ESPN Lunardi and his Bias on Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN Lunardi and his Bias on Bracketology

Reaction Score
Even if I buy he current rational on why Purdue (from now on to be called Grow up) is still number one, he puts UNC and Kentucky in our region. Right now UNC is one of the five best teams in the country so why would the #2 overall seed get the best #2 seed and probably the best #3 seed in our region. I used to like Joey brackets but him and the whole ESPN operation has no credibility. When the most credible show you have on your network is hosted by Pat McAfee nothing left to say.
WHO CARES???? Doesnt' matter now, doesn't matter ever. People will find anything to get upset about. Including something that has no basis IN or bearing ON reality. My god

Poe

Reaction Score
I’m glad the days of looking to see if we were even in the bracket are behind us.

I’ll take the top overall seed vs. second, third or fourth one seed outrage any day.

Reaction Score
Even if I buy he current rational on why Purdue (from now on to be called Grow up) is still number one, he puts UNC and Kentucky in our region. Right now UNC is one of the five best teams in the country so why would the #2 overall seed get the best #2 seed and probably the best #3 seed in our region. I used to like Joey brackets but him and the whole ESPN operation has no credibility. When the most credible show you have on your network is hosted by Pat McAfee nothing left to say.
Meh! Youre getting too worked up over nothing. Well if they are the 2 and 3 seeds we`ll only have to play one of them so no worries. For the record i really couldnt care less whos in our bracket because with this team at full strength NOBODY SCARES ME. Like the meme says "we`re the ones who knock"

Reaction Score
These bracket writers don't give a darn whether they are right or wrong. Their first and last goal is to create internet traffic and putting teams in disadvantageous positions is the easiest way to rile up fan bases. They win when you react.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Lunardi got his job because he was the only guy doing it for a while and he was doing it as a labor of love. I don't begrudge him getting the ESPN gig but I don't take him particularly seriously either. It's an educated guess at a moment in time. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, this sure looks good to me:
Looks good to me too. Illinois as a four, and a two we've beaten already...

Reaction Score
These bracket writers don't give a darn whether they are right or wrong. Their first and last goal is to create internet traffic and putting teams in disadvantageous positions is the easiest way to rile up fan bases. They win when you react.
You don't even need to put any teams in any wrong spots. The fanbases will get upset and make threads like this (case in point) anyways. He's not worried about doing anything intentionally spicy for the traffic in January.

pj

Reaction Score
Lunardi got his job because he was the only guy doing it for a while and he was doing it as a labor of love. I don't begrudge him getting the ESPN gig but I don't take him particularly seriously either. It's an educated guess at a moment in time. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, this sure looks good to me:
View attachment 95372

These are tough 2 and 3 seeds, but UConn would never have to play both -- one will be knocked off. It's rather like last year's bracket where UCLA and Gonzaga were quality seeds on the other side of the bracket.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like playing UNC, not the least bit concerned about RJ Davis or Bascot or Herbert Davis. If memory serves me correctly, we already pounded them this year.

And UK is our lucky charm come dance time. Wildcat fans don't want to see us in their bracket

PS: Assuming we're healthy and at full strength of course. Otherwise I want to see UCF, Vandy and PC

Reaction Score
Why are we concerning ourselves with nicknaming a team we've played 3 times in history can we worry about our schedule the number 1 overall seed does not mater get brooklyn get boston see what happens
Purdonkulous

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Considering the global conspiracy with AP voters against UConn was brought down this week, it's only natural someone else finds themselves in the cross hairs of anti UConn Internet media.

Reaction Score
As long as we’re in the east it doesn’t really matter. Last year we got a bad draw with all the top Kenpom teams in our region but it didn’t matter.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking Houston and Kansas will eventually drop after getting beaten up in the Big 12 and UNC and Duke will replace them as 1 seeds. If so, double barrel 1-16 upsets would be a fitting end to the 23-24 ACC dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
Just for clarity, I am not worried about it in any way, shape or form. Clearly it is marketing material. Since it is rather easy to poke holes in his alleged theories on how he seeded teams. Yeah let’s put UConn, UNC and Kentucky in the same region. How ridiculous especially since it appears they are currently 3 of the 5 top teams in the country. I think both UNC and Kentucky are going to keep their high ranking because their conferences are not that strong so don’t know where the loses will come from. Just makes me wonder how these guys like Lunardi got their jobs.
Tennessee and Auburn could give Kentucky a loss…

Reaction Score
I'm sorry for not giving credit to who were tipped me off earlier, but 2 Quad 1 road wins for UConn to zero for Purdue mitigates the SoS argument to me.
I'll never understand Lunardi's arguments that it's much more impressive to win Quad 3 games than Quad 4 games. At the top level why does Purdue's 87-57 win over Morehead St count for more than UConn's 80-67 win over Georgetown?

It's just absurd.

Reaction Score
Want to see Clingan-Filipowski in semi's and Clingan-Edey in finals and Bueckers-VanLith in semi's and Bueckers-Clark in finals = 3rd dual championships.
Duke is severely flawed, might make sweet 16 if lucky

Reaction Score
He is picking Purdue as overall #1 versus us based on strength of schedule. I don’t really have a problem with it. He did say us and Purdue were clearly the two best teams in the country.
My question would be who told him that?

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I’m so sick of hearing about Purdue. I’d love to see them on a neutral court.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Tennessee and Auburn could give Kentucky a loss…
Yes agreed Tennessee is a very good team and Pearl is a very good coach. So Kentucky has a tougher road but I also think they have more upside than UNC.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Purdoody
Der poo
Purdoody
I’ve also called Purdue Purdon’t. It’s kinda catchy
All much better nicknames for the great team from the B1G than “Grow Up” . I find that interesting……wondering what the range is for another one of our favorite teams Duke…..Dook, Dookie and I know there are many other extremely mature handles that have been used to shuffle how their school name is pronounced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom