is CPTV or nothing.I really like having the public tv station supporting the women's basketball program. I know that has nothing to do with "March Madness" but I thought I'd just vent a little (since this thread seems to be tending to a "whip-around" thinking process).:)

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
I'm curious. Cablevision doesn't support ESPN3. How do you watch it?
Sorry for the delay in replying. My phone and internet access are ATT Uverse, so I get access to ESPN3.

Reaction Score
ESPN Full Court is awesome- $81 for the entire season and get to watch all of the tourney games...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lets see here....... the ACC headquarters are here in Greensboro..... Maryland is the ACC Champion... and they won the title here in Greensboro....... Maryland is playing now......... and yet.... they give us the UCONN game... Glad you guys are blowing them out.... they finally switched us to the MD game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom