ESPN article - UCONN done chasing other conferences for realignment | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ESPN article - UCONN done chasing other conferences for realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JP, thank you for your encouragement. I am glad you and some others are able to see the big picture, and I probably will stay, but I will be very careful about what topics I post on. You were clearly spot on with your first post about the ambiance of this board.

As for "agreeing with me or not" that is trivial. No one in the world agrees with me on everything, and life would be boring if everyone did. I like spirited discussion and disagreement. I am just unsure about how much disagreement will be tolerated here. I am also posting on other boards, College fans only and Rebkell.

Just a few topics to avoid on this board. Put even the slightest blame on Geno or UCONN for the end of the UCONN/TENN series and then call Kelly Faris a slacker. I look forward to your future posts.

Reaction Score
I think you'll find that people have more problem with your hubris and delivery than they do with your opinion. Whether you intend it or not, this reads "we are obviously correct, and all those who disagree are ignoramuses destined to one day have their eyes forcibly opened to 'reality' as I (we) see it. Fools."

Apparently not everyone sees my posts that way. I tend to back up my arguments with facts, and if that gives the impression that I think I am right, well, I do. I can, but prefer not to, argue a position that I do NOT agree with.

Reaction Score
Just a few topics to avoid on this board. Put even the slightest blame on Geno or UCONN for the end of the UCONN/TENN series and then call Kelly Faris a slacker. I look forward to your future posts.

LOL, thanks for the advice!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Apparently not everyone sees my posts that way. I tend to back up my arguments with facts, and if that gives the impression that I think I am right, well, I do. I can, but prefer not to, argue a position that I do NOT agree with.

Hmm. It appears you present straw man arguments (couched in 'fact') more often than not. Ultimately, facts do not matter in such cases.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
If Duke and some of the Tobacco Road Basketball schools broke off of the ACC and formed their own conference, then I would really like the ACC.

Ahh, at long last: light is cast.

What is about those schools that makes you see them the way you do?

Wally East

Reaction Score
Pretty sure both Nova and Rutgers have done so.

And possibly once by someone like Seton Hall. Fuzzy memory of something like that.

And Providence and BC and ...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Please read what I said. I said that every year except the last one UConn won either the BE regular season title or the BE Tournament or both.

There was also Miami in both '92 and '93. You may say that's too old, but since you did bring up Cincinnati Bearcat titles from the '50s and '60s, these are certainly fair game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Air pollution, revolution, gun control,
Sound of soul
Shootin' rockets to the moon
Kids growin' up too soon
Politicians say more taxes will
Solve everything
And the band played on
So round 'n' round 'n' round we go
Where the world's headed, nobody knows
Just a Ball of Confusion
Oh yea, that's what the world is today

Wally East

Reaction Score
Please read what I said. I said that every year except the last one UConn won either the BE regular season title or the BE Tournament or both.

You said, "This is especially ironic since we just left the Big East where outside of Notre Dame, not a single team had ever stopped UConn from winning the Season BE championship, or the BE Tourney, or both."

So, teams you forgot include: Providence, Villanova, BC, Miami, and Rutgers (and that's just going from the first time UConn won a Big East title). Those are teams that stopped UConn from winning the Big East regular season title, the conference tournament, or both.

Reaction Score
You said, "This is especially ironic since we just left the Big East where outside of Notre Dame, not a single team had ever stopped UConn from winning the Season BE championship, or the BE Tourney, or both."

So, teams you forgot include: Providence, Villanova, BC, Miami, and Rutgers (and that's just going from the first time UConn won a Big East title). Those are teams that stopped UConn from winning the Big East regular season title, the conference tournament, or both.

Hello! Every year except one we won the Season BE Championship, the Tourney BE Championship or both.

Wally East

Reaction Score
Hello! Every year except one we won the Season BE Championship, the Tourney BE Championship or both.

Hello! "Every" year? Really? Want to take another crack at it?

Additionally, what you just wrote is not what you wrote originally.

Reaction Score
Hello! "Every" year? Really? Want to take another crack at it?

Additionally, what you just wrote is not what you wrote originally.

Oh brother! As Bill Clinton would say, "I guess that depends upon what the word "or" means."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Oh brother! As Bill Clinton would say, "I guess that depends upon what the word "or" means."
You did say "outside of Notre Dame, not a single team had ever stopped UConn from winning the Season BE championship, or the BE Tourney, or both".

I guess you mean since Geno was there? Or since UConn won their first? Since 1995?

Since I don't know, I'll guess 1994-5, when UConn started to dominate.

They didn't win the regular season title in 2004-5 and 2005-6. And as you said, 2011-12 and 2012-13 when ND won.

They didn't win the tourney in 2002-3, 2003-4 and 2006-7. And again ND in 2012-13.

"outside of Notre Dame, not a single team had ever stopped UConn from winning the Season BE championship, or the BE Tourney, or both"

I don't think your statement is factual. There were 5 times UConn didn't win either the tourney or regular season other than ND the last two years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
nice%20fail%20thread.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads