OT: - Enjoy the summer duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Enjoy the summer duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see that and I’m no babe in the woods but it still doesn’t make sense. IMO Scheyer is still trading on the Duke/Coach K brand. That’s what got Flagg to commit, we know that. Are the rest getting sent there by Nike-affiliated coaches/advisors? There are plenty of other Nike schools.

Just shaking my head at that list. It’s ridiculous. Scheyer has done nothing! Needless to say I’m not a Coach K fan but he was a legend. Scheyer is going to be on the hot seat soon if he doesn’t make a Final 4. If Shead didn’t get banged up Duke wouldn’t even have been playing today.

UK had #s 2, 3 and 4 this year and that was a fine outcome. Like it or not, Duke is currently the strongest brand out in CBB and it will take a real down year to reset. And that will happen.

Reaction Score

Jesus, could you ever imagine Dan recruiting a kid like this? I don't think Dan would take him even if he was #1 overall recruit and was practically begging to come to UConn.

He would not be allowed to do this if he played for us

Reaction Score

Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

Reaction Score

I felt a bit bad for McCain for a millisecond, especially because he was the only one who showed up, but Duke being eliminated just warms my heart too much.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I actually wanted them to miraculously make it to the finals against us. Epic

Reaction Score
I actually wanted them to miraculously make it to the finals against us. Epic
I want Duke to be forever known as a one coach school. I want there to be no sliver of validation for their staff. Ever. I want to leave them in the dust in titles and catch them in Final Fours.

So, no. While beating them by 20+ in the title game would feel good, it would feel okay-ish for them. They were a 4-seed. It would give Scheyer credibility. Instead they had a phoney run to the E8 and lost by double digits to their little brother, an 11 seed.

Reaction Score
Watching Duke its suprising with all their recruiting power they dont have a better defensive big than Flipowski. Making their best offensive foward/center wrestle with a lumbering low post player like DJ Burns.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Last time I checked each team plays with a maximum of five players at a time. Why in the devil would six highly rated recruits go to the same school, can’t they and their parents count?

It makes no sense at all. It’s not a winning formula for the kids or the program.

Carmelo Anthony
Anthony Davis

That’s the illustrious history of one-and-dones leading their teams to a title.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
UK had #s 2, 3 and 4 this year and that was a fine outcome. Like it or not, Duke is currently the strongest brand out in CBB and it will take a real down year to reset. And that will happen.

Not following. What was a fine outcome?

Reaction Score
It makes no sense at all. It’s not a winning formula for the kids or the program.

Carmelo Anthony
Anthony Davis

That’s the illustrious history of one-and-dones leading their teams to a title.
You have sadly forgotten Jahlil Okafor/Justice Winslow/Tyus Jones

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You have sadly forgotten Jahlil Okafor/Justice Winslow/Tyus Jones

Screw you for reminding me. In the back of my head I remembered Tyus Jones’s heroics but didn’t remember Okafor was on that team too (didn’t they beat us in MSG?). So yeah that was a one-and-done team that obviously worked. 9 years ago. Fool’s gold.

Reaction Score
Screw you for reminding me. In the back of my head I remembered Tyus Jones’s heroics but didn’t remember Okafor was on that team too (didn’t they beat us in MSG?). So yeah that was a one-and-done team that obviously worked. 9 years ago. Fool’s gold.
It's also the last one and done team that did.

Villanova won the next year, ushering in a new era of sorts.

From 2016-now, Champions tended to be older, and programs that built with older players were the ones that had more sustained success.

Teams with Multiple Final Fours since 2016

Villanova: 3
UNC: 3
Kansas: 2
Gonzaga: 2
UConn: 2

Duke's only been to 1 since their last title, and Kentucky hasn't been back since that undefeated 2015 team lost.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's also the last one and done team that did.

Villanova won the next year, ushering in a new era of sorts.

From 2016-now, Champions tended to be older, and programs that built with older players were the ones that had more sustained success.

Teams with Multiple Final Fours since 2016

Villanova: 3
UNC: 3
Kansas: 2
Gonzaga: 2
UConn: 2

Duke's only been to 1 since their last title, and Kentucky hasn't been back since that undefeated 2015 team lost.

Exactly my point. UK and Duke each succeeded once and have been chasing the dragon ever since.

Reaction Score
Last time I checked each team plays with a maximum of five players at a time. Why in the devil would six highly rated recruits go to the same school, can’t they and their parents count?
Yeah 4 SFs and 2 Cs lol

Reaction Score
Anthony Davis was also 1-10 in the national title game. Sophomore Doron Lamb was the guy who stepped up. Yeah, Davis had his usual impact with defense and rebounding - wasn’t like he was useless out there. But he did only have five points.

Next year is the last go round of the fifth year COVID guys so it’s probably a bad year to be freshman heavy. The Zion-Reddish-Barrett team was pretty bad in the postseason (needed a miracle to beat Tacko Fall).

Reaction Score
It was at Meadowlands Arena (IZOD Center at the time). I just remember it being a miserable game to attend, so no way it was MSG

Reaction Score
Anthony Davis was also 1-10 in the national title game. Sophomore Doron Lamb was the guy who stepped up. Yeah, Davis had his usual impact with defense and rebounding - wasn’t like he was useless out there. But he did only have five points.

Next year is the last go round of the fifth year COVID guys so it’s probably a bad year to be freshman heavy. The Zion-Reddish-Barrett team was pretty bad in the postseason (needed a miracle to beat Tacko Fall).
Anthony Davis dominated and was the most outstanding player of the final 4.

Reaction Score
I see that and I’m no babe in the woods but it still doesn’t make sense. IMO Scheyer is still trading on the Duke/Coach K brand. That’s what got Flagg to commit, we know that. Are the rest getting sent there by Nike-affiliated coaches/advisors? There are plenty of other Nike schools.

Just shaking my head at that list. It’s ridiculous. Scheyer has done nothing! Needless to say I’m not a Coach K fan but he was a legend. Scheyer is going to be on the hot seat soon if he doesn’t make a Final 4. If Shead didn’t get banged up Duke wouldn’t even have been playing today.
Honestly bro i roll with you on a lot of stuff but you sound like a straight hater. I honestly could not give a single drop of psss who dook gets and you shouldnt either. Over the last 35 years we have been out recruited easily in terms of top 50 recruits and specifically burger boys by miles by KU, UK, dook and UNC and yet we still have more national titles than any of them so why does it matter who they get when what ends up happening is they end up losing in the tourney sometimes its even us and the recruits we "settled for" doing it? I couldnt care less about Cooper Flagg or any other guy on that list. Odds are theyre not winning a natty next year and most are gone the year after so its back to square one. Duck Fuke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom