Enoch | The Boneyard

Enoch

Reaction Score
Louisville is ranked #1 in the country right now and it appears that Enoch is contributing to that. last night beating previously unbeaten Michigan 26 minutes, 13 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, 2-5 from 3. But he couldn’t get past Brimah in KO’s lineup and was called a stiff by many. His father who clashed with KO wanted him to have more PT for a reason I guess.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He’s come a long way defensively and offensively. Not to say he couldn’t do it here, but he (and the rest of them) couldn’t do it under KO.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why do we rehash this 100 times a week? Enoch has gotten better at loui than he was here. KO is a god awful coach that never should have gotten the coaching job here. But he got the job and thus sent our program into the dumpster. It is what is, but let's stop rehashing this everytime Enoch has a good game because he is going to have many of them this year.

Reaction Score
He’s come a long way defensively and offensively. Not to say he couldn’t do it here, but he (and the rest of them) couldn’t do it under KO.

Exactly so let’s not start this thread again. Enoch would not have turned into anything at UConn. Transferring was the right choice for him. He found a program that actually developed his game

Reaction Score
Players develop over time and I think the redshirt season really helped him. Physically, he looks much better now. All that said, he probably made the right decision to transfer.

Reaction Score
Louisville is ranked #1 in the country right now and it appears that Enoch is contributing to that. last night beating previously unbeaten Michigan 26 minutes, 13 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, 2-5 from 3. But he couldn’t get past Brimah in KO’s lineup and was called a stiff by many. His father who clashed with KO wanted him to have more PT for a reason I guess.
It's absolutely shocking that a senior is playing so much better than he was as a freshman or sophomore. I doubt I've ever seen that kind of improvement before; except maybe all the time, like with Hilton Armstrong or Kentan Facey or Niels Giffey or ( add your choice here) ...

Reaction Score
I’m happy for Steve. That extra year gives him a chance to win a championship. Btw as bad as Carlton has looked so far he and Enoch are averaging about the same amount of points and rebounds per game.

Reaction Score
This was not a knock on Josh who I am a big fan of and think will be fantastic for us this year, but Enoch was being wasted as a sophomore when we were going nowhere and Brimah was a joke game after game and he needed to be put out there to make mistakes, develop and learn. Floortime. KO had this loyalty to Brimah and idea we were winning a national title that year and could not see the future.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’m happy for Steve. That extra year gives him a chance to win a championship. Btw as bad as Carlton has looked so far he and Enoch are averaging about the same amount of points and rebounds per game.
Carlton hasn't had a good December. (Think about that one)

His November was workably good. (Look at the stats, review the video)

Unless you're committed to being ahead of the pack in 'being right' (if it turns out that way), try showing some patience as the coaching staff and the players make continuous adjustments. I'll continue to do that, and remind myself to show patience with fans who work the same process.

We are ALL learning, especially this season.

Reaction Score
Carlton hasn't had a good December. (Think about that one)

His November was workably good. (Look at the stats, review the video)

Unless you're committed to being ahead of the pack in 'being right' (if it turns out that way), try showing some patience as the coaching staff and the players make continuous adjustments. I'll continue to do that, and remind myself to show patience with fans who work the same process.

We are ALL learning, especially this season.
I think you are interpreting my quote the wrong way.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This was not a knock on Josh who I am a big fan of and think will be fantastic for us this year, but Enoch was being wasted as a sophomore when we were going nowhere and Brimah was a joke game after game and he needed to be put out there to make mistakes, develop and learn. Floortime. KO had this loyalty to Brimah and idea we were winning a national title that year and could not see the future.
Not sure how a UConn fan doesn’t realize that defense was the issue for not playing.

A Kansas fan, a UNC fan might not get it but a fan watching JC year in and year out should completely understand a defense first coach and coaching decisions.

Play the Hurley Iona interview. Bouknight’s minutes are currently limited because he’s not up to speck defensively. One of the most spectacular offensive players we’ve had in a while is kept off the court because we have a defensive minded coach. Hate Ollie all you want but be smart about it. He was a defensive minded coach. Steve played matador defense. Same with Facey until his senior season.

Reaction Score
Their starting 3 front court had 33 rebounds. Imagine that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think you are interpreting my quote the wrong way.
NP.
I read, "as bad as Carlton has looked so far," and thought he really hasn't.
Maine wasn't a good game for him.
St. Joe's was a terrible game for the team.

I'm drawing few conclusions so far as to what the starting lineups should be, where the season will finish up, etc.

The 'one game at a time' approach has been more rewarding this year. It's a welcome change. I hope it continues. Your reply suggests that we might not be far apart.

Reaction Score

“Wasted as a Sophmore”

cool we get it. Next topic please

Reaction Score
Enoch is fine, he's a little above average not great. He's averaging 11 pts & 8 reb this year after 9 pts & 5 reb last year, so he's about the minimum you would accept from a starting center on a good team.

He's been gone for over 2 years, he wouldn't have helped us make the tourney last year & I like the roster we have this year so why care anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brimah was not the problem. KO was right to play Brimah because he had a game changing skill under the hoop. Enoch couldn’t do anything back then.

Brimah should have gotten better just like Enoch. The staff failed them, neither of them failed us. Brimah gave us the best chance to win at the time.

Reaction Score
I see some sites that project Enoch as a first round pick, as high as 24th! I personally don't see it but power to him if he makes it in the NBA level. I personally don't see it yet but he has physical tools and has an ok jumpshot for a big guy.

Reaction Score
Dear God. You made this same thread multiple times last year and the conversation hasn't changed. The only new tidbit is Enoch's father clashing with KO but my guess is you are confusing him with Vance.
From what I remember his father was upset with KO that his son was on the bench so much and was a major factor in him leaving. The stats are a reminder for the many who said Enoch would become nothing, a stiff. I never said his defense was good for us but it should have been given priority to develop.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In before $1 oysters/Grants reference.

Reaction Score
Enoch sucks. Brimah is a Husky who made big contributions.

Reaction Score
Considering all the guys that got away the past few years and he's about the only one better than serviceable, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reaction Score
Couldn't guess how many Enoch threads have been started since he began playing decently at L'ville. Not sure how many more we need. We all know 1) he should have redshirted as a freshman, 2) he didn't have the hoops IQ and defensive skills as an 18 and 19 year old to make meaningful contributions at UConn, 3) there was a lot of natural talent and size that was there to develop, 4) he was smart to transfer and get coached up during his off year, 5) if he didn't transfer he would have graduated last year so whatever he is doing this year has no correlation to how he would fit into this year's team. 6) a decent guy that didn't ruffle feathers on his departure and he will probably make some money in Europe.

Note: He is making some late first round and 2nd round mock drafts. I guess it depends on how he produces in some of the big match-ups throughout the year, Last year he disappeared in some of the big games after putting up quality numbers in some weaker OOC and conference games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's absolutely shocking that a senior is playing so much better than he was as a freshman or sophomore. I doubt I've ever seen that kind of improvement before; except maybe all the time, like with Hilton Armstrong or Kentan Facey or Niels Giffey or ( add your choice here) ...

He's a senior but it's been 3 years since he left UConn after 2. He's a man now and should be better just on maturity alone, and he is. I thought for sure he'd surpass AB while here but didn't and that was on him.

He's on a good team and is a big piece of their success, good for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom