Emeka Okafor Starting for Pelicans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emeka Okafor Starting for Pelicans

Reaction Score
Honestly WTF! Boogie has never won anything, was traded for Buddy Hield, lots of techs, suspensions, well known as malcontent etc.. And others, not me 'decided to bring intelligence into it' (read the thread). Emeka is more educated, calmer, less likely to have long YouTube videos dedicated to his indifference on defense etc.. Again WTF Demarcus Cousins is among the most volatile head scratching players in the NBA. Cousins + John Wall = Elite 8 < Emeka + Ben Gordon = national champs.

DeMarcus Cousins set an NBA record with his suspension

A look at DeMarcus Cousins’ fines and suspensions

No, I don’t care about any of that, this was a thread on Emeka and you guys decided to make it about how Boogie is dumb. Like, I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
No, I don’t care about any of that, this was a thread on Emeka and you guys decided to make it about how Boogie is dumb. Like, I don’t get it.
Please stop putting words in my mouth. Nor am I responsible for what other people write. I never wrote dumb and didn't bring up intelligence other than IQ in obvious jest about giving him a test.
The contrast I wrote about is signing a basketball player to replace another basketball player. Emeka is different than Boogie. The biggest difference between the two is certainly discipline (i.e Emeka's work ethic = getting his college degree). I actually would hypothesize that Boogie being too smart is likely part of his issues, but that's total conjecture and irrelevant. But I understand I likely cannot convince you that I was attempting to highlight the positives of Emeka. Maybe read this interview.

Morning Tip Q&A: Emeka Okafor | NBA.com

Reaction Score
Please stop putting words in my mouth. Nor am I responsible for what other people write. I never wrote dumb and didn't bring up intelligence other than IQ in obvious jest about giving him a test.
The contrast I wrote about is signing a basketball player to replace another basketball player. Emeka is different than Boogie. The biggest difference between the two is certainly discipline (i.e Emeka's work ethic = getting his college degree). I actually would hypothesize that Boogie being too smart is likely part of his issues, but that's total conjecture and irrelevant. But I understand I likely cannot convince you that I was attempting to highlight the positives of Emeka. Maybe read this interview.

Morning Tip Q&A: Emeka Okafor | NBA.com
“Big contrast, swapping Boogie for Emeka is akin to replacing UCF in American with Harvard.”

Uhmmmmm

Reaction Score
Eh. The biggest difference is one guy is on a 10 day contract and the other is a max contract player.
True. And yet Emeka's made 89MM > Boogie's 61. Also they are different ages & Boogie drafted 5th vs Emeka 2nd. Why?
upload_2018-2-13_16-38-21.png

Reaction Score
Eh. The biggest difference is one guy is on a 10 day contract and the other is a max contract player.
Can think of a whole bunch of differences between the two.

Don't worry about Emeka, money will never be an issue for him and his family for the next few generations.

Reaction Score
You lost me. Cousins is about to sign an 8 figure contact. What's your point?
Honestly I can’t believe any rebuttals are UConn fans. If someone points out Emeka is ona 10 day vs a player 9 years younger on a Max its reasonable to counter that the UConn guy was drafted higher, has earned and won more. I know Boogie has more skills, but Mek has a chip. Capice?

Reaction Score
Honestly I can’t believe any rebuttals are UConn fans. If someone points out Emeka is ona 10 day vs a player 9 years younger on a Max its reasonable to counter that the UConn guy was drafted higher, has earned and won more. I know Boogie has more skills, but Mek has a chip. Capice?
You started this dumb argument, it was about Emeka and his success and comeback, but you had to bring Boogie into it. Some UConn fans are smart enough to realize that arguments like this are really stupid.

Reaction Score

Last try for me. Not sure what I'm rebutting because I am not sure what you are trying to say. Maybe I'm a dummy. Help me out. That Emeka is better or has had a better career than Cousins?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
You started this dumb argument, it was about Emeka and his success and comeback, but you had to bring Boogie into it. Some UConn fans are smart enough to realize that arguments like this are really stupid.

And it's rather obvious you are not a member of that cohort.

Reaction Score
Last try for me. Not sure what I'm rebutting because I am not sure what you are trying to say. Maybe I'm a dummy. Help me out. That Emeka is better or has had a better career than Cousins?
It is really simple, Emeka is a contrast as a pros pro with championship pedigree vs a great talent that can’t get out of his own way and use that talent to get Ws.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It is really simple, Emeka is a contrast as a pros pro with championship pedigree vs a great talent that can’t get out of his own way and use that talent to get Ws.
Stop digging your hole. Okafor has never been more valuable to an NBA team than Cousins.

Reaction Score
Stop digging your hole. Okafor has never been more valuable to an NBA team than Cousins.
True and Cousins has never been more valuable to any team than Oak was to the Huskies.

Reaction Score
The war against Kentucky/Calipari never ends.
The war against the war never ends. Do people really not know why Calipari is hated by UConn nation? Is an annual history lesson needed?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The war against the war never ends. Do people really not know why Calipari is hated by UConn nation? Is an annual history lesson needed?

Feel free to spend as much of your time this actively angry as you want, but it's really a bad look when people are trying to spin Emeka Okafor as a better player than DeMarcus Cousins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom