ESPN Doing Top 10 BE Players | The Boneyard

ESPN Doing Top 10 BE Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
On SC right now they announced numbers 6-10 and so far UConn has two players listed, Ray Allen at 6 and Rip at 9. I bet there's another UConn player in the Top 5 (Kemba??). Funny how UConn is the one being left behind yet they might have the most memorable players (according to this list)

Reaction Score
Emeka, Rip, Ray Allen and Kemba woud be the 4 from UConn
Ewing, Mourning and Iverson from G'town
Pearl Washington and Carmelo from Cuse
Chris Mullin from St. John's

DONE

Reaction Score
Maybe Walter Berry and Derrick Coleman too. Although Kerry Kittles was a high scorer, I wouldn't put him in the same league with the other 12.

Reaction Score
Surprised Rip isn't higher. He was 2 time player of the year, his team won the big east tournament twice and the big east regular season twice.

Edit: Did anyone happen to catch the entire list?

Reaction Score
Ewing was #1, Derrick Coleman 2,

3 thru 5 were Pearl, Iverson and Mullin. Can't remember the exact order.

Reaction Score
Carmelo in the top 10 for one season is a joke & a marketing gimmick... they must be taking his pro career & the olympics into account? and I don't want to here the championship arguement either. He definitely was the man but he had a very good team that year too no Danny Manning one-man show...Hakim Warwick is still playing in the league.

BE BBall history is too strong for any one & doner to be top 10 period. No diss to Melo but I would rate Khalid El-Amin ahead of him maybe even players like Lawrence Moten, Terry Dehere, Kerry Kittles, Duan Blair, Alonzo Mourning, Eric Murdock, Ben Gordon, Donyell, etc. just because they put excellent YEARS in the BE.

Reaction Score
Kemba > Melo. Kemba won a Big East title and NCAA title. Funny thing was he didn't even win BEPOY in 2011.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It all depends on how they look at it as well. Was it best Big East player in college or best Big East player including NBA career? In the end, it was a dumb ESPN thing

Reaction Score
If Carmelo Anthony is on there for his one year then Donyell should be on there. His junior year might have been better than any one year anyone ever put up in the Big East. He also wasn't too shabby as a sophomore and freshman.

Was Kemba on there? Where's Ben Hansbrough? :)

Reaction Score
Yea...I mean UConn is pretty clearly the most successful program in the history of the Big East. Tied w/GTown for tourney titles, tied with Syracuse for most regular season titles, and 3 times as many national titles as anyone else. I think UConn should have the most players on that list.

Reaction Score
Impossible list to make, BC had a couple of real good players, Bagley and I can't think of the other. They should have just picked 20 and called it a day. Nova had Kittles, we had Emeka, Kemba, Ben and others.

Was Ernie D, PC's best player? Kid could throw some passes I'll say that. Not sure about Seton Hall and Pittsburgh and the other teams not represented.

As for Cuse; JC would have won 10 titles with their roster back in those days.

Actually thinking about this is depressing. As a huge BE fan its now history and nothing more.

Reaction Score
Impossible list to make, BC had a couple of real good players, Bagley and I can't think of the other. They should have just picked 20 and called it a day. Nova had Kittles, we had Emeka, Kemba, Ben and others.

Was Ernie D, PC's best player? Kid could throw some passes I'll say that. Not sure about Seton Hall and Pittsburgh and the other teams not represented.

As for Cuse; JC would have won 10 titles with their roster back in those days.

Actually thinking about this is depressing. As a huge BE fan its now history and nothing more.

Danya Abrams from BC...Dehere from SHU (finished as BE all-time leading scorer at the time)...Blair from Pitt...Michael Smith from Prov (Finished as BE all-time leading rebounder).

Reaction Score
On SC right now they announced numbers 6-10 and so far UConn has two players listed, Ray Allen at 6 and Rip at 9. I bet there's another UConn player in the Top 5 (Kemba??). Funny how UConn is the one being left behind yet they might have the most memorable players (according to this list)

What was the complete Top 10?

Reaction Score
I have to apologize to everyone.

Those were my top 10.

I have no idea who ESPN's were. I was just surprised at Derrick Coleman.

caw

Reaction Score
Ray Allen
Allen Iverson
Kerry Kittles
John Wallace
Austin Croshere...
Oops that was the start of my 1996 top ten. God there were some sick players in the BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom