EPL starts today. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

EPL starts today.

Reaction Score
Supposedly they had Ramsey secured. But I guess his people went shopping around after they got what they wanted from Arsenal to see if they could do better. I love Ramsey, one of my favorite players, but I'm kinda glad Arsenal is playing "hard ball", instead of all those years of being nice (Diaby, Walcott, etc.).

Do I want to lose Ramsey and Ozil? No, but they obviously cannot play together in Emery's system. If they both go, at least it will give us plenty of money to get someone in here who really wants to be at Arsenal.

Give props to Ramsey though, he seems to be giving 100% while he's here and fighting for Arsenal even though he may be leaving soon. Real professional there.

The Daily Star is also reporting that Emery wants to clear-out room for the 2019/20 season for young kids like Nelson (on loan to Hoffenheim this season) to move into the starting XI. In eitehr case, I agree that Ramsey has been class act with his play this season even with all of this hanging over his head.

Arsenal boss Unai Emery BLOCKS contract talks for Ramsey and Welbeck: Reason revealed

Reaction Score
Chelsea looked good today. Almost outs Spurs in a must win situation today

Reaction Score
Arsenal is still in 5th place behind Chelsea on point differential. Glad they muscled through a hunkered Hunddersfield in a yellow card match. Torreira is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm an EPL guy all day long. But after the Man City-Crystal Palace game, can anybody blame me? The far inferior team won on the road against the champs while their one star player had little to do with it. A guy who only scores a few goals a year had a potential goal of the year. I never saw it coming, a great watch.

Reaction Score
Just got back from my morning walk with my dog and turned on the TV to watch my Gunners, should have taken a longer walk :( Emery does not yet have 'his' team put together yet and the injuries to the back line leave the team very vulnerable against a quality team. Arsenal is good enough to fight for a 3 to 5 position in the EPL; but, are not good enough to fight for the top 2 with Liverpool and Man City this season. Nevertheless, this is far better than where the team was last season.

PS - It has been reported that Liverpool will not make a bid for Pulisic for the summer of 2018. So, it looks like he will go to Chelsea instead as they are rumored to have already agreed with Dortmund on a EUR 50 Million bid.

Chelsea agrees on Christian Pulisic transfer from Borussia Dortmund in summer, report says

Reaction Score
Just got back from my morning walk with my dog and turned on the TV to watch my Gunners, should have taken a longer walk :( Emery does not yet have 'his' team put together yet and the injuries to the back line leave the team very vulnerable against a quality team. Arsenal is good enough to fight for a 3 to 5 position in the EPL; but, are not good enough to fight for the top 2 with Liverpool and Man City this season. Nevertheless, this is far better than where the team was last season.

PS - It has been reported that Liverpool will not make a bid for Pulisic for the summer of 2018. So, it looks like he will go to Chelsea instead as they are rumored to have already agreed with Dortmund on a EUR 50 Million bid.

Chelsea agrees on Christian Pulisic transfer from Borussia Dortmund in summer, report says

I would prefer Liverpool.

Reaction Score
I would prefer Liverpool.

Red Sox or the Russians? Now sure which one I can't stand more. Both though are better than Man U as that circus needs to be sorted out before any young talent walks through those doors.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Red Sox or the Russians?

The Sox I hope. A good mix of shrewd signings mixed with homegrown talent. A team that seems to like playing together. A team with the best manager.

Reaction Score
The Sox I hope. A good mix of shrewd signings mixed with homegrown talent. A team that seems to like playing together. A team with the best manager.

But, Liverpool is stacked with attacking forwards and midfielders. Not sure where Pulisic would fit. As much as I want him to move to the EPL and do well (unless its against Arsenal, LOL), I want him to see playing time as it will help him develop and will help the USMNT for 2022.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Oh that sucks. The team I hate the most. Can't bring myself to root for them. I've been a tepid Man U fan since I was a kid (growing up in Manchester CT, hence the choice). Hoping Man U can get their crap together and play to the talent level.

Reaction Score
Lovren is utter garbage. As a Liverpool fan, he lost us this game.

Meh, he is not bad for a 3rd choice right side CB. Problem with him is that he thinks he is the best CB in the world. Let him think that and get Gomez back in when he is ready.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meh, he is not bad for a 3rd choice right side CB. Problem with him is that he thinks he is the best CB in the world. Let him think that and get Gomez back in when he is ready.
Oohh, that's tough. :rolleyes: We're down to our 2nd choice RB (Lichtsteiner)......as a CB. That would be (let's see, Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding, Mavropanos, Monreal all out) about 7th choice. Head bang

Reaction Score
Arsenal finally put in a solid effort today at home with a 2-0 win over Chelski. The team will have its ups and downs until Emery has the playes he wants in place.

At the end of the day, the Gunners are not top two level this season as Liverpool and Man City are clearly a cut above. The biggest challenge is the next 4 teams (Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, and Man U) are all bunched in together as imperfect squads and will likely be that way all the way to the end of the season.

I am really going to miss Ramsey after he likely leaves at the end of the season (Juventus?); but, credit to him, he is still putting the work in. I have heard though they are going to re-name the old 'Where's Waldo' game to 'Where's Ozil.'

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did you hear the Gunners song of choice after that nice derby victory? Sweet Caroline! What's up with that?

Reaction Score
It is amazing to see Liverpool win these games that they certainly would have lost in previous years. Only dropping 9 points at this point is amazing.

Reaction Score
Did you hear the Gunners song of choice after that nice derby victory? Sweet Caroline! What's up with that?

No, I missed the second half as I was at a youth basketball game. I can see Sweet Carolina popping-up at Liverpool matches as they are owned by the Red Sox ownership team; but, Arsenal woudl be weird.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't know what I liked better about the Newcastle game. That they won or that they played Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes after the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did not watch it as the Liverpool match was on instead; but, Arsenal won 2-1 over Huddersfield. A win is a win; but, the Gunners still have issues on defense between injuries and poor roster moves over the last few seasons. Never should have given-up that late goal.

Did switch over the FS1 to watch an exciting match between Dortmund and Hoffenhiem that ended in a 3-3 draw. Pulisic was on the bench today and did not see the field. Farve cannot be happy that Dortmund had a 3-0 lead 65 minutes into the game and coughed it-up. Second time recently that they have blown a lead. Soccer is a 90 minute game folks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I did watch the Liverpool game and was very happy to see Naby Keita play like the guy I watched last year. His pass leading to the third goal was sweet. It took a while for Ox to get situated, same with Fabinho. Keita looked good early but that injury really set him back. Considering his lack of PT before now, if he is going to play like this going forward (improving along the way) in effect it's one of the strongest additions to a top club in the latest transfer window.

Reaction Score
Knew this was coming; but, it still hurts....

Juventus sign Arsenal's Ramsey to 4-year deal

Contract makes him the highest paid British footballer. ever. unreal.

but Juve can certainly afford it.. this list of free transfers signed by Juve since 2009 is quite impressive:
Fabio Cannavaro
Andrea Pirlo
Paul Pogba
Fernando Llorente
Kingsley Coman
Sami Khedira
Dani Alves
Emre Can
now, Aaron Ramsey

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online