ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sorry folks, but I've forgotten what time of day tomorrow the announcement will be made. Can anybody refresh me (on this).

Reaction Score
Sorry folks, but I've forgotten what time of day tomorrow the announcement will be made. Can anybody refresh me (on this).
Gus, with all the discussion, I can see how the dates/times can be lost... or are you joking?? :rolleyes:

I believe the way it's played out is that Boston is expected to make her announcement from home in the Islands on Nov 21st, and Jones has delayed her's until Nov 28th (although she is going to sign her LOI and have it notarized before the end of the early signing period just not announce and send it till Nov 28th)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gus, with all the discussion, I can see how the dates/times can be lost... or are you joking?? :rolleyes:

I believe the way it's played out is that Boston is expected to make her announcement from home in the Islands on Nov 21st, and Jones has delayed her's until Nov 28th (although she is going to sign her LOI and have it notarized before the end of the early signing period just not announce and send it till Nov 28th)
PA, thanks. I wasn't joking. I couldn't remember and didn't want to sift through post after post.

And I just now see where she's delayed the announcement till the 28th (before writing this).

Thanks again.

Reaction Score
Not that it means anything but in Haley’s Instagram story tonight she mentions her announcement being postponed till 11/28. The best part...she’s wearing a UConn hat :)

She is? I've watched the video and you can not see any writing whatsoever on her hat.

Reaction Score
She is? I've watched the video and you can not see any writing whatsoever on her hat.
It could have been, but it certainly wasn’t clear. We’ll all have to wait for some certainty on this one.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was, but then she deleted and changed it so you couldn’t see that hat. It was very clear at first!
Do you think maybe Haley is having some fun leaving this trail of breadcrumbs for WBB fans? :cool:

Reaction Score
Do you think maybe Haley is having some fun leaving this trail of breadcrumbs for WBB fans? :cool:

No, I think she made the original impromptu video not realizing she was wearing a UConn hat, then realized that some would think that the hat she was wearing was some kind of clue as to where she is committing and then made a new video.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This has probably been asked already, so I apologize if it is a duplicate.
The early signing period ends before she is going to make her announcement, so I am assuming that her LOI will be safely in the hands of the appropriate people. Has any other major HS player made their announcement after the end of the early signing period (or planned to) and the choice was leaked beforehand.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No, I think she made the original impromptu video not realizing she was wearing a UConn hat, then realized that some would think that the hat she was wearing was some kind of clue as to where she is committing and then made a new video.
Didn't think anyone would take my post seriously.....;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Every time she posts something.!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Losing Bueckers would hurt but I believe most Boneyard devotees would be satisfied if Boston, Jones and Fudd wind up wearing UConn finery, especially if the absence of Bueckers is tempered somewhat by the signing of Van Lith, next year.
You are very optimistic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This has probably been asked already, so I apologize if it is a duplicate.
The early signing period ends before she is going to make her announcement, so I am assuming that her LOI will be safely in the hands of the appropriate people. Has any other major HS player made their announcement after the end of the early signing period (or planned to) and the choice was leaked beforehand.
Haley will sign no later than November 21 and have the LOI notarized. She has up to 2 weeks from the end of the early signing period to submit her LOI to the chosen university. The university needs to submit it to the NCAA by December 5. It's not clear whether she will inform the schools on Nov. 21 or Nov. 28.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Actually, I don't think so. Haley seems to be a serious young woman. If grown adults (like me) are trying to read the tea leaves, it's our problem, not hers.

One thing Haley may not fully comprehend, though contact from the Horde must have given her an indication, is how passionate HuskyNation is.

Reaction Score
Still think she is Stanford bound. These fires may be her Charli Collier home is where the heart is moment.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Haley will sign no later than November 21 and have the LOI notarized. She has up to 2 weeks from the end of the early signing period to submit her LOI to the chosen university. The university needs to submit it to the NCAA by December 5. It's not clear whether she will inform the schools on Nov. 21 or Nov. 28.
Ah. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
Not the same situation. CC originally committed to Texas then decomitted then committed to
UCONN only to decommit and sign with Texas. CC father had recently passed away during that time so decided to stay close to home. I believe Haley already knew where she wanted to go to school before the fires. California has had fires in the past, earthquakes, mudslides etc... nothing like this but I don’t believe it will decide her decision if anything it could be a reverse impact and have her come east. I believe she will go to a school that is in her heart not because of a sad situation that she had absolutely no control
of. I’m sure her family is going to support her where she wants to go and not let anything get in the way of her dream she has worked so hard to achieve.. just my opinion

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not the same situation. CC originally committed to Texas then decomitted then committed to
UCONN only to decommit and sign with Texas. CC father had recently passed away during that time so decided to stay close to home. I believe Haley already knew where she wanted to go to school before the fires. California has had fires in the past, earthquakes, mudslides etc... nothing like this but I don’t believe it will decide her decision if anything it could be a reverse impact and have her come east. I believe she will go to a school that is in her heart not because of a sad situation that she had absolutely no control
of. I’m sure her family is going to support her where she wants to go and not let anything get in the way of her dream she has worked so hard to achieve.. just my opinion
I agree with your points about Haley Jones, but would point out that Charli Collier committed to UConn after her father passed away and subsequently decommitted after the hurricane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom