ESPN Rumors on Calhoun Succession Plan (Insider) | The Boneyard

ESPN Rumors on Calhoun Succession Plan (Insider)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It says absolutely nothing.

Here's what you need to know about ESPN Insider's "rumors"....they're not, in fact, rumors. They're just blog posts that repackage the obvious in such a way that some guy who isn't a UConn fan can read it and thinks he's just gotten some inside tidbit.

Reaction Score
it basically says nothing. not even worth reading. Basically, nobody knows what's going to happen. Calhoun might get some input in his successor, but who knows how much. Manuel might want to weight other options. How attractive is UConn to an outsider? It was built by Calhoun and the program might be rebuilding when he leaves as well as a rebuilding conference. Useless.

Reaction Score
Matt Norlander may be the worst CBB writer in the country. And that's saying something. He just speculates on stuff he has absolutely no clue about.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Here's what you need to know about ESPN Insider's "rumors"....they're not, in fact, rumors. They're just blog posts that repackage the obvious in such a way that some guy who isn't a UConn fan can read it and thinks he's just gotten some inside tidbit.

Agree it is crap. They stated nothing we already didn't know.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Which thread/topic sucks more, this one or the Napier one?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Which thread/topic sucks more, this one or the Napier one?

ESPN insider just stinks.

The Napier thread just sucks but I knew better so it didn't bother me to much

Reaction Score
This article reminded me of the old Ren & Stimpy episode with the shiny, candy-like button. What will happen if someone presses it? "Could be something good. Could be something bad. We don't know."

No one is exactly sure when Calhoun will leave. It could be in 2 years or it could be sooner. No one knows exactly who will replace him or if Calhoun will be able to name his replacement. That's the gist of the article.

Reaction Score
ESPN insider is worthless. There is no such thing as secret information today. By the time somebody posts an article on ESPN insider, 500 other writers would tweet the information if its actually important.

Reaction Score
The article has no info at all. It says options are open and Calhoun will have a voice. Seriously, that is what it says.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

I agree to some extent.

In my experience, the NBA rumors section consists of analysis, blog spots, news articles, and true insiders with contacts in organizations. The CBB rumors section is more like what you described.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
ESPN insider is worthless. There is no such thing as secret information today. By the time somebody posts an article on ESPN insider, 500 other writers would tweet the information if its actually important.

I find ESPN Insider much more valuable for NBA analysis, articles, etc. than I do for college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom