ESPN has spoken about who they think will win tonight. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN has spoken about who they think will win tonight.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely true. As soon as Dorka was no longer available to play, the line moved 2 points. I get it, but just happy that my moneyline bet will have a higher return when the Huskies prevail. Glad I waited.
I am not sure I understand what this means. It was obvious she wouldn’t be available to play for the rest of the season as soon as the injury occurred. Did the line move as soon as it was ‘officially announced’? (Sorry I don’t follow betting lines too much)

Reaction Score
Once again, the Huskies are a man down :(
My apologies, that was in no way to slight Dorka. I saw her break her wrist and felt terrible for her. However, a healthy PB and Fudd bring quite a bit to the team.

Reaction Score
Humorous but true. Mechelle Voepel’s predictions don’t carry much weight with me. Last year she made it very clear that UConn was going to lose to Baylor in the elite eight. After UConn won I sent her an email to make sure she knew she was wrrrrrrr. Let me try that again. She was wrrrrrr. I never got a response.

My apologies to the Fonz.

Reaction Score
None of the ESPN experts dare pick UConn to win either in the SF or if they get through, in the championship game. Part of their reason? The loss of Dorka.

I wonder what they will be saying when UConn ends up cutting down the nets on Sunday? And see Azzi smiling ear to ear (and Christyn, too) because the opponents decided to focus on Paige.....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup. We are definitely direly doomed!! All them experts can't be wrong!

Reaction Score
I think UConn beats Stanford. Now that the Huskies are healthy, I'd say they have the tools to beat them.

Stanford, as good as they are, don't have a point guard. Jones/Hull have played the position out of necessity and been terrific but neither are PB (to be honest though no one else is either).

Stanford can match UConn's depth to some degree but if Brink winds up on the bench with foul problems then I think the Huskies pull this out.
guess you don't watch the games, Dorka is out for the season.

Reaction Score
IMO, ESPN is missing a great opportunity by not putting the Final Four on the ABC channel...if they really want to grow the game.

Reaction Score
I am not sure I understand what this means. It was obvious she wouldn’t be available to play for the rest of the season as soon as the injury occurred. Did the line move as soon as it was ‘officially announced’? (Sorry I don’t follow betting lines too much)
Yes

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Just like weather men... you do not need to be accurate of actually know anything... you just say whatever you want.... I hope they all took note that UCONN has now knocked off two #1's....
and a number 2 which happened to be an awesome game :)

Reaction Score
Where was McNutt last night? She wasn't on the halftime show, but I did see her post game on Sportscenter I think.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Where was McNutt last night? She wasn't on the halftime show, but I did see her post game on Sportscenter I think.
She picked Standford by a "little bit". FWIW, 3 of the 4 panelists on "Around the Horn" pocked UConn. Only the 'Basketball expert Ramona Shelbourne went Stanford.

and Shea said if get past Stanford, we will win.

Reaction Score
Because ESPN is an hour away from Storrs, they get accused (sometimes correctly, particularly in past years) of being "homers". As parity has increased in the past decade it is almost as if they want to over-compensate now for the past, and find any possible reason to criticize or slight UConn. I guess that's what happens when you're king of the mountain.

On a related note, ESPN can suck an egg as far as I'm concerned. Ever since then contorted themselves into a political network with an agenda, ran off or fired their most marketable talent, and scrapped the very shows/formats that made them #1 I stopped watching unless it's absolutely necessary. The ONLY good remaining show is PTI.

Reaction Score
Stanford hasn’t lost since they lost to SC the week of Christmas. Not that it means anything but just FYI.
Well now Stanford does lose after the week of Christmas, and lost to UConn...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is the rare "sports journalist" who cites or admits his or her own errors, so no ESPN SJ is going to pick UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom