Emerging name for Nba men's head coaching job (not who you might think) | The Boneyard

Emerging name for Nba men's head coaching job (not who you might think)

W

wolfe613

who woulda thunk it? Might be a name before Becky Hammon or Kara Lawson to be the 1st woman Nba hc

Reaction Score
She couldn’t do anything with Louisiana Tech. What is she gonna do with an NBA team?
Different talent level to work with don’t you think? She didn’t have the horses at Tech. Someone has got to break the glass ceiling and soon. Problem is she (whoever) will be judged unfairly by some.
If you’re against women coaching men at any level, you should also be against men coaching women at any level.

W

wolfe613

Different talent level to work with don’t you think? She didn’t have the horses at Tech. Someone has got to break the glass ceiling and soon. Problem is she (whoever) will be judged unfairly by some.
If you’re against women coaching men at any level, you should also be against men coaching women at any level.
not only that players like Zion have spoken HIGHLY of her and he's the star or the team, won't be shocked the pull he will have in this hc decision

Reaction Score
But when you don’t have the talent, don’t you have to recruit better?

I’m a guy and I have the same opinion of Muffet when it’s comes to women coaching men. How does it help the women’s game that only has 12 teams and 12 roster spots?

Reaction Score
But when you don’t have the talent, don’t you have to recruit better?

I’m a guy and I have the same opinion of Muffet when it’s comes to women coaching men. How does it help the women’s game that only has 12 teams and 12 roster spots?
You can be the best recruiter in the world but if your program has been lacking for decades players won’t come.

Reaction Score
You can be the best recruiter in the world but if your program has been lacking for decades players won’t come.
South Carolina was an unknown and now look at em..as well as Miss St with Vic

Reaction Score
Her last 3 years — in the WAC and CUSA — she was 22-26 in conference. That should give folks pause.

good to get a thumbs up from Zion and remember that the Pels have Swin in their front office, but this seems like a huge risk to me. At least Hammon has been doing this for awhile and has the approval of Popovitch, one of the best coaches in the world.

Reaction Score
Different talent level to work with don’t you think? She didn’t have the horses at Tech.
You won’t exactly have the horses at NEw Orleans either, part of the reason they finished 11th out of 15 teams.

Reaction Score
You won’t exactly have the horses at NEw Orleans either, part of the reason they finished 11th out of 15 teams.
Youth is partially to blame and no clear leader on the court.

W

wolfe613

There's a reason Van Gundy got canned after one yr, he can't relate to young players. The next hc I expect knows it's gonna take time with a Young team

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She couldn’t do anything with Louisiana Tech. What is she gonna do with an NBA team?
There's very little correlation between collegiate coaching success and pro success. Her results coaching women at La Tech have zero bearing on how well she'll do in the pros and vice versa.

Reaction Score
New Orleans isn’t exactly the upper echelon of talent in the NBA so whoever gets the job will have to be a really good coach anyway

Reaction Score
There's very little correlation between collegiate coaching success and pro success. Her results coaching women at La Tech have zero bearing on how well she'll do in the pros and vice versa.
I dont think either of those statements are true.
Yes some successful college coaches have not done well in the pros and some have. But have any not successful college coaches ever done well in the pros? I bet no one has been crazy enough to try. But if they are, I'm available for a $5M salary to try.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
South Carolina was an unknown and now look at em..as well as Miss St with Vic
La Tech wasn't going to become either of those. The ship sailed when Leon retired. Arguably before. However, lack of good players may not be the total story, either. As I have noted regarding a couple of coaches, some former playing stars (or coaches used to working with stars) can't always transition down. If nothing else - Arizona under Niya Butts. I'm sorry, but she couldn't run things (and have expectations) from Tennessee, because she couldn't recruit that talent level. But she might have done better with a different approach - I recognized some of her schemes on defense and our players were not fast enough to execute.

Reaction Score
New Orleans isn’t exactly the upper echelon of talent in the NBA so whoever gets the job will have to be a really good coach anyway
All NBA coaches need to be good. Every team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I dont think either of those statements are true.
Yes some successful college coaches have not done well in the pros and some have. But have any not successful college coaches ever done well in the pros? I bet no one has been crazy enough to try. But if they are, I'm available for a $5M salary to try.
Almost all collegiate coaches have fared poorly in the pros besides Brad Stevens.

Almost all successful NBA coaches had experience as an NBA assistant first to learn the ropes of the league. TSpoon has admittedly little NBA experience (just 1 season I believe) but I would not write her off solely due to her lack of success at La Tech. It's apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Almost all collegiate coaches have fared poorly in the pros besides Brad Stevens.

Almost all successful NBA coaches had experience as an NBA assistant first to learn the ropes of the league. TSpoon has admittedly little NBA experience (just 1 season I believe) but I would not write her off solely due to her lack of success at La Tech. It's apples and oranges.
So because successful college coaches have failed we should conclude that failed college coaches would be successful?

W

wolfe613

all those coaches were terrible because they don't relate to the player of youth. Boehlein was 67 in his 1st nba job that is just outrageous to think he would have success. Brad Stevens is too quiet to be a hc, you need to push your players when they are not playing defense not just stand there and clap like Jason Garrett. There are college coaches who I know would have success if given the opportunity with Jay Wright being the #1 option but he doesn't want to go to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Let’s give one of the women at least an opportunity to succeed or fail. That’s all they’re asking for.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
NEWS FLASH:
There is no recruiting in the NBA.
Don't believe this to be true. The NBA has this thing called free agency. Once a player achieves free agency he needs to be convinced to stay with the current team or go play somewhere else-that is recruiting. Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul will be heavily recruited this summer. The HC of these franchise will play a huge factor in what Kawhi and Chris decide. Damian Lillard is also out there in Portland quoting Nipsey and basically telling the franchise he needs more help which will also involve recruiting.

Reaction Score
Don't believe this to be true. The NBA has this thing called free agency. Once a player achieves free agency he needs to be convinced to stay with the current team or go play somewhere else-that is recruiting. Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul will be heavily recruited this summer. The HC of these franchise will play a huge factor in what Kawhi and Chris decide. Damian Lillard is also out there in Portland quoting Nipsey and basically telling the franchise he needs more help which will also involve recruiting.
You know what I mean.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom