ESPN Hype Machine | The Boneyard

ESPN Hype Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN is in mid season from already....

These headlines are unreal "Kentucky Crushes Albany"...really? You're the #2 team in the country and you just beat a borderline D1 team by 13 points...not exactly crushing

"Simmons stars as LSU cruises to easy win"...yeah he was the star, the 3rd leading scorer on his team for the night with a HUGE 11 points. The "easy win" was by 11 against McNese State.

What would our headline have been if we'd won by less than 15? "UConn stumbles in home opener, likely to miss post season again"

Reaction Score
Yes ESPN is in full hype mode but you are vastly underrating Albany.

They have the best backcourt in the Ameican East and have the possible player of hte year in Hooley. They have been to the NCAA tourney the past 3 years (won their conference tourney) and are looking for a 4th straight to close out Hooley's college career. They return 4 starters from a team that went 24-9 (15-1) last year while missing Hooley for a month from January to Feb as he went to be with his mother who was dying from colon cancer.

Cashed my bet on Albany +21 tonight. Took the experienced team with great guard play. They werent going to be intimidated by Kentucky having been in the tourney the past 3 years.

Reaction Score
Just saw the exact same Simmons transition passing highlights twice in the last 5 minutes

Reaction Score
SportsCenter was also riding Skal Labissierre as if he were incredible tonight. Ivan Rabb had 14 puts and 13 boards in his first game, better than any other freshman big man and I haven't heard 1 thing about him on ESPN.

Reaction Score
I get your point, but the last thing we need now is tons of hype. Lay low. Get the three point shooting together.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Simmons dunked uncontested on a three-on-one break and ESPN sent out a news alert to the mobile app.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
ESPN rides the narrative machine hard with every sport, but they're the worst with college basketball.

Reaction Score
It this stuff bothers people after the first game, many will be on HBP meds by February. I'm luvin the lack of hype/publicity we get. I saw something developing last night, and with no pressure except from Coach (and that's all they need).

If we get the same hype our one and done numbers would multiply, whether our players are ready or not.

Just saying I'm cool with this, or at least not bothered. However it is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom