energized Alex O | The Boneyard

energized Alex O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
played good ball, kid need a good game. played with purpose and went after the ball

Reaction Score
I've been critical of Alex this year but I'll be the first ( or second) to admit that he played great tonight. Great to see! We need him. 29 combined for him and Andre. Bazz played well too. Depaul was just what we needed

Reaction Score
I was really hoping Alex would step up and play big tonight.
And he did!
A double-double = nice job AO.

Keep it up son!

Reaction Score
I was at the game. AO was strong and confident. He reminded me of the AO from last year, PLUS he was honored before the game for getting a GPA over 3.0 last semester. Welcome back AO, UConn is a far better team when you bring it like you did tonight.

Reaction Score
he looked strong and looked like he was leading...i thought that by this time in the season he would have 6 or seven double doubles

Reaction Score
he looked strong and looked like he was leading...i thought that by this time in the season he would have 6 or seven double doubles

I give AO a ton of respect and I think it's understandable that he was having a rough time this year:

He becomes a captain and the lone upperclassman on the team.
His good friend and fellow junior transfers.
He loses his starting spot to a highly touted freshman, who is also his friend.
He's losing minutes to, and being outplayed by TO, who is also an underclassman who played under 10 minutes a game last year.
When he does get in the game, Calhoun gives him the Gavin treatment when he plays poorly, while AD stays in mistakes and all.
The guards don't seem to be giving him the ball down low as often as he wishes.

That is a lot of stuff to deal with.

It's never too late to become a leader.

Reaction Score
played good ball, kid need a good game. played with purpose and went after the ball

Solid game and passion last night......congrats on the 3.0 also and doing his part on the academic side........

Reaction Score
The last four games, Alex only had one poor performance, and that was due to foul trouble. He's on the road to being who we thought he would be.

When he's playing with passion, there aren't many players easier to root for--he just seems to love being out there sometimes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He came out playing hard. We'll need that on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom