ESPN sucks!!!!! | The Boneyard

ESPN sucks!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why in the hell would you show Trey, Carolyn, and Kara talking and then highlights when there is still 7mins to go in the UConn game??? Isn't the coverage of the NCAA Women's Tourney about actually letting people WATCH THE FRICKIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those of us not priviledged enough to be in CT on Sat. 3/17 should not have been subjected to highlights and bracket talk while LIVE GAME ACTION was still going on (and not 1 min of action, but SEVEN minutes)!!!!!!!! And not once did they cut to live action, all they did was show highlights of the UCONN game. SO PATHETIC AND SHAMEFUL. I am so furious right now that I don't want to watch another game that isn't UConn, just so that I don't contribute to their ratings. The producers of the NCAA Tourney should be disgusted with themselves. :mad:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It's ESPN the World Leader, didn't you know?

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
Why in the hell would you show Trey, Carolyn, and Kara talking and then highlights when there is still 7mins to go in the UConn game??? Isn't the coverage of the NCAA Women's Tourney about actually letting people WATCH THE FRICKIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those of us not priviledged enough to be in CT on Sat. 3/17 should not have been subjected to highlights and bracket talk while LIVE GAME ACTION was still going on (and not 1 min of action, but SEVEN minutes)!!!!!!!! And not once did they cut to live action, all they did was show highlights of the UCONN game. SO PATHETIC AND SHAMEFUL. I am so furious right now that I don't want to watch another game that isn't UConn, just so that I don't contribute to their ratings. The producers of the NCAA Tourney should be disgusted with themselves. :mad:

I think most people in CT did not get it either, except for about 5 mins. of live action. (I'm Cablevision in Stratford: Cablevision + ESPN = a deadly combination.) Had to watch on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Charter showed the whole game but another way they suck....

Keeping camera on PHS w/ "picture in picture" next to game in progress while talking about her diagnosis. Switched to men's game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
ESPN3 had it in its entirety, and DirecTV did as well.

Reaction Score
Had the whole game on Cox here in Manchester. And in HD too. That surprised me. Usually, they change the HD to another game.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I think most people in CT did not get it either, except for about 5 mins. of live action. (I'm Cablevision in Stratford: Cablevision + ESPN = a deadly combination.) Had to watch on ESPN3.

I'm curious. Cablevision doesn't support ESPN3. How do you watch it?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I agree that ESPN's coverage was abominable since the UConn game was treated like an also-ran. And I am getting awfully tired of Trey Wingo, Carolyn Peck and Kara Lawson's voices. Just would be nice to hear someone else for a change.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm curious. Cablevision doesn't support ESPN3. How do you watch it?

If you are watching from a tablet device or mobile phone (Particularly ipad or iphone) you need an App that gets ESPN3 with an active contract through your provider. But if you just have a fairly up to date Laptop or Desktop PC/MAC you can access the ESPN3 feeds directly through the ESPN site.

Reaction Score
If you are watching from a tablet device or mobile phone (Particularly ipad or iphone) you need an App that gets ESPN3 with an active contract through your provider. But if you just have a fairly up to date Laptop or Desktop PC/MAC you can access the ESPN3 feeds directly through the ESPN site.
I tried to access ESPN3 through the web site, but it wouldn't allow me to. Fortunately, my new best friend on the Boneyard clued me in to which DirectTV channel showed the game.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score

Thanks, that's very interesting. I'll check into that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have no idea why sitting in the heart of the ACC..... they are showing us TAMU vs Albany instead of the Miami game. :mad:

And no.... I dont have espn3

Reaction Score
I have no idea why sitting in the heart of the ACC..... they are showing us TAMU vs Albany instead of the Miami game. :mad:

And no.... I dont have espn3
Because ESPN has no clue how to program the games of INTEREST to each region. You would have thought we in CT would be seeing the DePaul game, or would have seen the Rutgers game.

Though, I have to say the TAMU vs. Albany game is quite entertaining.

Reaction Score
Maybe we will get the DePaul vs BYU game at the half. Oh, never mind. We will have to listen to the talking heads some more. Kara is okay. Peck and Wingnut? Not so much.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Because ESPN has no clue how to program the games of INTEREST to each region. You would have thought we in CT would be seeing the DePaul game, or would have seen the Rutgers game.

Though, I have to say the TAMU vs. Albany game is quite entertaining.

I'm in Fairfield County. We had the Rutgers/Gonzaga game on ESPN2.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I saw the game in its entirety, but then, I was at the arena.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Iowa State-GB has a lot of cute athletes, but the least amount of coverage.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
WTF is going on! :mad: I'm a Fairfield County Cablevision hostage. Had a prior engagement or would have had my butt in a seat in Bridgeport and have met some BYers.
  • Reviewed ESPN coverage/whip-around map...check.
  • Set DVR to record...check.
Return home to find a recording of the entire KSU/Princeton game followed by RU/Zags. ESPN offered approx. 5 minutes of UConn updates/peeks/teasers. Can anyone explain this BS and the lack of truth in advertising?

Reaction Score
I do not blame you all for being upset:mad: I was ready for our game on ESPN2 and figured they were showing the beginning of the Louisville/Gonzaga game till we started at 1:45 PM EST They stayed with that game UGHHHHHHHHHHHH Luckily I had my computer next to me and went to ESPN3 Thank God it was there in its entirety.We are in S NJ and thought we would be getting UCONN DUHHHH
Props***** to Bria,Stef,KML,Kelly.Glad that Kiah,Banks,and Heather got time!!
Nan do not agree with the Thread which involved Rebecca's comments regarding Kiah,what she has to do and what Geno expects! Your stopping the thread given this was Rebecca's comments in detail was IMHO,informative and positive!

Reaction Score
Get over it, the game was over at tip off!

Reaction Score
ESPN is truly unwatchable. They have such a high opinion of themselves.......why the hell do they feel they have continue to say "the former olympian and the coach" when they introduce Kara and Carolyn. Also Wingo is just winging it. It is no wonder ESPN can't broadcast any of the men's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom