ESPN Names of Possible Replacements for Holly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Names of Possible Replacements for Holly

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is where I got Brenda's Salary From. How Maryland coaches stack up in The Diamondback’s latest salary guide

Frese will earn $523,657.23 this year, a $24,936.06 (or 5 percent) raise from the prior year. She leaped football head coach DJ Durkin, who’s the fourth-highest paid, and Athletic Director Kevin Anderson rounds out the top five in what’s definitely his last year on this list. Newly hired offensive coordinator Matt Canada comes in seventh.
Turgeon’s base is $574K. That’s probably the official university salary that taxpayers cover. But his total comp is $2.7M. The article says Turgeon and Durkin have additional sources of income. It doesn’t say that Brenda does, but of course she does. The market for someone with Brenda’s accomplishments and where she coaches is $1M+.

Reaction Score
Geno's buyout for 2019-2020 is 3.5M, His salary for 2019-2020 is 2.7M and he gets about 100K in fringe benefits. It's cost prohibitive for any school to go after Geno.
I think too often maybe, what Geno could have done with the talent on that last HOLLY team, or a few before that. Just think Geno winning 12 NC's at Pat's school?? Nutz, huh?
Walz, I think, has found a home. When you are making much more money than you need and you invested for you future money isn't always the goal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Another article with some potential hires, this one from the hometown, Knoxville paper:
Lady Vols hot board: Jeff Walz, Kellie Harper, Tina Langley among names to monitor

Breaks it down from "Swing for the Fences (Scott Rueck, Jeff Walz, Brenda Frese, etc.) to "Rising Talents" (Kellie Harper, Carolyn Kieger, Tina Langley) to Quality Veterans (Wes Moore, Katie Meier, Sue Semrau).

I didn't know that Tina Langley had deep south roots (Alabama native), which may or may count. On the flip side of that, Carolyn Kieger is a pistol who did a great job with her "positionless" seniors, all of whom scored over 1,000 points each in their careers under Kieger.

Stay tuned....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wish they could take Coach McCallie off of our hands. I'd chip in a few cases of cheerwine... 3 dozen donuts and 7 soulvakis.
I'd like to volunteer myself as candidate over all of these candidates. Sure they can coach and recruit far better than I. But can the do this?

Japan Wtf GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom