Emmitt Matthew Jr. scores 30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthew Jr. scores 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would you happen to recall other three stars during Calhoun era who were solid contributors?

Lyman DePriest, Rod Sellers, Murray Williams, Dan Cyrulik, Craig Austrie, EJ Harrison, Torraino Walker, Donnell Beverly, Gavin Edwards .....some in that list were 2 stars or none and I'm guessing there were quite a few more just can't think right now. Mike Hayes, Souley, Charles

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lyman DePriest, Rod Sellers, Murray Williams, Dan Cyrulik, Craig Austrie, EJ Harrison, Torraino Walker, Donnell Beverly, Gavin Edwards .....some in that list were 2 stars or none and I'm guessing there were quite a few more just can't think right now. Mike Hayes, Souley, Charles

Denham Brown, Hilton Armstrong, Tyler Olander

Denham Brown once scored 111 points in a high school game
Tyler Olander has more natty's than Jim Boeheim

Reaction Score
Denham Brown, Hilton Armstrong, Tyler Olander

Denham Brown once scored 111 points in a high school game
Tyler Olander has more natty's than Jim Boeheim
Denham was a big time recruit, he was the best player in all of Canada.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Thanks.

Reaction Score
I was responding to mauconnfan with additional 3* star recruits. Denham was a 3* according to rivals.
Denham wasn't a 3 star recruit, he was a top 50 recruit and the #1 player in Canada.

Reaction Score
Would you happen to recall other three stars during Calhoun era who were solid contributors?

Hmm... Olander was a three star, DBev, Gavin Edwards, Austrie, Souleyman Wane. None were ever stars, but Gavin and Austrie became starters and the others contributed. There's quite a few more (Robert Swain, Marcus Thomas, Rob Garrison, Scottie Haralson, Ben Eaves, Chad Wise, Jamaal Trice, Michael Bradley, etc.) who only lasted a year or so.

Reaction Score
Regardless of player rankings out of HS Calhoun had a system and knew which players fit his system. On the other hand, Ollie seems to recruit whoever he can get.
The incoming class are made of tough high IQ players now. I am so glad that Enuch the very sensitive player is gone

Reaction Score
The incoming class are made of tough high IQ players now. I am so glad that Enuch the very sensitive player is gone

KO hasn't done well in high IQ players I must admit, and that is on him and the staff. They need to get better at that and physical kids on the low post. But agree on Enoch, next!

pj

Reaction Score
Regardless of player rankings out of HS Calhoun had a system and knew which players fit his system. On the other hand, Ollie seems to recruit whoever he can get.

Yes, that's how things were with Miller leading recruiting. Since Chillious's arrival they seem much more focused on players who fit. This is the leading cause for hope that KO has turned the corner as a coach.

We still have to remove the doubts about player development and winning and player retention, but at least the recruiting seems upgraded. It takes time to learn to be a head coach, hopefully KO can rise the learning curve fast enough.

Reaction Score
KO hasn't done well in high IQ players I must admit, and that is on him and the staff. They need to get better at that and physical kids on the low post. But agree on Enoch, next!
Tx, I know a lot more about the Enoch situation then some of his friends who post here

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I remember trying to find okafor and Gordon when they signed and they were mia.

I just looked up an article that said okafor was 99th in his own class.

Really hard to expect 2 All Americans out of a class like that, but it doesn’t hurt to show that you can find gems.

The article also talked about nick fazekas, Shelton Mack, Jarvis Varnado, Hakeem warrick and a few others.

Reaction Score
Yes, that's how things were with Miller leading recruiting. Since Chillious's arrival they seem much more focused on players who fit. This is the leading cause for hope that KO has turned the corner as a coach.

We still have to remove the doubts about player development and winning and player retention, but at least the recruiting seems upgraded. It takes time to learn to be a head coach, hopefully KO can rise the learning curve fast enough.
I don't think Miller was ever labeled the lead recruiter on the staff. Out of curiosity, of the commits since Chillious has been on staff which recruits is he credited for?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't think Miller was ever labeled the lead recruiter on the staff. Out of curiosity, of the commits since Chillious has been on staff which recruits is he credited for?

@Chief00 you're not gonna let this one go, are you???

Reaction Score
I remember trying to find okafor and Gordon when they signed and they were mia.

I just looked up an article that said okafor was 99th in his own class.

Really hard to expect 2 All Americans out of a class like that, but it doesn’t hurt to show that you can find gems.

The article also talked about nick fazekas, Shelton Mack, Jarvis Varnado, Hakeem warrick and a few others.

Gordon was much sought after, and he was a top recruit.

C

Chief00

Miller was the lead recruiter, hence our recruiting issues before Chill and Blaze strategy.

C

Chief00

Miller was in charge of recruiting before. Now chillious. Big difference.
Couldn’t agree more - Chill and Blaze strategy are under huge pressure to turn things around quickly - challenge accepted!

C

Chief00

Staff thinks Wilson will be eligible for the 2nd semester. Lets see
So maybe his Dad was correct - his St John’s “summer school” consisted of basketball and zero academics. Wow!
Other possibility is due to Mom’s death circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom