ESPN announers | The Boneyard

ESPN announers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that 'shelton gibbs' was insane. are you kidding me, isn't this your job insider?

Reaction Score
I don't mind the TX biased commentating in the slightest. Love when Uconn is under the radar, both in the media and commentating. Feel like that's when they play their best and come out of no where to shut people up and grab the attention when it matters.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't think it was a major problem. Ridley's injury was more recent, and he's been a better player than Brimah this year.
Historically, the programs are not even close. But I'd argue, recruiting, NBA production, coaching and performance this year are pretty similar.
Either way, embrace the underdog. We seem to always perform better.

Reaction Score
horrible announcing.
Worst one of night : these programs are very similar. ??? Was that a joke?
Yeah, that was a bit of a reach on a purely basketball program accomplishment level....however if someone want's to say UCONN is a mirror of TX on a general sports & overall perception level ok by me;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Franny is an idiot, he makes up basketball expressions that don't exist

"we call that proper hand motion development" (everyone else calls it spin)

"we call it rapid change of pace technique", everyone else simply calls it quickness

PTP baby

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

"we call it rapid change of pace technique", everyone else simply calls it quickness

PTP baby

I call that "why Fran Fraschila isn't coaching anymore."

Reaction Score
ESPN does have a deal with the Longhorn Network. Someone has to announce those games.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
It may be my UConn bias, but I almost felt like they were a bit disappointed Texas lost. FF didn't even want to comment on the game afterwards... And that similar program ish was nonsense, just like we are also a "top 40ish" team, the game would have been better on mute.

Reaction Score
I hardly ever notice the announcers, but they were something special tonight.

With around 5 minutes left in the game, they spent two full possessions talking about some exercise Shaka did with the freshmen during orientation. It was absolutely incredible.

Reaction Score
I hardly ever notice the announcers, but they were something special tonight.

With around 5 minutes left in the game, they spent two full possessions talking about some exercise Shaka did with the freshmen during orientation. It was absolutely incredible.

Exactly, and there was some great passing going on, Jalen Adams with a beautiful catch and reverse layup.

Reaction Score

PTP baby
haha great post. fran is the new vitale holy crap

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Morons.
These toads have less brains than lizards.
The two of them went on about UConn one and dones for most of the first half.
In their Jurassic brainwaves they somehow equated a Cornell graduate with a one and done Kentucky player who failed basket weaving 101.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

PTP baby
Fran obvious has spent years perfecting proper hand development under the covers in his dorm room.

Reaction Score
Definitely noticed that Texas was the P5 big dog while Uconn seemed to get the G5 wee little dog treatment....

A couple more wins and the talking heads will take note. Thought this was one of the first games against a strong opponent the team looked cohesive. Miller and Gibbs played aggressive, Hamilton got a little selfish, and purvis drained a huge 3.

Reaction Score
Anybody else notice Fran corrected himself by saying something like "Connecticut, excuse me, UConn". I just thought that was funny

Reaction Score
I couldn't stand the constant "Ollie needs more of that from his players _______ insert anything (rebounding, drives to hoop, shooting)...

Reaction Score
I have a hard time getting upset about the announcers when they repeatedly trashed the Longhorn fans and even called their arena a library.

I came to the realization a year or so ago- if it's not Bilas on the game the announcers are worthless. And even he can go off the deep end with his pay the player shtick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom