ESPN OTL: Call records link Arizona's Sean Miller, Creighton's Greg McDermott to Brian Bowen II's handler | The Boneyard

ESPN OTL: Call records link Arizona's Sean Miller, Creighton's Greg McDermott to Brian Bowen II's handler

Reaction Score
Interesting that this was tweeted out by Bilas:

>>An Outside the Lines analysis of Dawkins' cellphone records from May 3, 2017, to July 2, 2017, show there were at least 13 phone calls involving a cell number belonging to Miller and at least nine calls with McDermott's phone number. All but three of those calls were placed between May 8, 2017, and June 1, 2017, when Bowen II committed to the Cardinals. <<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When will people smarten up and learn to use pay phones? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The fact that Creighton is doing this should really tell folks something...

If players are getting paid to go there, they're getting paid to go to most places.
That isn't necessarily true. If any school, Creighton included, regularly gets recruits that are out of their league, they are probably cheating. All the crap about "hot young coach" or "hot co-eds" or "awesome weather" is all just that, crap. Hot co-eds didn't get Miller his blue chippers just like a crazy fan base and wildcat lounge didn't get Cal his. These guys recruited out of their league for years and I doubt Cal stopped when he finally won a chip.

Reaction Score
for what its worth, the University maintains that the FBI has not reached out to them in any way. That leads me to believe that there is nothing of substance on these recordings. Dawkins was an employee-handler of the same agency that worked with Justin Patton, and I believe he was trying to sell his services to Justin at one point.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fran Fraschilla said something interesting the other day - he said he never paid for a player, but that he had to deal with athese street agents all the time.

That’s probably very true, so I’d be a little cautious with stating with a certainty that dealing with one of these cats is a sure sign of guilt.

However, in the case of Bowen where the player was well and truly being sold auction-style, I would say that these multiple conversations are a bright, flashing neon warning light.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Fran Fraschilla said something interesting the other day - he said he never paid for a player, but that he had to deal with athese street agents all the time.

That’s probably very true, so I’d be a little cautious with stating with a certainty that dealing with one of these cats is a sure sign of guilt.

However, in the case of Bowen where the player was well and truly being sold auction-style, I would say that these multiple conversations are a bright, flashing neon warning light.

How many players parents did Fran help them get jobs? I doubt many top schools are actually handing over bags of cash but they are making sure the family or the player is compensated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom