ESPN No Mention of UCONN | The Boneyard

ESPN No Mention of UCONN

Reaction Score
On espn.com ( I don’t know how to paste) there is an article titled “What Women’s College Basketball Teams Have the Most to prove Heading into March?” UCONN isn’t mentioned. Have we proven ourselves (YES)? Or have we been forgotten?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
On espn.com ( I don’t know how to paste) there is an article titled “What Women’s College Basketball Teams Have the Most to prove Heading into March?” UCONN isn’t mentioned. Have we proven ourselves (YES)? Or have we been forgotten?
They're PO'd at UConn because next year they won't be able to televise any of UConn's games on ESPN+ and force the dedicated UConn fans to pay extra for it.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think they are just saying we don't have any games left by which to prove ourselves. We should win them all and if we do it does not prove anything. But if we should..... no, I won't even mention it.

Reaction Score
If they did, it is because they have written UCONN off as a contender. And as someone else points out, it may be petty politics because the TV coverage of UCONN will, largely, remain with SNY....a great boon for all of us. 18 games, I think.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The teams listed are the ones with serious questions left in regular and conference tournament play. Uconn just doesn't have those questions as they are strong favorites in all games they will play before the NCAAs and where they end up entering the NCAA is going to be determined by how other teams finish unless Uconn lays an egg.

Enjoyed the article as I don't focus that much on the middle of the pack in other conferences and it was interesting to see a compilations of interesting issues.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If they did, it is because they have written UCONN off as a contender. And as someone else points out, it may be petty politics because the TV coverage of UCONN will, largely, remain with SNY....a great boon for all of us. 18 games, I think.
Not really.

This was the actual question: "The Mountain West tournament tips off March 1, and many conference tournaments get underway shortly after. Give us a team with something to prove when Championship Week opens?"

In their responses, the panel mentioned Tennessee,
Texas A&M, Stanford and NC State. Clearly, not all of these teams are national title contenders.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

It's talking about what teams have something to prove and can do so in their conference tournament. UCONN can't really prove much by playing AAC opponents in the conference tourney.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's talking about what teams have something to prove and can do so in their conference tournament. UCONN can't really prove much by playing AAC opponents in the conference tourney.
its a fan thing to scour the Internet and find some sort of perceived slight towards their team. No fan base is immune, not even UConn fans.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
its a fan thing to scour the Internet and find some sort of perceived slight towards their team. no fan base is immune, not even UConn fans.

Wasn't trying to flame. Just explained why UCONN wasn't mentioned since I thought the OP misinterpreted the article.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They're PO'd at UConn because next year they won't be able to televise any of UConn's games on ESPN+ and force the dedicated UConn fans to pay extra for it.:rolleyes:
I'm kinda PO'd about that too. Probably not gonna be able to see all the UCONN games now.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
its a fan thing to scour the Internet and find some sort of perceived slight towards their team. no fan base is immune, not even UConn fans.
In this case of extreme paranoia, your choice of the word base, as in fan base, is ever so appropriate. Some fans just must be offended or their day has gone poorly. ;)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With ESPN, you need to take every article with a grain of salt, or several grains of salt and in some cases, half the salt shaker!

Reaction Score
ESPN - The graveyard for retired jocks. Their idea of criticism is to point out that he or she took five steps instead of three on a drive to the basket. Most of them fawn over each other so much it makes me uncomfortable.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

Wait, WHAT!!! You mean they all aren't out to get us? I've spent all this time reading and writing about the P5, the NCAA, the new transfer rule, bad refs, Tenn, ND, the AAC, the BE ad nauseum, for nothing?
IT'S ALL IN MY HEAD?
I must be paranoid or something.
:eek:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wasn't trying to flame. Just explained why UCONN wasn't mentioned since I thought the OP misinterpreted the article.
I didn’t think you were trying to flame. I was just making a wry observation

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I was scouring yesterday and found a slight against UNC-G (My Spartans) .... :mad: ... Thought about emailing ESPN about it......... but as I get older... I tend to forget things... :oops:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm kinda PO'd about that too. Probably not gonna be able to see all the UCONN games now.
Do you get FS1? Or Fox may stream it somehow - I’ve never looked

You need to move to Florida. I get the ACC network and SEC network as well as FS1, Fox Sun, Fox Florida, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, ESPN, the deuce, ESPN News, and ESPNU. There are other odd networks that pick up all kinds of b-ball games -JUCO, Div II, etc. i have the option to pay more for the PAC12 and B10 networks too.

Reaction Score
Someone is very likely to stream the games. There's going to be a lot of hype and interest in UConn next season. As long as advertisers and subscribers will pay there will be a way to watch.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Someone is very likely to stream the games. There's going to be a lot of hype and interest in UConn next season. As long as advertisers and subscribers will pay there will be a way to watch.
I $ would $ bet $$ that $ there$ will $$$ be $ ways $$ to $$$ watch $ UConn $$ games $ next $$$ year. $$$$

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom