Enosch Wolf | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enosch Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Wolf can be a 10-12 ppg and 7 rpg guy that is a legitimate low post threat to score. To Perpective's point, that is what UConn needs next year. That is the missing piece to an otherwise very good team.

He would have to make a GIGANTIC improvement in order to even approach those numbers next year, not to mention having a much bigger role on the team.

Reaction Score
Do you even know what a strawman argument is? Doesn't sound like it. Wolf was tons better this year than last and with all the PT he got he would be even better next year. But I think he's gone.

Doesn't seem like you know what one is. Read my original post and find where I said UConn players don't get better or that we're better off with Wolf, which Nelson somehow came to the conclusion from my post. I'm not going to argue or debate a point I never made.

Reaction Score
He would have to make a GIGANTIC improvement in order to even approach those numbers next year, not to mention having a much bigger role on the team.

A lot of it depends on minutes really. If you take his per minute averages from this year and multiply it by 30 minutes, he's at 7.5 ppg and 7.5 rpg. It's not crazy to think he could add a bucket or two to that. However, I don't see him playing 30 minutes, and no big guy will have a usage rate big enough to get 10ppg except for Daniels.

Reaction Score
There are four issues here!

First is the degree of assault! Did he hit the girl causing the glasses to fall or did he grab her while she was moving away, caught her hair and as she moved forward causing her head to change direction, it resulted in her glasses falling off her face. There is quite a difference in the actions with these two scenarios and none of us morons were there to know what took place. All we can say for certain is that he was trespassing, he did not leave when asked and he did something to the girl.

The second issue is image. Some of us are more concerned about negative press than justice so we don't care about the true extent of Wolf's guilt but only that our programs sacred image isn't further damaged. Of course there is the opposite chorus that doesn't care if he's guilty as sin so long as he contributes to a decent year. Both these extremes of thinking are dangerous imo.

This bring up 2b. Should people be given second chances? Should any of the games CB was involved with be removed from UConn's records because he was given a second chance? Do we make distinctions with behavior before coming to UConn vs. while at UConn?

Third is the unknown about players contributions next season. Anyone knowing for certain what a senior Wolf can or can not do based on this and prior seasons and presenting their opinions as beyond questioning should set up a booth with a crystal ball and join a circus. Same with the incoming freshman. It is juvenile to make arguments of unknown future events to back up an emotional opinion regarding points one and two I have presented above.

Just my four cents.

I will be rooting for Wolf. This team will need his contributions assuming the roster stays in tact. 2nd chances should be earned with a sincere approach to change in the best interest of the team and University you represent.

At this point I am enjoying following the attrition stats of other teams nationally.

Looking forward to Bazz putting together a memorable season in 2013-14. Depending on how things shake down with a few teams at the top UConn barring injury could have a roster that can compete with anyone. JMHO of course! :D

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like you know what one is. Read my original post and find where I said UConn players don't get better or that we're better off with Wolf, which Nelson somehow came to the conclusion from my post. I'm not going to argue or debate a point I never made.

Any reasonable person reads your 1st post to be a total refutation of Muntz concerning Wolf's potential production. And when he calls you on it you get nasty. And now you deny even making the point. But that's how you roll.

Reaction Score
Any reasonable person reads your 1st post to be a total refutation of Muntz concerning Wolf's potential production. And when he calls you on it you get nasty. And now you deny even making the point. But that's how you roll.

Lol @ the thought of nelson even making a logical point. I never made the point that UConn players don't get better, you're lost, have a good day sir.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think Wolf will be more valuable than Olander but lets be real, neither of them will be a force. They'll get some rebounds, set picks, get some easy buckets and give some fouls. That's it. If we had someone better to play center they'd be riding the pine and we'd cheer for them when they get garbage minutes in a blowout win.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Wolf played that well last season (as his first real season), it'd be crazy to not have him come back. He was dominant in some games on defense and he was one of our better rebounders last year.

Reaction Score
Why do Husky fans think that ANY player will make tremendous leaps in the summer?

Never, ever happens. Name one.

They are what they are.

Reaction Score
HuskiesAllDay,

There is a truism on this board that every incoming freshman is the program savior and every current sophomore is a bust because he didn't become the program savior. I will let you in on a secret. Most players become better while at UConn. It's called coaching. It's why Calhoun is in the Hall of Fame. If all the mattered was recruiting, Lavin would be the one with all the rings. So this is why Sophomores are better than Freshmen and Juniors are better than Sophomores.

I agree completely. But what is your point? We already have those Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who already are very good. Hence why we need the freshman to do very little.

I have no illusions about Facey or Brimah being Kevin Durant. But we dont need them to be either. All we need is someone who can do some dirty work, stick their ass into somebody to box out, and protect the rim. And almost anybody with any desire and or athletic ability will be able to do so more effectively than Olander.

Our core is loaded. We have good role players/glue guys. All we need is someone to be grab a few rebounds and we will be a Top 15 team. This isnt 2007 when we lost our entire team and relied on Freshman to do everything.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Why do Husky fans think that ANY player will make tremendous leaps in the summer?

They are what they are.
Are you dumb or just a troll

Reaction Score
Kemba Walker soph to Junior year? Shabazz Soph to Junior year? Hilton Armstrong Jr to Sr year. Okafor Soph to Junior year. Thabeet every summer. Did you really just post that garbage?
Hilton's dad told me Hilton hung out with his girlfriend and played video games every summer until after his junior year and then he finally played some hoops. Yes most players don't do sh...t

Reaction Score

They are what they are.

Kemba walker literally went from a good, but extremely inconsistent and out of control player at times, to one of the greatest players in Uconn and NCAA history....IN ONE SUMMER

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hilton's dad told me Hilton hung out with his girlfriend and played video games every summer until after his junior year and then he finally played some hoops. Yes most players don't do sh...t
Ah the old moving target. Position 1 - no Uconn player ever improves over the summer. When refuted, Position 2 - No Uconn player works out over the summer because Hilton's Dad told me that Hilton didn't until his senior year. :confused:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
That was actually a quote from an article about him in high school if I remember correctly. Im not sure i believe you heard that from his father.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That was actually a quote from an article about him in high school if I remember correctly. Im not sure i believe you heard that from his father.
Don't feed the trolls.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I will be very happy if combined, our bigs not named DD and NG average 10 points, 12 rebounds and 2.5 blocks & this is not an unrealistic expectation. If either Wolf or TO play consistently like their best games last year, this will be an easy mark.
DD and Bazz both contributed good rebounding numbers and certainly Omar, DD, Bazz and Boat will be expected to meet or exceed their combined scoring numbers from last season...add a small incremental improvement from NG and things are looking up for Husky fans.

Reaction Score
Lol @ the thought of nelson even making a logical point. I never made the point that UConn players don't get better, you're lost, have a good day sir.

His point and Waq's are logical....UConn is better next year with Wolf on the team playing minutes and there's no denying that....unless of course he is guilty of assault!

Reaction Score
His point and Waq's are logical....UConn is better next year with Wolf on the team playing minutes and there's no denying that....unless of course he is guilty of assault!

Mau, I never made the point that UConn wouldn't be better with Wolf on the team, can you point out where I did? I like Wolf as a player, much moreso than Olander(although I wouldn't be upset if KO dismissed him if his antics desribed in that police report were true), I just don't see where he would average 10 & 7 when he wasn't close to that last year, and would have to now compete with an improved Nolan and Facey for time at C instead of just Olander. Nelson as usual made one of his grand leaps in logic, and Waquoit is still carrying hurt feelings from a couple of weeks old argument about the football team that he decided to tag along with Nelson in his argument.

Reaction Score
Aceboon, you're wasting your time trying to explain yourself to these guys. Nelson has provided more insane basketball thoughts in this one thread then I have seen in months worth of material from this board.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Trolls out in full force I see

Reaction Score

This was Aceboon's post:

He had maybe 3 games all season where he came close to those numbers and you think he can average that for the season?

This was Nelson's petulant response, which I imagine him making while stomping a foot:

You are right. No player at UConn has ever gotten better.

Do you see how Nelson distorted and exaggerated Aceboon's position by tranforming a statement of doubt as to Wolf's ability to average 10 and 7 for the year into an assertion that "No player at UConn has ever gotten better" and then responded to the invented, exaggerated position? We refer to that as the straw man fallacy.

So there you go. Now deflect with an insult, because "that's how you roll."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom