Enough is enough | The Boneyard

Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie shouldn't be allowed back on the plane, and if he is he should be fired once the plane touches down at Bradley and Calhoun needs to be named head coach. If ollie is kept this is going to turn out to be Pasqualoni 2.0

Reaction Score
Ollie shouldn't be allowed back on the plane, and if he is he should be fired once the plane touches down at Bradley and Calhoun needs to be named head coach. If ollie is kept this is going to turn out to be Pasqualoni 2.0

Everyone knows that's you coach Calhoun. No need to hide behind that handle

Reaction Score

What National Championship did FHCPP win less than 10 months ago

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The only imperative statement that's applicable: you need to be committed to some sort of institution.

Reaction Score
As Fishy stated there is zero chance Omar is ready to coach this team. I like the kid but naming him head coach is dumber than dirt.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

YOU are an

Reaction Score
I'm all for venting after a loss, this is just way out there. Big time overreaction. You'll regret this tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Wait, did Pasqualoni win a national championship in his first two years? Where was I? The OP actually makes sense. Kentucky fired the squid when he made the NIT after winning the NC, only to hire him back so he could lose to UConn in the National Championship game. He's probably on the verge of getting fired again. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
the level of talent on the team is just not there, Ollie has proved that he can coach IMO.

Reaction Score
Wait, did Pasqualoni win a national championship in his first two years? Where was I? The OP actually makes sense. Kentucky fired the squid when he made the NIT after winning the NC, only to hire him back so he could lose to UConn in the National Championship game. He's probably on the verge of getting fired again. :rolleyes:
The squid recruited talent and had it on the NIT team. We don't have talent on this roster outside of Boat and we don't have any coming in next year. Ok, I get that Adams, Facey, purvis, etc are top 100 recruits, but they're not talented enough to win a championship. You guys are kidding yourselves.

Reaction Score
The squid recruited talent and had it on the NIT team. We don't have talent on this roster outside of Boat and we don't have any coming in next year. Ok, I get that Adams, Facey, purvis, etc are top 100 recruits, but they're not talented enough to win a championship. You guys are kidding yourselves.

I would call this guy an idiot, but I would be offending idiots everywhere. Jalen Adams is the most polished guard we have ever landed.

Reaction Score

Exactly, with all that talent, a year after winning the national championship, Kentucky loses to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT. Of course, they came back to play in the NC game in the following year and aren't doing to bad this year.

We do have NBA talent on this team and we do have NBA talent coming in. We've won 2 of the last 4 NC's with teams that were deemed "talentless" (before the fact). Sure, this team isn't playing up to their potential, but the talent is there. If they come together for the conference tournament they could win.
If they don't, and end up NIT bound maybe they get hungry next year. When you wake up tomorrow, go back and read your post and you'll see how truly ridiculous it is.

Reaction Score
But he can't recruit.....
I think you just hit the nail on the head. He proved to be a great in game coach last year during the championship run but it wasn't for the most part with his guys. We're seeing the team repeatedly get nickel dimed on foul calls this year with little argument from KO. Refs may have hated JC but they respected him and it resulted in getting calls over the course of the game.

My fear is he may be too nice in general, including on the recruiting trail. Recruiting can be a nasty business. I'm sure guys like Calipari, Gotfried and many others are negatively recruiting against KO with talk about our conference, I just don't see him retaliating or being a tough SOB on the recruiting trail and it may be part of the reason for poor results there.

Reaction Score
I would call this guy an idiot, but I would be offending idiots everywhere. Jalen Adams is the most polished guard we have ever landed.
ummmmm kemba? wasnt he #5 in the top 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom