ESPN has spoken about who they think will win tonight. | The Boneyard

ESPN has spoken about who they think will win tonight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
42FB93D9-3BD9-46FF-A046-5D846E8B12B5.jpeg

Alexa! Say it ain’t so!

Oh well, someone’s gotta put this on the locker room bulletin board.

Reaction Score

From Las Vegas bet:

2022 Women’s Final Four Odds: South Carolina Favored Over Louisville, Spread Flips Between Connecticut & Stanford.

Stanford vs. Connecticut Betting Odds
Stanford Odds-1.5
Connecticut Odds+1.5
Over/Under128.5
Time9:30 p.m. ET
TVESPN
Odds via BetMGM.
This spread has flipped from UConn as a 1.5-point favorite to a 1.5-point underdog, which is an unfamiliar place for Geno Auriemma’s team, but the bets and handle are split. Just over 50% of bets are on the Cardinal while 57% of dollars are on the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Another one,

2022 NCAA Women’s Championship odds ahead of Final Four​

South Carolina -150 (Pre-tournament +160)
UConn +200 (Pre-tournament +350)
Stanford +400 (Pre-tournament +500)
Louisville +800 (Pre-tournament +1500)

Reaction Score
Ask me who I think will win, UConn or Stanford, and I'll say UConn. Ask me who will win, UConn or Stanford, and I have to bet my house on it, I'll go with Stanford. UConn is deservedly an underdog although not by much. Either winning or losing would not be a huge shock. It would be, for me at least, if either team won by 20. A worthy final four match up.

Reaction Score
We know what all the experts are predicting. We also know what the computer models are predicting. What I do know is UConn does not have to be the best team in the tournament to win. We only have to be the better team tonight against Stanford. That is not an unsurmountable job. I am hoping for a UConn win.

Reaction Score
I think UConn beats Stanford. Now that the Huskies are healthy, I'd say they have the tools to beat them.

Stanford, as good as they are, don't have a point guard. Jones/Hull have played the position out of necessity and been terrific but neither are PB (to be honest though no one else is either).

Stanford can match UConn's depth to some degree but if Brink winds up on the bench with foul problems then I think the Huskies pull this out.

Reaction Score
If Azzi and CW have big games, we win. They don't and Dorka will remember this day as the time she made the BDL-MSP round trip in one day. Paige will be the focus of defenses going forward which means our other two scorers will have opportunities and will need to capitalize on them. It would be nice to think Aaliyah and Liv could contribute more than 7-8-9 points, but that's just not their game.

Reaction Score
Considering what UConn has gone through this year, I doubt anyone out there really have a grasp on what this team can do, they know they lost 5 games but beyond that I'm not sure. The safe pick, for most, is to go with Stanford. I personally like the underdog role UConn has been put in. Let the game begin!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Nobody thought UConn would win the first time they played at the Final Four in Minneapolis either. And at the end of the first half, the prognosticators were all patting themselves on the back. 20 minutes later it was a different story. UConn should not have won that game – especially with Rebecca in foul trouble. But they did. They had heart. Stanford has confidence and polish and a superior attitude. UConn has heart. With two skilled teams, my money is on heart. So is my heart.

Reaction Score
I think UConn beats Stanford. Now that the Huskies are healthy, I'd say they have the tools to beat them.

Stanford, as good as they are, don't have a point guard. Jones/Hull have played the position out of necessity and been terrific but neither are PB (to be honest though no one else is either).

Stanford can match UConn's depth to some degree but if Brink winds up on the bench with foul problems then I think the Huskies pull this out.
Liv is equal to or better than Brink right now. She should win that match up tonight considering where she’s been and where she is and what this game means. I think we need to stop Lexie Hull and Haley Jones. They have a lot of other good players but not at the point in their careers where they can impact the game so much that they carry their team to a win. Also Paige I think knows that this is the time for her to take over wcbb and put her stamp on it letting everyone else know that while she’s at Connecticut the title goes through her. Honestly, not because Geno is undefeated in title games but I think if we win tonight, we win the title. I think we beat the other two teams.

Reaction Score
Nobody thought UConn would win the first time they played at the Final Four in Minneapolis either. And at the end of the first half, the prognosticators were all patting themselves on the back. 20 minutes later it was a different story. UConn should not have won that game – especially with Rebecca in foul trouble. But they did. They had heart. Stanford has confidence and polish and a superior attitude. UConn has heart. With two skilled teams, my money is on heart. So is my heart.

I remember that game. Everybody picked Stanford and I mean everybody, despite the fact that UConn was undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation. UConn then proceeded to give Stanford an old fashioned *** kicking. It was Kara Wolters' coming out party, she was just so dominant after Lobo got in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Not surprising for ESPN... just one more thing that will inspire the Huskies. Several of the ESPN talking heads have been downplaying UCONN all year... most never expected them to make it to the E8... and surely not to the Final 4. Huskies are on a mission...to silence the critics and complete the win...

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Stanford is a great team, playing very well. UConn is a very good time and have not reached anything close to their ceiling. I like the trend for UConn. It will be a stern test for sure. Last year the Cardinal had the tough road, but no one has had to face what the huskies did this year. UConn by a handful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom