ESPN "Experts" make their picks | The Boneyard

ESPN "Experts" make their picks

Reaction Score
I think that releasing the brackets ahead of the scheduled show on ESPN, it was a slap in the face to WCBB. The whole idea of having the bracket release show is supposed to be "Where is my team, and who is in our bracket?", and "What is our path to the final four?". By releasing the brackets 2 hours ahead of the scheduled show, they made the entire show irrelevant.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I think that releasing the brackets ahead of the scheduled show on ESPN, it was a slap in the face to WCBB. The whole idea of having the bracket release show is supposed to be "Where is my team, and who is in our bracket?", and "What is our path to the final four?". By releasing the brackets 2 hours ahead of the scheduled show, they made the entire show irrelevant.

They had to since the brackets were mistakenly shown on ESPNU too early and were all over the internet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac plays South Dakota in the first round in Syracuse. The Bobcats vs the Jackrabbits. Go Bobcats.
They could be a real interesting game. Hope they show it around here.

Reaction Score
Graham has us beating the Ducks in the title game. I'll take that!

All are surprised that UConn was a 2 seed and pick Louisville as the first 1 seed to lose.

All are surprised that UConn was a 2 seed and pick Louisville as the first 1 seed to lose.

I would have liked them telling us which game they thought Louisville would be eliminated?

Reaction Score

It sukked.

I like watching the girls go nuts right after they're picked to go to the Big Dance.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I am surprised that the three experts picked UConn to make the Final Four. I presume they're picking Louisville to lose to UConn in the Elite 8 game as they all predicted Louisville to be the first #1 seed to lose. Along those lines two have Oregon in the Final Four, which means Miss St is also going to lose before the Final Four. I think Oregon has the size to beat Miss St if they're hitting their shots.

Reaction Score
Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake. The first person who can stand up and say he/she never made a mistake-stand up for lying
The only people really hurt was the ESPN people. The big "reveal" wasn't so big. It changed nothing The bracket were as they were.
Few teams are ever really surprised.
The number 2 of UConn was fair, maybe accurate. We complain about the Vols even getting in--supposedly on their NAME, Uconn is Uconn while ranked Number 2 --we fan know we are and shall remain No. 1

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I am surprised that the three experts picked UConn to make the Final Four. I presume they're picking Louisville to lose to UConn in the Elite 8 game as they all predicted Louisville to be the first #1 seed to lose. Along those lines two have Oregon in the Final Four, which means Miss St is also going to lose before the Final Four. I think Oregon has the size to beat Miss St if they're hitting their shots.
There is no ambiguity about the fact that all three "experts" are expecting UConn to beat Louisville (or Louisville to lose before that, perhaps to Oregon State), since they all predict UConn being in the Final Four.

What I find mysterious is that if UConn is the top #2 seed, does that imply that Louisville is the bottom #1 seed? (Maybe not, since the G -- for Geography -- trumps the S.) If Louisville were the bottom #1 seed, then you would expect the winner of the Albany region to face the overall #1 (Baylor) in the National Semifinal. But the bracket shows instead that the Albany winner will meet the Chicago winner. That seems to suggest that Louisville is indeed #3 overall, and is matched up with #5 overall (UConn) because of geography.

It does appear that for UConn to win NC #12, they will probably have to beat exactly the same three teams that they have already faced in their OOC schedule: Louisville, ND, and Baylor. As we all know, they were 1-2 against these teams in the regular season.

Reaction Score
First No. 1 seed to lose
Creme: Louisville
Hays: Louisville
Voepel: Louisville

Love Geno's favorite waiter, Jeff Waltz, but afraid Louisville will be served up first.

Reaction Score
My take: MSST will play UConn in the NC game. MSST has a superb interior game (McCowan and Howard), the transition game (Jazz and Jo), decent outside game (AEH and Bree), and the best defense amoung the contenders. I think MSST will win the NC.

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac plays South Dakota State in the first round in Syracuse. The Bobcats vs the Jackrabbits. Go Bobcats.
Should be very interesting

Tall order for Q on paper, but Q plays the kind of D that might throw SDSU off. Limit possessions and limit Miller and they have a shot here. Mid Major ratings are #1 SDSU vs #7 Q - on paper.

Go Jen Aryn Paula

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Always interesting when a pairing like that occurs. Limits the potential of mid majors taking out P5 teams if you make them eliminate each other.

Reaction Score
My take: MSST will play UConn in the NC game. MSST has a superb interior game (McCowan and Howard), the transition game (Jazz and Jo), decent outside game (AEH and Bree), and the best defense amoung the contenders. I think MSST will win the NC.
Baylor has pretty good damn defense too!! It’ll be cool to see cox and brown vs McCowan and Howard!

Reaction Score
Baylor has pretty good damn defense too!! It’ll be cool to see cox and brown vs McCowan and Howard!
Yes, that is a matchup I would love to see. If it happens I believe the winner of that game will be the National Champions.

Reaction Score
Yes, that is a matchup I would love to see. If it happens I believe the winner of that game will be the National Champions.
For sure! May the best team win! So ready for the tournament to begin

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom