Enoch preseason hype | The Boneyard

Enoch preseason hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Enoch has been consistently hyped by players, coaches (KO himself), and media. I think he will contribute more than most believe.

If he lives up to the hype, we could go 2 to 3 deep at PF and C respectively. We've got a deep and diverse group of guys which each brings a different dimension and gives KO lots of flexibility. Our front court will one of the best in the country (which hasn't been the case since 2009).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Enoch has been consistently hyped by players, coaches (KO himself), and media. I think he will contribute more than most believe.

If he lives up to the hype, we could go 2 to 3 deep at the 4 and 5 spots respectively. We've got a deep and diverse group of guys which each brings a different dimension and gives KO lots of flexibility. Our front court will one of the best in the country (which hasn't been the case since 2009).

I'm getting the feeling he may be like an underrated Okafor type coming in. He won't be Okafor but you know what I'm sayin.

Reaction Score

If he lives up to the hype, we could go 2 to 3 deep at PF and C respectively. We've got a deep and diverse group of guys which each brings a different dimension and gives KO lots of flexibility. Our front court will one of the best in the country (which hasn't been the case since 2009).

I agree, he's got a lot of upside. It'll be nice having a stronger backup to Brimah, and he should be a solid rebounder.
I know this won't be the starting lineup, but here's a group I'll look forward to seeing on the floor at the same time: Adams, Gibbs, Hamilton, Miller, and Enoch. That group can shoot, penetrate, and rebound.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He's a project but can become a legit NBA prospect with time and experience. He's got a great frame, excellent height and wingspan. He can jump, run well, shoot well, TBD on his rebounding/post game in a college setting. If he can use his size to establish position in the paint, he could be excellent for us.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Wow, Rodney is charismatic as hell and gave great response to both questions without even hesitating. What a great ambassador for the program. I also love that he transferred out of NC State, a school with its own respectable basketball pedigree, and now reps the UConn family and tradition harder than any former husky who was recruited to play here as a freshman.

If I was a NC State fan id be thinking "Damn, is it really that good up there? It's like he never even came to Raleigh..."

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
If the Big Steve hype turns out to be true this could take our team to a whole different level. He looks bigger than Brimah, Facey and Nolan combined already so he will provide our frontcourt something we have been lacking over the last few seasons....physicality

Reaction Score
According to this favorable news I must ask who is Diamond Stone?

In college basketball Stone will be forgotten after next year but Enoch will not!

Also if he's the sponge/gym rat Purvis spoke of he will leave a lasting mark when he leaves. Whatever he gives us this year will be sauce to the meat. He will become the meat in our future, Amida, and Shonn will start the prep work, Nolan and Facey will add the spice, and in two years or maybe sooner he'll be sizzling.

Reaction Score
Very exciting as it indeed adds to the depth if he is able to play impact minutes and not just "foul trouble" situations.

Reaction Score
If the Big Steve hype turns out to be true this could take our team to a whole different level. He looks bigger than Brimah, Facey and Nolan combined already so he will provide our frontcourt something we have been lacking over the last few seasons....physicality

I hope that he's built himself up to the point where he can get physical.....last year he eventually got a good understanding of team defense but he played soft especially his on ball skills....lost a few minutes because of it.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he scared stone away?

Maybe.
Order Enoch_ A Bigfoot Story.jpg

C

Chief00

Enoch has physical ability, skills and is a very hard worker. I said several weeks ago he would surprise people based on what I had seen - and quite frankly Enoch has to the point that it's no longer a surprise.

Reaction Score
Enoch has physical ability, skills and is a very hard worker. I said several weeks ago he would surprise people based on what I had seen - and quite frankly Enoch has to the point that it's no longer a surprise.
Great that everyone is so up. Enoch weighing 250 is already a plus. He comes in with a mans body!

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, hype is something that comes from the media or the hype is generated by the casual fan based on pre-season rankings. When players give their honest take its more believable. For coaches you need to decipher if they are doing it to motivate or is it to be taken at face value. Sometimes when a guy needs to sit out a year coaches will say things to make him feel part of the team. Also, recruiting talk is just that - not to be taken seriously - as Coach Calhoun would say that's the coach in your living room - - and you will never see that guy again. That Rip story still makes me laugh.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, hype is something that comes from the media or the hype is generated by the casual fan based on pre-season rankings. When players give their honest take its more believable. For coaches you need to decipher if they are doing it to motivate or is it to be taken at face value. Sometimes when a guy needs to sit out a year coaches will say things to make him feel part of the team. Also, recruiting talk is just that - not to be taken seriously - as Coach Calhoun would say that's the coach in your living room - - and you will never see that guy again. That Rip story still makes me laugh.
I had no idea. You are too deep.

C

Chief00

All I am saying my friend is believe the dudes that go up against Enoch in practice or pickup every day - that's not hype.

The media or preseason honors - take with a grain of salt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's go with Amidah and Miller each getting around 28 min per game. Some fluctuations for foul trouble but a fair average for upper class men starters.

For UConn to be FF good, the combo of Nolan, Facey and Enoch need 24 min. A combination of 10 points and 8 rebounds from the back up PF and C position is needed. I'll go with the sausage analogy. I don't care how those three divide up 24 min, 10pt and 8 rebounds. It just needs to get done.

Reaction Score
Good article on Enoch from today's news links: http://www.thehour.com/sports/john-...cle_ce841e97-427e-5d2b-94b2-84bb0694e7c1.html

It's been 599 days since I last saw Steven Enoch play basketball, almost 20 months if you add all those days up.

On March 11, 2014, Enoch was a dominant force inside for the Norwalk High Bears, who suffered a 73-60 loss to Ledyard in the first round of the state tournament during his junior season in high school.

On Sunday afternoon, Enoch played a total of nine minutes. He was called for three fouls in that time, grabbed two rebounds, missed a shot and turned the ball over.

And yet he looked so much better than he ever had.

Reaction Score
All I am saying my friend is believe the dudes that go up against Enoch in practice or pickup every day - that's not hype.

The media or preseason honors - take with a grain of salt.
Much like hype, how a kid plays in practice is not always a good barometer of what we can expect… There are an endless number of kids that are great practice-players but that doesn't always carry over to the actual games…

That said, I hope Enoch is the real deal… Only time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom