ESPN announers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN announers

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It also made me cringe when they said that UConn and Texas are very much similar programs. Maybe I'm wrong, but...no....no we're not.

then he called this an 8/9 match-up in the dance

and what is similar between our two programs?

conference titles? national championships? post season records?

since we have the most titles in the last 17 years and we played in a BCS Bowl, I guess he may think our football program is similar to Bama's :confused:

Reaction Score
One thing i did find interesting was that they harped on how dead the crowd was there. I think they compared it to a museum. Even when Texas made several comebacks to get game to within point or take an abbreviated lead place was far from shaking and the Erwin center is huge.

Big win on the road and seems even bigger since Uconn seems to especially struggle in their first true road game of the year.

Reaction Score
I'll take Fran Fraschilla over 95% of the announcers out there. Just wait till we get to the heat of the AAC season you'll be begging for him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I win the award. I'm proud to say that Fran has blocked me on Twitter.

He was talking smack about UConn two seasons ago. I replied. I can't remember what I posted exactly, but had something to do with his coaching career

Probably the same time as me. The year we won it all, when we lost at Houston he made some obnoxious comment about UConn. Not even just bashing the program for the bad loss; I specifically remember this being douchey and trolling. So I had some choice words for him and was blocked pretty much immediately.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Probably the same time as me. The year we won it all, when we lost at Houston he made some obnoxious comment about UConn. Not even just bashing the program for the bad loss; I specifically remember this being douchey and trolling. So I had some choice words for him and was blocked pretty much immediately.

I remember that quote - after the loss he tweeted out, 'Welcome to Conference USA'. I threw it back in his face after we destroyed Houston at home and he was mildly conciliatory.

I don't blame him for that as much as I blame his employer - who was still showing clips of that Houston loss right after we won the NC. Dude's just following the company line...

Reaction Score
From my list of Top Peeves of Color Analysts:
I counted "The 40 Acres" 3 times from FF last night.
FF referring to Michigan St. as 'Sparty'. Stop it! That's football only and only their fans should be allowed to say it.
They all do it now and most do it poorly - disingenuously pimping a player in a game clip as they're moving to a commercial.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is I bet TX fans didn't like it either. It's actually crazy frustrating to listen to announcers blindly fawn over your team while they're losing.

I'll gladly take the W with no accolades in December.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That was one of the closest, yet quietest games I've ever watched. You could hear a pin drop in that arena those fans suck.

Reaction Score
It may be my UConn bias, but I almost felt like they were a bit disappointed Texas lost. FF didn't even want to comment on the game afterwards... And that similar program ish was nonsense, just like we are also a "top 40ish" team, the game would have been better on mute.

Didn't bother me at all, because I did have the game on mute.

Reaction Score
horrible announcing. Expose on Ridley, what about brimah? Taylor this Taylor that. All Texas commentary...

Worst one of night : these programs are very similar. ??? Was that a joke?
If you listen to the announcers but are in another room you would think someone changed the channel to one of those pay per view channels. All the talk of penetration, going deep, look at his moves, he is going all the way, etc. Sounds so dirty

Reaction Score
Maybe it's because I'm a braves fan but I love Jon Sciambi. Of course having to listen to Harry Caray's moronic grandson will make you love anyone that's not him.

Reaction Score
WhereistheDove? said:
Maybe it's because I'm a braves fan but I love Jon Sciambi.

Is it me or has he tripled in size over the last few years?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Whenever they showed the play by play guy, I thought of this....

I'm not doing the research to find out his real name.

syndrome%5B1%5D.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll take Doris over either of those two clowns.

I've actually grown to like her announcing

It's true, I hate her voice since its so constant and deep and depressing, but at least she can be bothered to learn a few things to not screw up

Another great clueless bit during the game I enjoyed was after Mack hit maybe his 3rd 3-pointer, Fran said that Ollie was like shouting at his coaches saying "why didn't anybody warn me about this guy!?", while Ollie probably met the kid a few times as we were on him pretty long if I'm not mistaken. Might be splitting hairs and an announcer can't be aware of all of those little connections, but still... its annoying to listen in and know this guy is getting paid a likely obscene amount of money to just sit there and talk and know next to nothing about the specific teams he's talking about, aside from that great thing Smart did with his rookies about their rookie experience, that was a truly enlightening story

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Listening to JC during the Maryland game yesterday vs. Fran F during the UConn game Tuesday night reaffirms the fact that JC was a success as a coach and Fran was a complete failure.
HoF vs the JV team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32