Eric Ayala - A unique talent facing a unique decision | The Boneyard

Eric Ayala - A unique talent facing a unique decision

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Ig it wouldnt hurt. But Cuse would probably edge us out and piss everyone off again

Right. I don't know the scholly situation for Cuse, I assume they have room left. Still likely he stays in 2017. Personally, I don't see the point.

Reaction Score
Right. I don't know the scholly situation for Cuse, I assume they have room left. Still likely he stays in 2017. Personally, I don't see the point.

As best I can tell, they have 3 scholarships left (sounds familiar) and are in a wreck regarding guard play -- Washington at point (0 depth) & Battle at SG (0 depth). They can probably offer him 30+ minutes a game and keys to program if Battle goes pro next year, which I don't think UConn can do with Gilbert/Adams/Vital already here.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
As best I can tell, they have 3 scholarships left (sounds familiar) and are in a wreck regarding guard play -- Washington at point (0 depth) & Battle at SG (0 depth). They can probably offer him 30+ minutes a game and keys to program if Battle goes pro next year, which I don't think UConn can do with Gilbert/Adams/Vital already here.

Good points there. Depends on if he is ready or not, I guess. Still, if he DOES say he's going 2017, UConn has got to try. We know how "fluid" things are by now in terms of recruiting.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of his game. He'd be best available body at this point. You don't build a program that way. You survive that way. If we're in survival mode, I'd say take him. He's not a long term solution.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of his game. He'd be best available body at this point. You don't build a program that way. You survive that way. If we're in survival mode, I'd say take him. He's not a long term solution.

I agree with you but I think you're understating the talent of this kid.

Reaction Score
Indiana Hoosiers Basketball recruiting target Eric Ayala is a unique talent with a unique decision

I know the consensus is that Cuse is all over this guy, but if he decides to go 2017, it makes sense for the Huskies to make one more push. Thoughts?
I don't see him going to Cuse. I think he'd only go 2017 if a bigger name comes calling, otherwise he'll stay 2018 and try to get more offers. Cuse has Frank Howard penciled in as starting PG but is trying to get Geno Thorpe from USF as a grad transfer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've heard that 2018 is more likely than 2017 - I think it's a little like Shabazz where he had some work to do after the semester to finish up early.

But either way, it's not something that involves UConn.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
But either way, it's not something that involves UConn.

That's something that's been a little too much of lately. :(

Reaction Score
Ayala is overrated and not worth a scholarship at the guard spot. He is a junkyard type of player and that's not what we need as a shooting guard.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you've demonstrated a great eye for talent over the past couple of years.

I was right about Gibbs not being a point guard and Adams being the point guard to lead the team. Gibbs I said was valuable as a spot up shooter not as the leader of the team. That's when UCONN started to gel and got better.

I was right about Purvis unfortunately.

PS: Ayala is an average talent nothing special. He is not the answer at the wing spot. He is nowhere near what we need.

PS: Superjohn I would take Trace Young no problem on the team. You can never have enough elite athletes who are 6'7-6-8 with a smooth game and basketball IQ. We needed Sid Wilson more for solidifying Brewster and New England recruiting for 2018 and beyond not because he's a Hami type player.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom