Eric Cobb Comparison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eric Cobb Comparison

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I was very happy and surprised at the effort and results he produced during the two games at MSG I don't know how many Cuse fans asked me about him
These comparatives are rather comical - Jeff A? not close by any means, Hilton? in his best dreams maybe Eric H
If he continues to play with the conviction he showed he will be earning money in some place next year

Reaction Score
If Cobb was a sophomore, I’d crap myself. He has beautiful touch and skill for a big of any age. I’d like to see the season play out before predicting his future. He’s shown flashes of ball handling and offensive tools that are NBA worthy for sure. The issue is that he’s been out of shape and largely uncoached and underdeveloped all through college. Sadly, he’s way behind where he should be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jesus, I read that as “Eric Cobb Suspension” at first and was like wtf?

Reaction Score
How about Ed Nelson as a comparison? They have similar body types and both had impressive two-game streaks early in their senior seasons.

Early in the 05-16 season, Nelson had a 2-game span against New Hampshire and Morehead State where he scored 29 points, 18 rebounds in 35 minutes. Over his last two games, Cobb has had 29 points and 20 rebounds in 51 minutes, against better competition.

To be honest, I had ZERO expectations for Cobb coming into this season, but he's been very good. I don't know if this rate of success will sustain, but he's been a huge surprise.

Our next big test is against Arizona and he will be needed against guys like Jeter and Luther. I'm just glad it's this early in the season and I am counting on him to be big in that game. Already got my tickets for it! :)

Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong was a top 15 draft pick...let’s not do this.
And 6’11” I think a premier shot blocker and elite rebounder. Cobb is anything but uncle hilti! A passing small center/forward that is grounded. I would say he was more likely like ed Nelson or a poor mans Corliss Williamson

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom