2. UConn
3. UK
4. Duke
5. 'Zona
6. Georgetown

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Georgetown may be a bit higher, and Duke ahead of UK. I can see UConn coming in from 2-5.

Reaction Score
Yeah Gtown has to be higher....

Iverson was a perennial all start, mutombo was on every defensive first team list and Zo was a regular at all star games..

Hibbert and Jeff Green are only coming into their own

Reaction Score
Their time frame (since 1989) works out pretty well for us, since 1989 was the year Cliff Robinson was drafted. We'd have a huge void before him.

UNC wins if you can start with Jordan/Worthy/Perkins. They may still be first, but it'll be a better fight. The post-1989 years have seen some Heel duds (Eric Montross, Sean May, Marvin Williams). They have a fair number of the Lawson/Felton/Ellington/Hansbrough types who are productive, but not elite.

Kentucky has a little void from 1989-1993 when Jamal Mashburn went. They were on probation in there, and none of the "Unforgettables" who lost to Duke made it after graduating in 1992. They have made up for lost time lately with heavy volume, though - even going back to the Delk/Walker/McCarty/Magloire years. And they got Rondo in their lean years, before becoming a Calipari factory. I think they'll be first.

Georgetown had a big void post-Iverson before the Hibbert/Green/Monroe years. Othella Harrington was in there after Iverson, but not much more. I'd put them five, with Arizona 6. Terry has had an impact, and Iguodala has been a better pro than expected, but some guys like Stoudemire, Bibby, Frye, Williams (so far) feel like they've underachieved.

Duke has greatly improved their rep, since the Ferry/Hurley/Laettner group were underachievers. Grant Hill started it off, and Boozer, Brand, Maggette, Dunleavy, Deng, etc. have all been productive. Now they get credit for Irving, who played nine games for them. I fear they may pass us, due to the underachievement by the 2006 and 2009 teams at the next level. We just have Rudy between our second and third titles.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had Georgetown higher until I looked over that chart in the linked blog. It's obviously not decisive, but they are markedly lower than most of the rest in a lot of the criteria they used.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Regardless, it is a great thing to even end up in the top ten of this list, let alone top six. It is awesome to be a UCONN Huskies fan!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/path-to-the-draft-2013

Below are the teams revealed thus far. What are your guesses at the order for the top 6?

Consensus top 6 are in no particular order: Uconn, UK, Zona, Unc, Duke, Gtown. Also stumbled across this blog which is a pretty cool supplemental to the series.

Looking at the supplement, I'm not sure why any kid who is within a shot of the NBA would go to any school outside of the top 10 never mind top 5. As a long time fan this is really unbelievable!

Reaction Score
I think Gtown has to be 5, so at the very least, we are in the Final Four. Pretty impressive, really - given where we were in 1989.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think Gtown has to be 5, so at the very least, we are in the Final Four. Pretty impressive, really - given where we were in 1989.

You never know. In the Arizona article they said the amount of superstars and Hall of Famers is taken quite heavily. They have Ewing, Mourning, Iverson, Mutombo, etc. Could easily be top 3.

Reaction Score
You never know. In the Arizona article they said the amount of superstars and Hall of Famers is taken quite heavily. They have Ewing, Mourning, Iverson, Mutombo, etc. Could easily be top 3.

Ewing was pre-1989 draft. If they went back to 1979, say, using the Bird-Magic game as a starting point, then we would have been knocked a few pegs backwards, due to the total void in those 10 years (other than a Corny cup of coffee with the Mavericks).

There's a chance that the 1989 starting spot bumps us over UNC - since they lose some premiere talent from that decade (Jordan, Worthy, Perkins - even Brad Daugherty). They still produced a lot of solid pros post-1989 though.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I will be surprised if UConn is ranked ahead of Georgetown, but we shall see.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ewing doesn't count. He was before 1989.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
where is syracuse on the list?
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/path-to-the-draft-2013

Below are the teams revealed thus far. What are your guesses at the order for the top 6?

Consensus top 6 are in no particular order: Uconn, UK, Zona, Unc, Duke, Gtown. Also stumbled across this blog which is a pretty cool supplemental to the series.

7. UCLA
8. Michigan
9. Wake Forest
10. Texas
11. Florida
12. Georgia Tech
13. UNLV
14. Kansas
15. Memphis
16. MSU
17. Alabama
18. OSU
19. LSU
20. Cuse

As they say, reading is fundamental.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Eamon Brennan is writing a lot of these. What are the odds the UConn entry has a reference to APR or some sort of shadiness? To a degree you wouldn't see in, say, a Syracuse post.

And no, I'm not suggesting a media conspiracy against UConn, but you come to expect these things.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Eamon Brennan is writing a lot of these. What are the odds the UConn entry has a reference to APR or some sort of shadiness? To a degree you wouldn't see in, say, a Syracuse post.

And no, I'm not suggesting a media conspiracy against UConn, but you come to expect these things.

High. That guy is a sorry excuse for a writer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

7. UCLA
8. Michigan
9. Wake Forest
10. Texas
11. Florida
12. Georgia Tech
13. UNLV
14. Kansas
15. Memphis
16. MSU
17. Alabama
18. OSU
19. LSU
20. Cuse

can someone who is-int banned please post this on the cuse board. they banned me after we beat them, didn't get to say a word. guess it was precautionary;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom