ESPN: BREAKING NEWS: BRADLEY CHOSE TO GIVE UP HIS SCHOLARSHIP | The Boneyard

ESPN: BREAKING NEWS: BRADLEY CHOSE TO GIVE UP HIS SCHOLARSHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good, maybe they'll start to clear the air on some of the negative misconceptions they've willfully perpetuated about UConn.
ESPN is just probably starting to figure out they're going to need as much access as possible to the elite CBB programs now that the NBA lockout might go deep into next year. Expect many fluff pieces.

Reaction Score
ESPN can suck it. They are getting heat for breaking up the BE so now they have to throw a few olive branches to teams like UCONN. Hey ESPN!- they are not olive branches- they are band aids on an ax wound- they do nothing and you still have a lot more explaining to do as time goes by- they are going to pay for what they did at some point. I hope the entire staff gets herpes from the dook players they so worship.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
"Calhoun described Drummond as a special player, who at 275 pounds runs the floor like a point guard, can post up and shoot from the outside."

No matter how many times I read things like this I still get overwhelmed by how much of an impact this kid could have as a freshman.

Reaction Score
"Calhoun described Drummond as a special player, who at 275 pounds runs the floor like a point guard, can post up and shoot from the outside."

No matter how many times I read things like this I still get overwhelmed by how much of an impact this kid could have as a freshman.

I don't think he'll be doing too much shooting from the outside once the games start.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can shoot from the outside. Enosch Wolfe can shoot from the outside. Everyone can shoot from the outside.

It doesn't mean any of us actually should shoot from the outside.

Once the games start, any shot Drummond takes where he is not within his wingspan of the basket will resulting in a violent Calhouning.

Reaction Score
Regarding this part of the article,

Bradley said he is receiving several grants and other financial aid this year but acknowledges it will be financially challenging for him without the scholarship money

Where did Bradley acknowledge it will be financial challenging for him, or did they just imply that because of his background?

Reaction Score
I saw another article that said Bradley's aid would cover most, if not all the tuition. Again, without quotes so who knows what is true.

Regarding this part of the article,

Bradley said he is receiving several grants and other financial aid this year but acknowledges it will be financially challenging for him without the scholarship money

Where did Bradley acknowledge it will be financial challenging for him, or did they just imply that because of his background?

Reaction Score
I saw another article that said Bradley's aid would cover most, if not all the tuition. Again, without quotes so who knows what is true.

Yea that was from the Courant article posted yesterday, but Amore did include quotes:

Bradley, who will be an economics major, said that there is enough aid, federal and otherwise, that any out-of-pocket costs "won't be vvery much, if at all." He was elible for financial aid because he grew up under foster care.

Reaction Score
Thanks, even better, which makes what you posted even more strange

Reaction Score
This is how it’s going down (my speculation since they are friends)…Bradley pays for school this year. Drummond plays one year, goes to the NBA, signs his contract and reimburses Bradley when his school loans kick in.

Reaction Score
The crowd at Gampel needs to absolutely nuts when they announce Bradley at First Night tomorrow. Standing ovation.

Reaction Score
This is how it’s going down (my speculation since they are friends)…Bradley pays for school this year. Drummond plays one year, goes to the NBA, signs his contract and reimburses Bradley when his school loans kick in.

That's been my assumption as well. And isn't Bradley considering business now? Would it surprise anyone to see him as one of Andre's managers?

Reaction Score
Yea that was from the Courant article posted yesterday, but Amore did include quotes:

Bradley, who will be an economics major, said that there is enough aid, federal and otherwise, that any out-of-pocket costs "won't be vvery much, if at all." He was elible for financial aid because he grew up under foster care.

No more pharmacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger