Emerging name for Nba men's head coaching job (not who you might think) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emerging name for Nba men's head coaching job (not who you might think)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So because successful college coaches have failed we should conclude that failed college coaches would be successful?
I never said that, please don't twist my words. My direct quote was:
There's very little correlation between collegiate coaching success and pro success. Her results coaching women at La Tech have zero bearing on how well she'll do in the pros and vice versa.

I never insinuated that she is a great candidate or would be a great NBA coach, just that she shouldn't be eliminated her solely for her lack of success coaching women's basketball at LaTech.

Last edited:
W

wolfe613

Don't believe this to be true. The NBA has this thing called free agency. Once a player achieves free agency he needs to be convinced to stay with the current team or go play somewhere else-that is recruiting. Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul will be heavily recruited this summer. The HC of these franchise will play a huge factor in what Kawhi and Chris decide. Damian Lillard is also out there in Portland quoting Nipsey and basically telling the franchise he needs more help which will also involve recruiting.
and if Zion wants her, she will be the hc

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You know what I mean.
:eek: I think I do. I think you meant to say : Recruiting HS teenagers is far different than recruiting grown ass professional men or women. :D

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
all those coaches were terrible because they don't relate to the player of youth. Boehlein was 67 in his 1st nba job that is just outrageous to think he would have success. Brad Stevens is too quiet to be a hc, you need to push your players when they are not playing defense not just stand there and clap like Jason Garrett. There are college coaches who I know would have success if given the opportunity with Jay Wright being the #1 option but he doesn't want to go to the NBA.
Lol Jay Wright turns 60 this year and it'd be his first NBA job

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lol Jay Wright turns 60 this year and it'd be his first NBA job
Jay Wright gets offered the job to coach the Sixers on a weekly basis. After that game last night He had a Fed Ex envelope at his door this morning with a blank check to fill in the amount.

W

wolfe613

Jay Wright gets offered the job to coach the Sixers on a weekly basis. After that game last night He had a Fed Ex envelope at his door this morning with a blank check to fill in the amount.
yep he easily coulda had sixers job 4 years ago but he decided to stay in Nova, and Jay Wright might be 60, but the man does not look it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
yep he easily coulda had sixers job 4 years ago but he decided to stay in Nova, and Jay Wright might be 60, but the man does not look it.
4 years ago is ancient history with Jay and the Sixers. Brett Brown was fired in August of 2020 & Doc didn't leave LA until September.

Reaction Score
You won’t exactly have the horses at NEw Orleans either, part of the reason they finished 11th out of 15 teams.
It's clear by the fact that you keep finding reasons why she SHOULDN'T that you're not really for it. I'm going to guess, like all of us, that you have absolutely no idea how she fits with the Pelicans and what she brings to their team that she would even be considered. If you don't think she should coach then fine, but don't bring up every little thing from her past to knock her down - this is an entirely different situation.

Reaction Score
all those coaches were terrible because they don't relate to the player of youth. Boehlein was 67 in his 1st nba job that is just outrageous to think he would have success. Brad Stevens is too quiet to be a hc, you need to push your players when they are not playing defense not just stand there and clap like Jason Garrett. There are college coaches who I know would have success if given the opportunity with Jay Wright being the #1 option but he doesn't want to go to the NBA.
Quinn Snyder is an example. Came up through the NCAA with time at Missouri before he went overseas I believe. I want to say he also was an assistant at Duke but I'm not 100% sure.

Reaction Score
It's clear by the fact that you keep finding reasons why she SHOULDN'T that you're not really for it. I'm going to guess, like all of us, that you have absolutely no idea how she fits with the Pelicans and what she brings to their team that she would even be considered. If you don't think she should coach then fine, but don't bring up every little thing from her past to knock her down - this is an entirely different situation.
Lol “every little thing from her past.”
I like Tspoon. She got a raw deal from LaTech who should’ve given her more time.
But mediocre coach at a mediocre school and NBA assistant for <2 years does not seem like a great resume fir a multimillion $ job.

Reaction Score
You can be the best recruiter in the world but if your program has been lacking for decades players won’t come.
Unless you are Dawn Staley…..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom