Emeka Okafor first to... | The Boneyard

Emeka Okafor first to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
score a basket at the new Barclays Arena (albeit preseason game). AJ Price, the first to scuffle. He got fouled at one end then fouled D Williams pretty hard and the two had words. The arena is pretty nice. Thee upper deck is stacked high on top of the court and it gets pretty loud quickly because the arena is so compact. Totally different feel than MSG. You walk in off the street and your seats are right there.

Reaction Score
I'm going on Saturday to check out the Golden Boy boxing card, still haven't settled on a basketball game yet, hopefully tix aren't too hard to come by.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Thanks. I look forward to going there. I have never really liked MSG because many of the seats are far from the court. Barclays is getting a lot of positive publicity in the NYC press and looks like it will be a serious competitor of MSG.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm going on Saturday to check out the Golden Boy boxing card, still haven't settled on a basketball game yet, hopefully tix aren't too hard to come by.

Saw plenty of empty seats yesterday.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Thanks. I look forward to going there. I have never really liked MSG because many of the seats are far from the court. Barclays is getting a lot of positive publicity in the NYC press and looks like it will be a serious competitor of MSG.

Barclays will never be a serious competitor to MSG. Too much history and prestige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Great article in last weeks SI about "Brooklyn" and it's rich basketball roots including Fly Williams (Austin Peay) for you old guys!!

What was it "Fly is open, go Peay"??

Reaction Score
I heard about the AJ Price comments a laughed. AJ Price apparently said "I'm home" to Deron Williams and then DWill said back "Its my home now" haha AJ price was one of my favorite players at UConn but hasnt come to much in the NBA

Reaction Score
"Barclays will never be a serious competitor to MSG. Too much history and prestige."

I wouldnt sell the Barclays brand of basketball short. Brooklyn has the most outdoor hoops courts per square mile than any place in the world. And Brooklyn produces way more ballers a year than manhattan has in its entire history. You should check it out before making pronouncements.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm certainly interested to check out the new arena, most likely for a concert rather than for a basketball game, but I'm surprised to see that criticism of MSG. I've always loved MSG because I think they did a very good job of giving you a decent orientation, perspective and view of the action on the floor no matter where you are seated. If there is an event at MSG that I want to see, I will take any seat in the house, and I really enjoy the sky boxes there, too. By contrast, I'd rather stay home than sit in most of the 200s or 300s in the XL center, and have definitely opted not to go several times rather than sit in the sky boxes there. Worst. View. Ever.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hoping Uconn plays a game there at some point, would love to check out the arena.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm certainly interested to check out the new arena, most likely for a concert rather than for a basketball game, but I'm surprised to see that criticism of MSG. I've always loved MSG because I think they did a very good job of giving you a decent orientation, perspective and view of the action on the floor no matter where you are seated. If there is an event at MSG that I want to see, I will take any seat in the house, and I really enjoy the sky boxes there, too. By contrast, I'd rather stay home than sit in most of the 200s or 300s in the XL center, and have definitely opted not to go several times rather than sit in the sky boxes there. Worst. View. Ever.
The XL Center needs to be put out of its misery. It's a relic. The Hartford economic contingent holds a lot of sway in the legislature so who knows if UConn will ever be free of it. I hold out hope it'll just finally collapse in a heap someday.

Reaction Score
The XL Center needs to be put out of its misery. It's a relic. The Hartford economic contingent holds a lot of sway in the legislature so who knows if UConn will ever be free of it. I hold out hope it'll just finally collapse in a heap someday.
I would agree with that. Didn't they want to rebuild it because of an NHL team. Would that mean UConn plays a couple of seasons at Gampel?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"Barclays will never be a serious competitor to MSG. Too much history and prestige."

I wouldnt sell the Barclays brand of basketball short. Brooklyn has the most outdoor hoops courts per square mile than any place in the world. And Brooklyn produces way more ballers a year than manhattan has in its entire history. You should check it out before making pronouncements.

What does one have to do with another? How many NFL players a year is Green Bay, Wisconsin putting into the league?

Even though the Knicks have sucked forever and will continue to do so (I'm a Knick fan btw) MSG is the World's Most Famous Arena for a reason. A perennial 4-6 seed in the Eastern Conference playing in Brooklyn won't change that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Barclays will never be a serious competitor to MSG. Too much history and prestige.

But it's location mostly. It's in Manhattan, y'know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom