Enormous Win | The Boneyard

Enormous Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think about how different the resume is with that win rather than a loss. UConn played very well in the last three minutes (other than Gibbs uncharacteristic missed free throws) and closed out an important win.

With wins against Michigan, Texas, Gtown, Memphis, Ohio State and Houston the resume is starting to look much better. Brimah should be back in 2 weeks or so. Life is Good.

Reaction Score
Very significant win for us...no doubt. Losses to Cuse, gonzaga and maryland vs wins against texas, ohio state, Michigan and gtown. 4 and 3 against those teams looks better than 3 and 4. Should help our cause when the committee reviews our resume.

Reaction Score
Still have two shots at Cincy and SMU. Hoping for at least 3-1 out of those

Reaction Score
I'm pretty happy with that win today because as big as GT was I could see this going the other way. Our defense has come together pretty well. For some reason because GT is not ranked the enthusiasm seems a bit flat, but their win at Xavier was eye opening regardless of their record.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Big win no doubt about it,
The game vs Cinci looms large - if they can win that one it will be a HUGE confidence builder.
Just wish they could get back those Cuse and Temple games..........

Reaction Score
Really really loved today's win. We have been locked in on D since the 2nd half of Houston. Ollie is also back to coaching his ass off like we know he's capable of. Once Brimah comes back and Dham snaps out of his slump watch out.

Reaction Score
As much as this team has struggled at times with Brimah out, I still contend that they have become better defensively because of it and other players (Nolan, Facey, Omar) have gotten valuable playing time. Quality W today, lets keep it rolling

Reaction Score
Awesome crowd. Really into it....Glad this game was at the XL. 16K strong.

Was there really 16K? Didn't look it more like 13,500-14 but a solid crowd.

Reaction Score
I think that Purvis making those free throws might change his free throw shooting permanently. Shooting free throws is so mental that he might turn the corner from that. It can go both ways. The infamous Nick Anderson game 1 free throws that basically derailed his career. For Rodney he may now say I can do this in his head instead of trying not to fail and that can make all the difference.

Reaction Score
Seemed like the most motivated the crowd has been coupled with fantastic defensive energy. I was nostalgic and on edge the whole game. Just a more legitimate feel to the whole game. Sad reality is we take down NBE second Place Team and meanwhile in the AAC Houston getting killed at home by USF. Great OOC scheduling IMO regardless of how those teams have faired.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seemed like the most motivated the crowd has been coupled with fantastic defensive energy.

And XL crowds have a good sense of the game. The have been getting loud at what seems to be just the right time.

Reaction Score
True story. Unfortunately hard to employ that timing against the Tulanes. Helps to have a heightened sense of purpose against a quality brand. Probably what the other teams in AAC when uconn comes to town. Feeling just isn't mutual....Houston coming back and I'm actually watching it with interest....smh

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think that Purvis making those free throws might change his free throw shooting permanently. Shooting free throws is so mental that he might turn the corner from that. It can go both ways. The infamous Nick Anderson game 1 free throws that basically derailed his career. For Rodney he may now say I can do this in his head instead of trying not to fail and that can make all the difference.

This change isn't happening now. Rodney is over 78% from the line in 2016. In fact, except for an inexplicable 0 for 3 performance against Texas on the 29th of December, he is at 77% since the exam break in mid-December.

Even with the Texas game, he's at 70% (24-31) since exams. That's a 10 game stretch. Prior to exams, he was 15 for 31 (44%) over a 9 game stretch. He deserved the criticism then. He's not in Gibbs' class, but he doesn't deserve the 'lousy free throw guy' tag now, and hasn't since at least the beginning of '16.

Reaction Score
This change isn't happening now. Rodney is over 78% from the line in 2016. In fact, except for an inexplicable 0 for 3 performance against Texas on the 29th of December, he is at 77% since the exam break in mid-December.

Even with the Texas game, he's at 70% (24-31) since exams. That's a 10 game stretch. Prior to exams, he was 15 for 31 (44%) over a 9 game stretch. He deserved the criticism then. He's not in Gibbs' class, but he doesn't deserve the 'lousy free throw guy' tag now, and hasn't since at least the beginning of '16.

He has stopped spinning the ball before he shoots it. That has made a huge difference in his % from the line. It was unecessary motion that was counterproductive.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He has stopped spinning the ball before he shoots it. That has made a huge difference in his % from the line. It was unecessary motion that was counterproductive.

You may be onto something, Mike. I used to do the same thing. And I was mediocre from the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom