ESPN AA Team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN AA Team

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Really? Comparing Brink and Stewie on the same level is true fantasy.
I mean, she's the only other college player besides Stewie to have 100 blocks and 100 assists in a season. Their games are fairly similar, they're both excellent inside out passers, and they can both hit from the top of the key. While I agree that Stewie is the GOAT, and Brink is not yet in her league (of 1), the similarities in their games and builds will make for some fun matchups.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It seems to me that the media, and anyone who votes for these awards don't know much about all the players, their game, and the circumstances of what their role is on a team. On the other hand, WNBA coaches know everything about the player, how they play, and what else they can do besides the scoring and rebounding. Cheryl Reeves of the Lynx knows the value of any player coming out of UConn, and if Aaliyah is still there when it is their time to pick, I have no doubt that she will pick Aaliyah. Pheesa, Dorka, Crystal, were not top 5 picks, but they became starters under Reeves. Other coaches and GMs at that level know the value of a UConn player, so I know that Aaliyah will be picked higher than some of the more visible players in the college game this year, but she will also outperform most of them at the pro level.

Reaction Score
Stewie will go down as the greatest of all-time. She has Championships behind her at all levels. No one else can compete with that...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stewie will go down as the greatest of all-time. She has Championships behind her at all levels. No one else can compete with that...
The GOAT discussion here on the BY has raged for many years, and while Stewie is certainly one Husky deserving of that moniker, it’s not necessarily clear cut. As for winning at “all levels,” the same could be said about DT and Maya, both of whom won national championships on teams that were not as talented as the 4 that Stewie played on….and while she has yet to play on a national championship team, Paige will be in that discussion as well.

Reaction Score
The GOAT discussion here on the BY has raged for many years, and while Stewie is certainly one Husky deserving of that moniker, it’s not necessarily clear cut. As for winning at “all levels,” the same could be said about DT and Maya, both of whom won national championships on teams that were not as talented as the 4 that Stewie played on….and while she has yet to play on a national championship team, Paige will be in that discussion as well.
No, not to the degree of Stewart...she is the greatest of all time. Paige will not be talked about the same as Stewie. If I were building an all-time team, I would start with Stewart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom