Enoch? | The Boneyard

Enoch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Down 20 Enoch thinks its his turn? Where is Facey and Nolan. Sit Enoch please.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you thought what Enoch did was bad. Try imagining Nolan or facey doing that same thing... They wouldn't have gotten as far as he did.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There wasn't a big who did anything why pick on an 18 year old with little expectation? Not sure what the hell this thread is even here for?
Some moron needed a place to ramble

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Everyone one of them is terrible, non of the bigs show any heart. I do not care who is in there, why not let Enoch try, can not be any worse than the talent available at any of those positions. This team had and has bigger issues than worrying about Enoch.

Reaction Score
Huh? Of all players you are making a thread on SE? He isn't totally polished yet but at least he doesn't get pushed all around the court and can catch the ball down low. Why not attack SG and DHAM. They were awful.

Reaction Score
You're actually arguing that we should give minutes to Phil Nolan, who is gone after this season in case you forgot, and Kentan Facey, who may be the softest player on this team and has had almost 3 full seasons to develop, over Enoch, a freshmen who is maybe one of two or three players that has actually shown development this season? Thats just an absurd argument, it was a 20 point blowout as you mentioned, what better time to throw a freshmen in for some minutes in an intense atmosphere and see how the kid responds.

Reaction Score
I guess I have given up on Gibbs, Hamilton, Purvis and am not thrilled with Brimah lack of development. I think that Facey and Nolan had some solid games this year and Nolan hasn't been out there for a game or 2 and Facey is seeing less time. I felt we were still in it and he did a good job and got the rebound and should have passed it back out. And yeah, I think coaching staff has mailed it in this year. I pledge not to write again until there is something positive to say.

Reaction Score
The guy who had 18/9/3 last game got 1/4/2 with the 2 blocks coming in the first 2 minutes. He spent the rest of the game swatting air while watching guards and others go by him like he was a statue - yet let's have a thread about Enoch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The guy who had 18/9/3 last game got 1/4/2 with the 2 blocks coming in the first 2 minutes. He spent the rest of the game swatting air while watching guards and others go by him like he was a statue - yet let's have a thread about Enoch.
There's my boy

Reaction Score
Other than catching an oop, Enoch is the only center we have that has an offensive move. Instead of bringing the kid into the rotation, KO decided to play him 3 minutes a game and go with proven Phil and Face for the lions share of backup minutes. This is on the premises that Facey will be the first guy off the bench next year if patterns follow. KO is loyal. I'm still grappling with Brimah's performance last night and I can't put that into perspective. It makes no sense coming off his last SMU game. If you told me he was playing with appendicitis I would understand.

Reaction Score
Did you see how many times Enoch pick and rolled and established position last night, only to not once receive the ball from our guards? The kid was open in the post all night long but nobody would get him the ball. I think you're in the minority here, as most of us want to see him shoot more often. What's the upside to seeing Phil airball layups or Amida fumble the ball out of bounds??

Reaction Score
On a very sad, frustrating night, perhaps the biggest casualty was seeing Mau's bikini clad avatar go away!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Did you see how many times Enoch pick and rolled and established position last night, only to not once receive the ball from our guards? The kid was open in the post all night long but nobody would get him the ball. I think you're in the minority here, as most of us want to see him shoot more often. What's the upside to seeing Phil airball layups or Amida fumble the ball out of bounds??

I'm surprised we don't run Miller on PnRs more often; he's our only big that has any kind of handle that I would be OK with driving the lane.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised we don't run Miller on PnRs more often; he's our only big that has any kind of handle that I would be OK with driving the lane.
This is a great point. He'd be an ideal pick and roll big for us. It kills me to see such a skilled, versatile player's contributions wasted like this. We've had very few bigs with his skillset.

Reaction Score
And he can pick and pop. Watching our pick and rolls, the guards do not drive their guy into the screen and our big guys roll at the wrong time. I can't believe they are not being coached to do it the right way but it appears that way.

Reaction Score
I agree Enoch and Miller pick and rolls need to be used more, and Enoch was wide open multiple times. That being said all of our bigs roll the wrong way after setting a screen. They turn away from the ball and show their back to the guard which not only may discourage a pass but also doesn't seal the defender and makes the screen easier to fight through, its problems with basic things like this that make me question coaching.

Reaction Score
Our issues running high pick and roll are not due to our bigs. Our guards -- all of them -- retreat to halfcourt when the hedging big so much as breathes in their direction . . .

Reaction Score
Our issues running high pick and roll are not due to our bigs. Our guards -- all of them -- retreat to halfcourt when the hedging big so much as breathes in their direction . . .

It's both the guards and the bigs. They aren't very adept at using the picks, the picks aren't very good and who's going to guard Brimah/Facey off the p&r before the guards? No one, they will either travel or bobble it OOB's. This team is a train wreck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog