ESPN Names of Possible Replacements for Holly | The Boneyard

ESPN Names of Possible Replacements for Holly

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who will Tennessee hire to replace head coach Holly Warlick?

Brenda Frese would be an interesting choice. She has the Resume and if she took the Lady Vol job at Holly's salary level, it would be approx $175K raise and moving to Knoxville would result in lower cost of living expenses.

I doubt they hire Kellie Harper-Jolly despite her strong ties to the program She's barely above 500 Won/Loss record between her days at NC State and MIzz St.

Niele Ivey. No Head Coaching Experience, but I don't have any doubts she could turn the Lady Vol program around. She's recruiting coordinator for ND and coaches their guards.

Wes Moore has ties to Chattanooga and is well known within Tenn's Athletic Department. Not a hire that would garner Media Splash, but he would succeed.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score

Brenda Frese would be an interesting choice. She has the Resume and if she took the Lady Vol job at Holly's salary level, it would be approx $175K raise and moving to Knoxville would result in lower cost of living expenses.

I doubt they hire Kellie Harper-Jolly despite her strong ties to the program She's barely above 500 Won/Loss record between her days at NC State and MIzz St.

Niele Ivey. No Head Coaching Experience, but I don't have any doubts she could turn the Lady Vol program around. She's recruiting coordinator for ND and coaches their guards.

Wes Moore has ties to Chattanooga and is well known within Tenn's Athletic Department. Not a hire that would garner Media Splash, but he would succeed.

We are all enjoying this too much. No more Joking, it is time to Go Lightly on Holly

1553729239192.png

Reaction Score
Interesting list of names. Should be a fun process. Can't wait to see who they hire.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Wait! Brenda makes $1.19M and Holly made about $690K. If she took the job at Holly's salary level--which she wouldn't--that would be a $500K pay cut.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that Fulmer needs to make a bold decision if he wants to be successful on this. I don't know if he's a risk taker or not. Ivey would be a great choice, but it would mean going outside of the family.

Reaction Score
Why would Brenda Jeff or Vic leave their programs? They’ve built there programs from the ground up. They’re creating their own legacy not trying to continue Pat’s. Their all making one plus millions dollars a year and constantly getting top recruits. What does Tennessee have that they don’t?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Why would Brenda Jeff or Vic leave their programs? They’ve built there programs from the ground up. They’re creating their own legacy not trying to continue Pat’s. Their all making one plus millions dollars a year and constantly getting top recruits. What does Tennessee have that they don’t?
I tend to agree with you, though some might see Tennessee as the ultimate (available) program. They could see recruiting advantages there and a surer path to a national championship. I'm on the outside looking in and have my own opinions, but if I'm Vic, Brenda, or Jeff, I may use this to get a salary bump, but I stay put.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
UOTE="MilfordHusky, post: 3100199, member: 366"]I think that Fulmer needs to make a bold decision if he wants to be successful on this. I don't know if he's a risk taker or not. Ivey would be a great choice, but it would mean going outside of the family.[/QUOTE]

Already have a song to cover this. "The Holly then the Ivey."

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
This is where I got Brenda's Salary From. How Maryland coaches stack up in The Diamondback’s latest salary guide

Frese will earn $523,657.23 this year, a $24,936.06 (or 5 percent) raise from the prior year. She leaped football head coach DJ Durkin, who’s the fourth-highest paid, and Athletic Director Kevin Anderson rounds out the top five in what’s definitely his last year on this list. Newly hired offensive coordinator Matt Canada comes in seventh.

Wait! Brenda makes $1.19M and Holly made about $690K. If she took the job at Holly's salary level--which she wouldn't--that would be a $500K pay cut.

Reaction Score
The only advantage is Tennessee fills the stands pretty well compare to Maryland or MSST. Louisville has a great fan base.

Reaction Score
I think that Fulmer needs to make a bold decision if he wants to be successful on this. I don't know if he's a risk taker or not. Ivey would be a great choice, but it would mean going outside of the family.

He has to go outside of the family, staying with in it got him here. He like the UC AD in a few years must do a REAL search to select a proven winning coach and pay what it takes to get one. Geno has tried over the years to get outside assistants because he knows adding one from within he and his team learn nothing new.

Reaction Score
One way to get into a P5 conference. :D
Can he bring his team? Would they then be known as the Nutmeg Vols, or Tenneseeacuts? Seems like the only way for Geno to attract a top recruit or 2 above what has in the past few years or what the current future looks like.

Reaction Score
How much would it take to plug Geno from Uconn? :rolleyes:
Geno's buyout for 2019-2020 is 3.5M, His salary for 2019-2020 is 2.7M and he gets about 100K in fringe benefits. It's cost prohibitive for any school to go after Geno.

Reaction Score
This is where I got Brenda's Salary From. How Maryland coaches stack up in The Diamondback’s latest salary guide

Frese will earn $523,657.23 this year, a $24,936.06 (or 5 percent) raise from the prior year. She leaped football head coach DJ Durkin, who’s the fourth-highest paid, and Athletic Director Kevin Anderson rounds out the top five in what’s definitely his last year on this list. Newly hired offensive coordinator Matt Canada comes in seventh.
Need to factor in total $ from endorsements from both schools. Brenda 1.19 mil included everything. Did Hollies $670,000 include endorsements?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom