Conferences

AAC: 3
SEC: 3
B1G: 2
ACC: 1
B12: 1

The Pac12 was shut out.

Reaction Score
We might have 3 1st team AA come March?...............This UCONN team will be very exciting to watch come March...............

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Pac12 shutout not a surprise. East Coast bias to ESPN - at least they're consistent. I've lived on both coasts and it is astounding.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Pac12 shutout not a surprise. East Coast bias to ESPN - at least they're consistent. I've lived on both coasts and it is astounding.

In fairness...Rachel Banham, Nina Davis, and Sam Logic are hardly "east coast" players. I'm willing to believe that reality has an east coast bias on this one.

Reaction Score
Who in the PAC12 should be a preseason AA?

Reaction Score
Who in the PAC12 should be a preseason AA?

The two best possibilities are either of the colors. Gray or Orrange. But who would you take out of the top 10 ? Walker ?

Reaction Score
It is a down year in WCBB when ESPN selects Nina Davis as a 1st team AA. There's no way.

Reaction Score
You know it is possible to talk about basketball without every comment being about TN fans and UCONN. ;)

Nina Davis is not an AA. ESPN needs to find people who actually know WCBB. That's my point.
I completelyyyyyy agree with your first paragraph but your 2nd one, not so much!

Even though Ms. Davis was a freshman, the girl was almost automatic from the field last year. Based on last year Im not surprised at all that they are including her in a PRE-season All-American poll...the young lady can play to be such an undersized post!

Reaction Score
AnotherVol----even if you think she is AA worthy, FIRST team?!! LOL Come on now....:p

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
AnotherVol----even if you think she is AA worthy, FIRST team?!! LOL Come on now....:p

Let's compare her FRESHMAN stats to Harrison's JUNIOR stats. Now make your case for Harrison being on the first team and Davis not. If Harrison ends up on the 1st team will will TRULY know what a down year it is.

You may need to trade in your orange glasses for another color.

Points Per Game
  • Davis 15.0
  • Harrison 13.6
Rebounds Per Game
  • Davis 8.9
  • Harrison 9.3
Field Goal %
  • Davis 59.5
  • Harrison 57.7
Free Throw %
  • Davis 68.5
  • Harrison 66.9
Steals
  • Davis 57
  • Harrison 33
Assists
  • Davis 45
  • Harrison 35
Blocks
  • Davis 14
  • Harrison 36

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First of all, I did not say Harrison should have made it over Davis. Right? Don't make up words. Regardless of those stats, she is not a better player than Courtney Walker, Jefferson, or Welch. As for Harrison, she would eat Davis alive. And if Mulkey had not chickened out and canceled the TN series after Griner graduated, we would have seen that last year. :)

Let's compare her FRESHMAN stats to Harrison's JUNIOR stats. Now make your case for Harrison being on the first team and Davis not. If Harrison ends up on the 1st team will will TRULY know what a down year it is.

You may need to trade in your orange glasses for another color.

Points Per Game
  • Davis 15.0
  • Harrison 13.6
Rebounds Per Game
  • Davis 8.9
  • Harrison 9.3
Field Goal %
  • Davis 59.5
  • Harrison 57.7
Free Throw %
  • Davis 68.5
  • Harrison 66.9
Steals
  • Davis 57
  • Harrison 33
Assists
  • Davis 45
  • Harrison 35
Blocks
  • Davis 14
  • Harrison 36

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
First of all, I did not say Harrison should have made it over Davis. Right? Don't make up words. Regardless of those stats, she is not a better player than Courtney Walker, Jefferson, or Welch. As for Harrison, she would eat Davis alive. And if Mulkey had not chickened out and canceled the TN series after Griner graduated, we would have seen that last year.

Right....you go with that. Whatever makes you feel better.

But I do agree that Walker should be on the second team...replacing Harrison.

Reaction Score
I've seen Nina Davis play in person and on TV. She is amazingly good, almost great. Her rebounding at her size or for any size is just out of this world. She is deserving!
It is a down year in WCBB when ESPN selects Nina Davis as a 1st team AA. There's no way.

Reaction Score
Right....you go with that. Whatever makes you feel better.

But I do agree that Walker should be on the second team...replacing Harrison.

As per my earlier post, I already had Walker on the second team.
You know, after 6 of the last 8 posts, I had to check to see what forum I was on. Please continue.

Reaction Score
If we are comparing just the two, Davis made first team pre season AA over Harrison because while their stats are very similar, Davis' were accomplished as a Freshman and they're probably expecting more of a jump this year for Davis.
Note: Harrison recorded her stats playing only 23 minutes a game last year which was 6th most on her team. This could be explained by Harrison leading the Lady Vols in fouls committed. If she could manage to cut down significantly on her fouls,
first team AA would be a real possibility. If not, the Lady Vols will be fortunate if they could replicate last seasons's accomplishments.

Reaction Score
Nina Davis killed us on the boards last year. She is impressive.
That's my recollection...not a physically imposing player, but smart, agile and with excellent instincts around the basket...she was a load against an interior that laid opponents low in the FF...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know it is possible to talk about basketball without every comment being about TN fans and UCONN. ;)

Nina Davis is not an AA. ESPN needs to find people who actually know WCBB. That's my point.
But I just can't resist tweaking some of the delusional Tennessee fans who live on the Summitt...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
rvwsleep said:
As per my earlier post, I already had Walker on the second team.
You know, after 6 of the last 8 posts, I had to check to see what forum I was on. Please continue.

It helps if you mutter "UConn women's basketball on the boneyard" under your breath as you read through some of these threads artfully and innocently entitled something that would be applicable to UConn basketball...

( blue colored glasses in the wrong light just makes it difficult to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom