ESPN Ranking of unbeaten teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Ranking of unbeaten teams

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd argue that ND's 2012-13 backcourt of Diggins, Loyd, and McBride was a better offensive backcourt than Mo and Kaleena. This is further backed up by their respective pro careers as all three ND players have had far superior pro careers to Mo and Kaleena.

The ND trio was very good, but I was thinking of a duo. Their pro careers were better, but they had no NCAA championships.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230308_195139_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Power ranking of top teams of all time. You can just remove the not unbeaten teams but, whatever.

Reaction Score
My list would be:
1. 2001-02 UCONN
2. 1997-98 Tennessee
3. 2008-09 UCONN
4. 2015-16 UCONN
5. 1994-95 UCONN
6. 2011-12 Baylor
7. 2013-14 UCONN
8. 2009-10 UCONN
9. 1985-86 Texas

I put Texas last because I have watched that game several times and, if not for Cheryl Miller's injuries and really poor refereeing, USC would have won the championship.

Reaction Score
What “better teams” did Stokes/Stewart/Dolson play against? I’d argue that women’s college basketball today is far more competitive now than it was a decade ago. And of course those three players have had more distinguished pro careers since this year’s SC players obviously haven’t gone pro yet.
The game gets better or at least deeper every season. The players coming out every year are more and more advanced and your seeing that translate on the floor by the upsets you see now in the tournament. I mean a 3 seed is playing for the NC against a 2 seed, when was the last time that happened in the women's game?

Reaction Score
They actually played defense by the rules.
I would challenge you to watch any SC game and count the number of times their bigs are fouled without a call, and how many times they foul without a call. You will find that they are fouled 2 to 3 times more than they get away with one. It is true in all of basketball and it is true of almost every team. If they called every foul there wouldn't be a post position.

Reaction Score
I'm impressed that UConn teams took 6 of the 9 spots. :D

I posted some of this team's stats in another thread, and yes, this team was insanely dominant"

"Bird, Cash, Jones, Williams, and Taurasi were on a mission after losing to ND in NCAA semis the prior season. In 2002, the MOV for regular, BET, NCAA, and total were 38, 39, 27, and 36. The lowest MOV was 9, and the highest was 69. We'll most likely never see that level of domination again."
Also impressed that UConn teams took six of the spots on this list. However, that and the fact UConn has won eleven national championships makes me wonder why ESPN reruns UConn tournament losses significantly more often than their wins. Last night’s semifinal was an excellent game. I wonder how often it will get replayed and if Clark’s play will lead the opening credits before all ESPN regular season games next season like Victoria Vivian’s and that ND player’s last second shots to beat UConn did.

Reaction Score
Also impressed that UConn teams took six of the spots on this list. However, that and the fact UConn has won eleven national championships makes me wonder why ESPN reruns UConn tournament losses significantly more often than their wins. Last night’s semifinal was an excellent game. I wonder how often it will get replayed and if Clark’s play will lead the opening credits before all ESPN regular season games next season like Victoria Vivian’s and that ND player’s last second shots to beat UConn did.
She’ll definitely be ESPN’s fave next year

Reaction Score
The game gets better or at least deeper every season. The players coming out every year are more and more advanced and your seeing that translate on the floor by the upsets you see now in the tournament. I mean a 3 seed is playing for the NC against a 2 seed, when was the last time that happened in the women's game?
Maybe the people seeding the tournaments are going by who they believe will draw the biggest crowds rather than who deserves it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
42 wins is impressive. I think it's a top-10 streak. But 111 is almost beyond comprehension. Many of us here think we left a championship on the table in 2017. We were possibly 1 clutch shot from 150 or so and another clutch shot from 180 or so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom