Emeka Okafor Heading to Training Camp | The Boneyard

Emeka Okafor Heading to Training Camp

Reaction Score
Whoa that's awesome! Obviously there are some cuts to come, but you'd think Emeka could provide some good mentoring/leadership for Embiid and Jahlil Okafor.

Isn't he also related to Jahlil in some way? Cousins, maybe?
IIRC, they're distant cousins

Reaction Score
Apparently Okafor has been given an invite to the 76ers training camp. There'd been some talk that he wanted another crack at the league. Maybe he gets it?

That's going to be a very hard roster to crack. Unless they bring him in explicitly to try to help Jahlil save his career, I don't see him making it. Great to see him back playing though.

Reaction Score
We've had some great one's for sure but Emeka academically and his BB skills were the epitome of a special husky. He's 35 now with the injuries so going to be a tough grind here's hoping he makes it, if not Philly maybe another team.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He's 35 now with the injuries so going to be a tough grind here's hoping he makes it, if not Philly maybe another team.

But Emeka has always kept his body in peak shape with diet and exercise, and hasn't put excessive wear and tear on it the last few years, so he may have an easier time getting it into game shape than might be expected of someone in his position.

I just think it would be cool when the announcer says "Okafor in for Okafor."

Reaction Score
As snakebit as the 76ers have been over the years, he has a shot. But just our luck the 76er's injury bug will be cured this season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
IMG_7858.JPG
Whoa that's awesome! Obviously there are some cuts to come, but you'd think Emeka could provide some good mentoring/leadership for Embiid and Jahlil Okafor.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Yes, he's Jahlil's cousin, and Jaleel Cousins is DeMarcus Cousins' brother.

Reaction Score
I thought that Emeka had the ability to develop into a Karl Malone light. Never quite got the mid range shot and moves down, also never had his version of John Stockton.

Reaction Score
Okafor was one of my favorite Huskies of all time, along with RIP, Allen, walker and Gordon.

I hope he can find his way on to the team, he has the work ethic to do it...plus I hope he shows up JJ again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought that Emeka had the ability to develop into a Karl Malone light. Never quite got the mid range shot and moves down, also never had his version of John Stockton.

I always thought he would max out between Dale Davis and Buck Williams. 13-16 points and 9-11 rebounds a year.

C

Chief00

Apparently Okafor has been given an invite to the 76ers training camp. There'd been some talk that he wanted another crack at the league. Maybe he gets it?

He’s two years older than anyone else - odds stacked against the comeback but Chief’s rooting for him

Reaction Score

Whoa... Really? 'Mek was one of our greatest, no doubt, but he never was a great offensive player. Yes, he scored 15-18 a game for back to back years, but that was more due to effort, athleticism, and intelligence than skill.

I always thought Buck Williams as someone else stated. That, in itself, is a good player. But the "who to take #1 debate" was always very simple to me. Looking at that draft, there are really not many impact players. Howard, 'Mek, Ben for a couple years, Iguodala, Al Jefferson, and a few others. But a pretty forgettable draft overall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s two years older than anyone else - odds stacked against the comeback but Chief’s rooting for him
CL82 [thinking]: 1982?! Wow Emeka and I were born in the same year! Oh wait that was the year I graduated from UConn. :oops:

Reaction Score
I guess I can root against 'the process' and for Emeka at the same time. Embid still not playing (other than tennis) I still can't believe people dare to call this a success story. I think Emeka's got a 50-50 shot of making it or getting called back when the inevitable injury prone roster needs help. No evidence of a good medical staff though so hopefully Mek is healthy or has his own docs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom