ESPN needs to shake things up in the studio. | The Boneyard

ESPN needs to shake things up in the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Trey and Peck need to go. Stale in Trey's case and barely competent, or worse, in Peck's case. It's been too long and WCBB fans need new blood in the studio.

Is anyone else really, really tired of these two?

And now they are showing me Georgia. Ugh, not a good start today.

Reaction Score
They are making me miss Stacey Dales and Nancy Lieberman Cline which is really saying something!

I long for the days of Rockin Robin Roberts and Mimi (forgot her last name) and Sweet V Vera Jones.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Espn3 allowed me to skip the studio. UGA-Marist is more interesting to me than Cal-Iowa.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Trey and Peck need to go. Stale in Trey's case and barely competent, or worse, in Peck's case. It's been too long and WCBB fans need new blood in the studio.

Excuse me ....its Coach Peck.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
"Excuse me ....its Coach Peck."

That's exhibit 1 for why Trey needs to go. Peck was a great example of the Peter Principle in coaching.

Reaction Score
Blame it on her agent, not on Trey. It's surely in her contract that she be called that. Just like Joe DiMaggio always required he be called the greatest living ballplayer.

Reaction Score
What was wrong with Cindy Brunson? She did the in studio all season long and I liked her. I didn't see Wingo for any regular season games.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Excuse me ....its Coach Peck.

No, it's "National Championship Coach Peck."

I wonder what year of her contract Peck is in... did she do any calling this year? 'cause there's certainly a lot of new, young talent that ESPN's been moving into the p-by-p seats. Perhaps those are signs of changes to come.

That being said, I think Kara and Rebecca want her to stick around just to hear what latest malapropism she pops out.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
You can't blame it on her agent....She signs the contract.

So Lebron leaving Cleveland was his agent's fault?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
No, it's "National Championship Coach Peck."

I wonder what year of her contract Peck is in... did she do any calling this year? 'cause there's certainly a lot of new, young talent that ESPN's been moving into the p-by-p seats. Perhaps those are signs of changes to come.

That being said, I think Kara and Rebecca want her to stick around just to hear what latest malapropism she pops out.

Also, the look on Kara's face when Peck coughed and had to clear her throat before starting to answer Wingnut's first question--with Trey giving her a hard time about it--was priceless. Peck didn't handle Wingo's [lame] attempt at humor well at all, leading to an awkward on-set moment, and Kara's eyes seemed to be saying "Shouldn't you clear your throat, sip water, cough, etc., during break so that you're on point and ready to go when the cameras start to roll??" Kara wasn't laughing. More like staring.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Also, the look on Kara's face when Peck coughed and had to clear her throat before starting to answer Wingnut's first question--with Trey giving her a hard time about it--was priceless. Peck didn't handle Wingo's [lame] attempt at humor well at all, leading to an awkward on-set moment, and Kara's eyes seemed to be saying "Shouldn't you clear your throat, sip water, cough, etc., during break so that you're on point and ready to go when the cameras start to roll??" Kara wasn't laughing. More like staring.
Not surprising at all. Kara is a pro, and despite Peck's record of screw-ups, and Wingo's inability to handle such situations, she probably could not believe that was happening.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The ESPN anchor chair suffered a huge downgrade when Wingo took over from Chris Fowler. Kara is excellent, but that 3rd chair needs an urgent makeover. Bring in Becca. And if not Becca, my 2nd choice is Ros Gold-Onwude. Ros is smart, articulate, capable of spontaneous thought/speech [unlike a certain Nat'l Coach of the Year] and damn easy on the eyes! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I had the impression yesterday from Wingo that he considers his chair role for the womens' tourney as beneath him at this point. He did not seem engaged or happy or enthusiastic.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The ESPN anchor chair suffered a huge downgrade when Wingo took over from Chris Fowler.
Correction: I meant Rece Davis, not Chris Fowler. Can you go blind quoting yourself? :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Correction: I meant Rece Davis, not Chris Fowler. Can you go blind quoting yourself? :eek:

Agreed. About the first statement. No opinion on second ... but check your palms for hair growth tomorrow maybe.

Reaction Score
The ESPN anchor chair suffered a huge downgrade when Wingo took over from Chris Fowler. Kara is excellent, but that 3rd chair needs an urgent makeover. Bring in Becca. And if not Becca, my 2nd choice is Ros Gold-Onwude. Ros is smart, articulate, capable of spontaneous thought/speech [unlike a certain Nat'l Coach of the Year] and damn easy on the eyes! ;)

I like Rebecca more at games - she does a really good job there.

Wingo is terrible. Though I'm not sure Brunson is the answer.

Reaction Score

Wingo is terrible. Though I'm not sure Brunson is the answer.
Time to replace the Wingnut. His threads are worn out and stripped of any original commentary.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Can't argue with that point, Becca is excellent with in-game analysis. I wasn't kidding about Ros and it wasn't just because she's incredibly attractive. She speaks beautifully, thinks fast on her feet and would bring a vitality and contemporary presence to that stale 3rd position.

Reaction Score
You can't blame it on her agent....She signs the contract.

So Lebron leaving Cleveland was his agent's fault?

This is why I never post. Read the original post. He was blaming Trey, who I guarantee you has nothing to do with it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Probably the reason you never post is that your agent told you to hold out for more "Like" responses. I blame it on him\her.

Reaction Score
Agree Peck and Wingo need to go. Keep Kara. There are many young, talented women announcers out there, all of whom have played the game. Give them a shot in the studio!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I want Jay Bilas back, but that ain't happening.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
This is why I never post. Read the original post. He was blaming Trey, who I guarantee you has nothing to do with it.

This is what I was responding to....maybe its good you don't post.

Blame it on her agent, not on Trey. It's surely in her contract that she be called that. Just like Joe DiMaggio always required he be called the greatest living ballplayer.

This is wh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis