End of an Era? | The Boneyard

End of an Era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the ugliness that conference realignment has brought to a struggling Big East and collegiate sports in general, scandals for programs every where you look and an aging coaching staff, do you see coach's Calhoun, Blaney and Boehiem calling it quits? The NCAA wants Calhoun out without a doubt and Syracuse is about to go through what UConn is going through now. Do these guys really want to gut it out over the next two seasons knowing it's gonna be ugly?

Reaction Score
Calhoun won't be calling it quits yet. I think he's got 3 years left in him, at least.

Reaction Score
Health permitting, Calhoun is absolutely coming back. He's said on numerous occasions now that he wants to leave the program with a good outlook (i.e., APR business settled, practice facility close to completion).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If it really is the end of an era, I am so putting a UConn-Sarah McLachlan mashup on YouTube for you guys.

Reaction Score
There's no way I can see Calhoun bowing out now of all times. He has wayy too much self-pride to leave when the going gets tough. We had a tough season one year after a championship season (which at least consisted of a #9 seed in the tourney rather than an NIT bid)... no way he is going to call it quits now as long as his health permits. If he were going to call it quits he would've done so last season... but now he will certainly feel like he has more to prove and more to accomplish in getting the UConn program in a good place for success after his departure.

Reaction Score
Honestly i hope Calhoun makes a decision very soon on his future. I think thats very important as far ad Drummond and Lamb coming back. If Calhoun says hes coming back before the NBA draft entry date then i think theres a better chance that Drummond and Lamb may return. Im surprised Oriakhi left his return kinda open ended too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom