ESPN negotiations | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I hope BeIN sports doesn't get EPL rights because of purely political reasons.

How can EPL, in good faith, sell their product to a channel owned by a corporation that televised beheadings of American and British hostages? Who cares if they bid highest?

Reaction Score

How can EPL, in good faith, sell their product to a channel owned by a corporation that televised beheadings of American and British hostages? Who cares if they bid highest?

Who cares if they bid the highest? You mean beyond those who will actually receive the extra cash?

Reaction Score

The Arabic billionaires have/are already buying up many of the EPL teams,, or sponsoring them, so no surprise Al Jazeera would pony up the dinar's or riyal's or whatever the currency of the day is to buy the broadcasting rights. I've got a problem with it too. Really hope ABC/ESPN, NBC, or Fox get the rights to continue broadcasting it here in the US.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Has anyone watched BeIn Sports for any other soccer leagues? I don't have it with COX but was curious what it was like. I found it ironic that Al Jazeera bought the rights to all the away USMNT World Cup qualifiers.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
BeIn does a really good job. Their spanish-language studio host is Ines Sainz. Which is great. Really great.

Really great.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Cool.....I hope COX adds the station sometime soon

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Who cares if they bid the highest? You mean beyond those who will actually receive the extra cash?

Those who are getting the extra cash are doing business with an entity that promoted the beheading of American and British civilians in the Middle East.

I like to hold out hope big business will eventually acquire a set of morals.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Has anyone watched BeIn Sports for any other soccer leagues? I don't have it with COX but was curious what it was like. I found it ironic that Al Jazeera bought the rights to all the away USMNT World Cup qualifiers.

BeIN Sports now has the rights to Serie A (the Italian League), which is the main reason that I have the DirecTV soccer package. The only problem is that they announce which games they will televise literally the night before, so I can't set up my DVR in advance. That's irritating, because I want to spend most of Saturday watching college football and Sunday watching all the soccer games.

Other than that little annoyance, the quality of the picture is good and the announcers are quality. I can't complain too much. Much better than GolTV, which I though had the HD quality of an "etch-a-sketch"...

Reaction Score
Then why does ESPN constantly put our game on national broadcasts?

Last 3 ACC games:
BC @ Miami -ABC
Miami @ BC -ABC
Clemson @ BC -ESPN2

Next announced ACC game:
BC @ FSU -ESPN2

Have you guys even had a home game on TV yet? Let me guess, it's all part of some massive conspiracy ESPN has against UConn.

Obviously in the end, it was not a good idea for BC football to actually be seen on TV. Less public viewing for a 1-5 trainwreck is preferable. And probably about 10 people in Boston actually tuned in.

Reaction Score
Just a side note to this...I really hope beInSports doesn't get the rights to EPL. I've really become addicted to watching soccer over the past year or so and I currently don't get that channel and I believe only Comcast carries the network on Cable. I'm hoping ESPN/Fox Soccer retain the rights. Unfortunately a lot of things are pointing towards BeIn getting the deal as they would own the rights to every major European Soccer League if they nab the EPL deal.
How did we end up here? Brings a whole new boring to "football"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc